- Top BSc Agriculture Colleges in East India and Fees Details
- State- Wise Top BSc Agriculture Colleges in East India Admission …
- Odisha’s Top BSc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
- Bihar’s Top BSc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
- West Bengal’s Top B.Sc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
- Jharkhand’s Top BSc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
- BSc Agriculture Placements in East India
- Government Jobs After BSc Agriculture
- Private Sector Jobs after BSc Agriculture
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The contribution of agriculture and its allied sectors to India’s GDP has improved in recent years. The credit goes the 50 % of the total manpower who is involved in the agricultural sector. This improvement and the govt.’s initiative of making BSc Agriculture course as a professional degree has paved more job opportunities in the sector. There are several jobs for BSc Agriculture Graduates in India in both Government and Private sectors. Read this article to know about the placements in government and private sectors for BSc Agriculture candidates.
A large number of students from the eastern part of India are becoming enthusiastic about the agriculture sector. The most challenging decision for them could be to choose the right institute from the BSc Agriculture Colleges in India. To help the students in their decision, we have listed here the Top BSc Agriculture Colleges in East India. The students who pursue BSc agriculture from reputed college get many job offers immediately aftet their graduation so the candidates can check the list of top colleges for BSc Agriculture course along with the fee structure here.
Read Also:BSc Agriculture Admissions 2022
Top BSc Agriculture Colleges in East India and Fees Details
Students who wish to pursue a B.Sc agriculture course from one of the top agriculture colleges of East India can check the following information given below:
Name of the College/University
Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT)
First Year Fees- 17, 860/-
Centurion University of Technology and Management, Odisha
First Year Fees- INR 2,25,000/-
Gopal Narayan Singh University, Bihar
INR 50,000/-per semester
Dr.C.V. Raman University (CVRU), Bihar
Must qualify for the HSC examination in Agriculture and Science
First Year Fees- INR 60,000/-
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalay, Cooch Behar, West Bengal
Cooch Behar, West Bengal
First Year Fees- INR 4000/-
West Bengal State University (WBSU), West Bengal
Barasat, West Bengal
Sister Nivedita University, West Bengal
Kolkata, West Bengal
First Year Fees-
The Neotia University, West Bengal
Kolkata, West Bengal
Total Course Fees-INR 426,000/-
Sai Nath University, Jharkhand
Must qualify (10+2)/ intermediate examination with PCB, PCM, PCMB, or Agriculture from any recognized Board/University.
First Year Fees-
AISECT University, Jharkhand
Must qualify for 10+2 level examination
First Year Fees-
Radha Govind University, Jharkhand
Must qualify (10+2 )/ equivalent examination with Bio.Science or Mathematics
First Year Fees-
Capital University, Jharkhand
Must qualify (10+2) examination with Mathematics/Science/English
State- Wise Top BSc Agriculture Colleges in East India Admission Process
The selection criteria and admission process of the above-mentioned universities or colleges operated under their guidance differ. Each of them has its admission norms that the applicants need to follow. We have detailed here the admission procedure of State-wise institutes of East India. Scroll down and check:
Odisha’s Top BSc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
1. Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) Admission Process
OUAT organizes a common entrance examination tentatively between the 1st and 2nd week of august for all the undergraduate courses. Two application forms e.g. Common Entrance Test Application Form (Form A) and Admission Form (Form B) must be downloaded from the official website of the university. Form A along with the application fees is to be submitted within the stipulated date. After appearing in the OUAT Common Entrance Test, candidates need to download Form B, edit, upload the necessary documents, and submit. No hard copies are accepted by the university. Candidates can edit the Admission Form (Form B) till the final date of submission.
The candidates are selected based on the Common Entrance Test. The university publishes category-wise and common merit lists. The shortlisted candidates are given ranks and they are called for counselling sessions on a particular date. The date, time, and venue are published on the newspaper and university website. The final admission depends on the seat availabilities, candidates’ eligibility, and document verifications. On the completion of the payment of admission fees, the final admission is confirmed.
2.Centurion University of Technology and Management, Odisha Admission Process
Centurion University of Technology and Management accepts CUEE (Centurion University Entrance Examination) scores for enrolling students in Bachelor of Agriculture Science. CUEE registration can be done both online and offline. Candidates can choose any of the modes for filling up the CUEE application form. Application fees and the online filled-in application form can be submitted through the official website of the university. After getting success in the entrance test, the candidates can secure a provisional admission by paying minimum fees online/DD/cash.
University announces a specific date on which they will have to report to the university campus. Marksheets and Certificates of qualifying examinations, PAN and Aadhar Card, CUEE score card, Photograph, and payment receipts all these documents are verified on that date. Based on document verification, candidates get permission to pay the admission fees. The exact amount of fees specified in the provisional admission letter needs to be deposited.
Bihar’s Top BSc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
1.Gopal Narayan Singh University, Bihar Admission Process
B.Sc Agriculture Course offered by the Gopal Narayan Singh University, Bihar is a 4-year degree course offered in regular mode only. The following admission process can be checked by the candidates:
Step 1: Complete the registration process
Step 2: Get the online application form/ collect it from the institute’s office
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the correct details
Step 4: Select the course
Step 5: Upload the documents
Step 6: Pay the application fees through credit card/debit card/net banking. DD is also accepted.
Step 7: The university will send a prospectus.
Step 8: A merit list will be published from the end of the university.
Step 9: Get your documents verified if you are on the merit list.
Step 10: Pay the admission fees
Note: DD must be made in favor of ‘Gopal Narayan Singh University
2.Dr.C.V. Raman University (CVRU), Bihar Admission Process
The admission procedure of Dr.C.V. Raman University (CVRU), Bihar is a combined form of multiple processes including admission form collection, course selection, application form fill-up, admission form submission, and selection process. Merit is the only criterion for the selection of candidates for the B.Sc Agriculture Course at CVRU. The institute informs the date, venue, and time of the counselling and admissions to all the shortlisted candidates through its official website. Candidates will get an SMS regarding the same. Their responsibility will be to appear at the specified venue and on the scheduled date to complete the admission process.
3.K.K. University Admission Process
K.K.University is implementing IDEA or Interdisciplinary and Experiential Active-Learning and Choice Based Credit System for the B.Sc (Agriculture) course from the academic year 2021-2022. The given process is followed for candidates’ admission:
The application can be done through the prescribed format of the Application Form. Then the filled-in application form must be submitted to the University Registrar within the last date. The Admission Committee and then the Dean or Principal of the respective school verifies the application. The selection of the candidates is done according to the rules set by the regulatory bodies. The final admission is confirmed based on the document verification, merit, and payment of the fees. Admitted candidates will have to produce an original TC or Migration certificate on demand of the university.
West Bengal’s Top B.Sc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
1.Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalay Admission Process
Admission notification of UBKV for the online applications (B.Sc. Agriculture 4-year programme) tentatively comes in June. Only the West Bengal-based candidates can apply. The online admission process is mentioned below:
- Online application form Fill Up
- Merit List Publication
- Choice filling for courses and colleges
- Offering seat options as per choice fillings and merit
- Payment of Seat Booking Fees
- Physical Verification on the stipulated date
- Final Admission based on physical verification
Note: Candidates from other states can apply using ICAR Quota only.
2. West Bengal State University (WBSU) Admission Process
WBSU takes in candidates for its undergraduate Agriculture course based on their merit reflects in the 10+2 level examination. On the completion of form fill up and submission, the university or the colleges under the WBSU publishes a merit list on its official website. The final merit list is prepared based on the candidates’ scores in the previous qualifying examinations. After the merit list publication, candidates will have to appear in the corresponding colleges to get all the required documents verified.
3. Sister Nivedita University, West Bengal
Sister Nivedita University is one of the best private universities where the students are taught about Agriculture through its B.Sc. Hons. Agriculture course. The following process is maintained to enroll the students in this course:
Step 1: Candidates have to collect the Admission Enquiry Form from the official website/ from the campus office.
Step 2: Fill up the admission enquire form with the assistance of the trained counselors.
Step 3: Submit the form.
Step 4: University will publish a merit list depending on the SNUET. The university calculates scores automatically for preparing the merit.
Step 5: The university shall offer admission letters to all the selected candidates.
Step 6: The shortlisted candidates will have to submit the Acceptance of Admission along with the first installment of the programme fee. They can pay the fees through Credit card/debit card/net banking/ e-wallet etc. Fees can be also paid through a demand draft payable to ‘Sister Nivedita University’.
Step 7: The SNU will then ask the selected candidates who have received the admission offer letter and paid the fees to appear on the campus for Physical Document Verification.
Step 8: Once the verification is done, a provisional admission letter along with the temporary I-card will be given to the candidates.
Candidates are advised to check the Admission Brochure before filling up the application form.
4. The Neotia University, West Bengal Admission Process
The Neotia University, West Bengal is recognized as the First Private University to offer ICAR-approved B.Sc.Hons Agriculture course (4-years course). The candidates for this course are selected depending on the marks earned in the aptitude test and the merits of the last qualifying examinations. Given below is the process for taking admission to TNU:
- Visit the official website of TNU.
- Click on the Apply Now link or Online Registration section
- You will get a registration form with 3 options including UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses.
- Choose the Undergraduate course option.
- A registration form will appear on the screen.
- Enter the details along and complete the mobile verification.
- Click on the register button.
- An email containing a link will be sent to the candidates’ mail id.
- Click on the link and you will be directly sent to the students’ dashboard where you can fill up the application form /admission form and upload the essential documents.
- On the successful submission of the application form, an application number will be generated.
- The candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 20,000/- as provisional admission fees.
- For provisional admission upload documents including Aadhar Card, Admit Card, and Marksheet of Class 10 and Admit Card of class 12th, 1 passport size photograph.
- Final admission will be offered based on candidates’ eligibility, seat availability, admission offer letters, and submission of the required documents.
Jharkhand’s Top BSc Agriculture Colleges Admission Process
1.Sai Nath University, Jharkhand Admission Process
SNU, Jharkhand operates two types of admission processes for taking in the candidates.
For taking online admission, candidates can click on the Apply Online link. Then they need to fill-up the form. Once the form is filled up, the Pay Online link must be clicked. After paying the required amount, candidates can WhatsApp the payment information to the specified contact number. The process mentioned so far does not guarantee admission. The university confirms admission only based on seat availabilities and eligibilities.
Collect the SNU Admission Form from the university’s office desk on any working day from 10:00 am-04:00 pm. The admission will be conducted based on merit. The selected candidates must deposit the requisite amount of fees within the deadline. Document verification is done at the final stage of the admission process.
2.AISECT University, Jharkhand Admission Process
Candidates who wish to enroll in the Agriculture programme of AISECT offered at the undergraduate level can apply online. The detailed admission procedure includes the following steps:
Step 1: Visit AISECT’s official website
Step 2: Click on the link Apply Online
Step 3: Duly fill in the registration form.
Step 4: Fill in the application form with the correct details.
Step 5: Submit and pay the specified amount as application fees through a credit/debit card.
Step 6: The application number will be generated. Save it for future reference
AISECT University selects the candidates based on merit. A merit list is published following the dates and venue of counselling. Depending on the eligibility, vacant seats, and document verification, the final admission is confirmed.
3. Radha Govind University, Jharkhand Admission Process
Radha Govind University offers only an online application process for conducting admission. The online application form is available on the university website. Register at the website and get the online application form. Enter all the important details, the institutes will require for admission. Make sure all the entries are correct. Then candidates will have to upload all the necessary documents and scanned photographs. Pay the application fees.
Verifying the applications and merit, the university releases a result tentatively in the month of June. Following the merit results, the seats are allotted to the shortlisted candidates. The candidates can confirm their seats by paying the requisite amount of admission fees.
4. Capital University, Jharkhand Admission Process
Capital University, Jharkhand claims to conduct a transparent, merit-based, and uniform admission process. To conduct this admission process, the institute gives priority only to the entrance test score. The candidates will have to mandatorily appear in the entrance test applicable for the Bachelor Degree Agriculture course offered by the CUJ. On their success, they will get the admission only by paying the admission fees in favor of Capital University. All the eligibility documents need to be provided in support of candidature on demand of the university.
BSc Agriculture Placements in East India
There are several job opportunities for the BSc agriculture graduates. The BSc Agriculture Placements in East India is quite decent and many recruiters are hiring candidates as soon as they complete their graduation from BSc agriculture.
Government Jobs After BSc Agriculture
One of the most important reasons behind the popularity of BSc Agriculture course is the increasing demand of agriculture graduates in the market and the industry. The job opportunities have escalated multiple folds both in private and government sector for students who have completed their graduation in BSc Agriculture. Some of the common government jobs that the students get after BSc Agriculture are mentioned below.
- Agriculture Forest Officer- Agricultural Forest Officer are range forest officers who are responsible for their respective territory. They look after forests, wildlife, environment and all other related issues. They help in conservation of forests and animals and protect them in best possible way. They take care of not only the geographical area but all the inhabitants in the forest including animals and humans. The average salary structure of Agriculture Forest Officer in the current scenario ranges between 8-12 lakhs per annum.
- Research Associate- The profile of the research associate is to work in the research department of any investment organization, or any other firm. A research associate help and support researchers in synthesizing data and helping the organization. They also help in decision making in firm’s decision and helps in the growth of the organization. The average salary structure for this profile ranges between 4-5 lakhs per annum.
- Field Work Manager- They are also accountable to look after a particular field or area hat have been assigned to them. They do management of forests and woodland. They are also involved in many other activities like maintaining of flora and fauna in the area assigned to them. They also maintain, plan, and execute the responsibility of taking care of forest, wildlife populations, harvesting timber, and more.
- Laboratory Assistants- Laboratory Assistants are accountable for assisting the researcher and also collecting data for the laboratories. They are also responsible for maintaining lab equipments. Lab assistants are required by pharmacy industries and many other government institutions. The salary of lab assistants ranges between 4-5 lakhs per annum.
- Assistant Executive Engineer/Curator B – The role of Curator or Assistant Executive Engineer is to assist Executive Engineers in day to day work and administration of the concerned organization. This post is usually found in National Council of Science Museum. They are accountable for execution of day today activities of the museums. They also maintain and supervise all the items that are preserved in the museum. The average salary structure for this profile is 6-7 lakhs per annum.
- Banking Jobs- The students of BSc Agriculture also gets plenty of opportunity to work in banking sector for different profiles such as Junior Agriculture Associate, Rural Development Officer, Specialist Officer, Agriculture Officer, Probationary Officer, Filed Officer, etc. The salary of these employees depends on the profile they will be selected for. The banking jobs are considered as high paid salary jobs with lucrative perks.
Private Sector Jobs after BSc Agriculture
The private sector jobs are also very lucrative after doing BSc Agriculture in the current scenario. As the number of agriculture and agriculture related industries are growing and raising day by day, the job opportunities are also increasing simultaneously. The students can check some of the common and prominent jobs in the private sector after doing BSc Agriculture.
Food Scientist- The role of food scientist is very crucial as they are the ones behind our taste buds. They are accountable for research, development and testing of different ingredients and foods to make sure they are safe to consume by human beings. Food scientists utilize their knowledge of lie and physical sciences to create new technologies. They develop technologies for food production, food processing and food packaging. The average salary of food scientists ranges from 6-7lakhs per annum.
Agronomy Sales Manager-Agronomic Sales Managers are responsible for maintaining customer relations and explaining to customers about use and benefits of agronomic products. The main purpose of sales managers is to sell those products in retail or to the wholesale market. They also take the responsibility of training new joinees and telling them the tricks of sales in their respective areas. The salary structure for this profile varies from 4-6 lakhs per annum.
Agriculture Operations Manager- The agriculture operations managers take care of different farms. They play a very significant role as they look after budgeting for all these farms and they also look after expenditures related to products, supplies and labor. They manage the entire operations of assigned farms. They also schedule work to be done for each farm to ensure better crop yield and production under all conditions. The average salary structure for this profile ranges between 8-9 lakhs per annum.
Agriculture Economist- Agriculture economists are the senior and experts in the field of agriculture. The job of agriculture economists is to analyze the task of farmers. They investigate how farmers produce, distribute and channelize their products. They help farmers in growing their business by ensuring that they get the best prices for their products. Agriculture economist requires experience and it is high paid jobs as the average salary structure ranges between 8-10 lakhs per annum.
Bioinformatics Scientist- Bioinformatics Scientists merges technology and computer science to study and find appropriate solutions. They also conduct research by using bioinformatics theory and methods such as medical technology, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, computational biology, etc. They help in the development of society. The average salary structure for this profile ranges between 9-10 lakhs per annum.
By pursuing BSc Agriculture Courses from any of the above-mentioned Top BSc Agriculture Colleges in East India, candidates will be definetly able to enter their dream professions in the agricultural sector or pursue higher education in the same.
For more updates on BSc Agriculture Placements, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!