Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains are hiring rigorously in an attempt to bag the most talented youth of India. According to the placement trends of the last quarter of 2016, there has been a change in hiring trends. IT, FMCG, Consultancy and Communication are the sectors that have been dominating the placements so far.
If you are looking for the highest paying jobs in India then you must work hard to develop certain skills in order to get a good package. Check out the sectors that offer the best jobs in India and skills they demand.
Skills required to join the highest paying sectors in India:
1. User Interface Design:
Education Required: There are no specific degrees for UI Design in India but there are various institutes that provide UI Design certification. The ideal path would be to pursue IT courses such as BCA-MCA or B.Tech with Computer Science or Information Technology and then apply for UI Design certification.
- Apart from that, a good UI Designer must have strong visualization skills and must be able to predict the requirements of the consumer accurately.
- Another important skill that you have to strengthen during your course will be your wireframing and prototyping skills.
- Mastering both developing strategy and coming up with good content is essential to be a good User Interface Designer.
Education Required: To get a high paying job in this field, you are required to pursue MBA or PGDM after your graduation. However, candidates pursuing Economics (Hons.) also get decent job opportunities if they have pursued the course from a recognized university or institute.
- Economics is a very vast field and jobs can be in different sectors such as banking, stock market, FMCG, strategic consultancies, etc.
- The most basic skills that you need are analytical skills. The organizations that recruit economics graduates or MBAs will expect that you interpret the business trends accurately.
- You must also have the ability to interpret statistics correctly in order to evaluate numerical data accurately.
- You should have a shrewd grasp of mathematics to be good at your job.
3. Web Architecture and Development Framework:
Education Required: Pursuing a B.Tech Degree with Computer science and Engineering or Information Technology is quite helpful in pursuing this career. Alternatively, you can also pursue BCA followed by MCA and an additional Web Architecture certificate course to master the following skills.
- You need to brush up your programming skills and be very good at front-end development and back-end development.
- Additionally, understanding of User Interface will also help you to get a good job in this domain of development.
4. PR and Communication:
Education Required: If you have the right skills then programmes that you choose don’t matter as much. However, a PR and Communication firm will require its employees to have pursued Mass Communication programmes or professional English courses. Pursuing MBA in communications after graduation can help you get much better packages.
- The most basic skill that you’ll need in this field is the ability to write in effective English with a journalistic approach.
- Public speaking is another important quality that is required in the field. You must be capable of addressing a crowd and give presentations in English.
- To grow in this field you will also need leadership qualities in order to successfully conduct campaigns.
It is time to brush up your skills and prepare for placements. Make sure that you write your resume effectively and highlight your skills in the best possible way. Device a strategy to achieve your goals and work for it bag the job of your dreams.