- BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam 2023
- Application Form for BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam 2023
- State Wise BSc Agriculture Admission 2023
- Why Should You Pursue BSc Agriculture?
- Who All Can Pursue BSc Agriculture?
- BSc Agriculture Eligibility Criteria
- BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam Admissions 2023
- BSc Agriculture Admission Process 2023
- Popular Colleges for BSc Agriculture Admission
- List of Top Private Colleges for BSc Agriculture in India
- BSc Agriculture Subjects
- Employment Opportunities after BSc Agriculture
- Job Types/Job Roles after BSc Agriculture
- Salary After Pursuing BSc Agriculture
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is a four-year programme that can be pursued after completing 10+2 from a recognised board with a Science background in the +2 programme. Students will learn about Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, as well as Poultry Management Techniques and Science, in this course. Graduates of the BSc Agriculture programme are also well-placed in government sectors. Agricultural Officer, Agricultural Analyst, Seed Technologist, Agricultural Manager, and other BSc Agriculture jobs are available.
BSc Agriculture Admissions 2023 process has been initiated by various universities and boards in various colleges. In India, BSc Agriculture has risen to the top of the list of courses that students pursue after completing their 10+2 years. Students from all over India pursue this degree because of the numerous job opportunities. BSc Agriculture admission is based on merit or an entrance exam. Candidates for the BSc Agriculture programme can apply by taking any university or state-level entrance exam.
Applicants for BSc Agriculture admission 2023 may take any university or state-level entrance exam.On September 1, 2023, the AP AGRICET was held. The application form, which includes a late fee, must have been submitted by August 10, 2023.The TS AGRICET was held on August 26, 2023, with the results expected on August 31, 2023.
- The ICAR AIEEA 2023 exam has been merged with the CUET UG 2023 exam.
- The CUET UG exam was held from May 21st to June 17th, 2023.
- The Agriculture AP EAMCET exam was held from May 23 to 25, 2023.
- The AP EAMCET 2023 Agriculture exam was held from May 23 to 25, 2023.
- The TS EAMCET Agriculture exam 2023 was held on May 10 and 11, 2023. On May 14, 2023, Rajasthan JET 2023 was held.
Several states offer admission to BSc Agriculture course through their own state-level entrance exams. Kerala BSc Agriculture admissions are currently being processed using the KEAM. Furthermore, the registration deadline for Kerala BSc Agriculture was April 10, 2023. The CUET exam is used to determine eligibility for admission to the Tripura BSc Agriculture programme (TJEE). The Maharashtra BSc Agriculture admissions process is based on the MHT CET and the UPCATET exam, both of which have begun registration and will be used to determine BSc Agriculture admissions in 2023.
Also Read: List of BSc Agriculture Entrance Exams 2023
BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam 2023
Check the list of BSc Agriculture admissions 2023 in India along with BSc Agriculture form date 2023 and exam dates here:
|BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam|
|February 27 to March 27, 2023||May 14, 2023|
March 03 to April 04, 2023
May 10 to 11, 2023
|May 26 to June 9, 2023||July 11, 2023|
|March 11 to May 5 (with late fee)|
May 23 to 25 (Agriculture)
|BCECE Agriculture||May 7 to June 2|
July 1 & 2, 2023
|UPCATET||March 12 to May 05, 2023|
May 30 & May 31, 2023
|PAU CET||June 2023||July 23, 2023|
|GBPUAT||March 1 to April 15, 2023||June 4, 2023|
|AP AGRICET (for Diploma Passouts)||August 10, 2023||September 1, 2023|
|TS AGRICET (for Diploma Passouts)||July 27, 2023||August 26, 2023|
|CG PAT||May 26 to June 16|
July 2, 223
|MHT CET (PCB)||Closed||May 15 to 20, 2023|
|KCET (Agriculture)||February 27 to April 05, 2023||May 20 & 21, 2023|
|Jharkhand BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam||May 29 to June 20, 2023|
July 9, 2023
|List of Agriculture Courses after Class 12||List of Agriculture Diploma Courses|
Application Form for BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam 2023
You can click on the links below to fill out the BSc Agriculture admissions 2023 application form for various BSc agriculture entrance exam 2023:
|B.Sc Agriculture Entrance Exam 2023||Application Form Link|
|BCECE Agriculture||BCECE Agriculture Application Form|
|TS EAMCET||TS EAMCET Application Form|
|PAU CET||PAU CET Application Form|
|GBPUAT||GBPUAT Application Form|
|MHT CET||MHT CET Application Form|
|Rajasthan JET||Rajasthan JET Application Form|
|AP EAMCET||AP EAMCET Application Form|
|MP PAT||MP PAT Application Form|
|UPCATET||UPCATET Application Form|
|KCET||KCET Application Form|
|KEAM||KEAM 2023 Application Form|
State Wise BSc Agriculture Admission 2023
Check the following links for State Wise UG BSc Agriculture admissions 2023:
|Karnataka||Karnataka UG Agriculture Admissions|
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra B.Sc. Agriculture Admissions|
|Bihar||Bihar Agriculture Admission|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh BSc Agriculture Admission|
|Telangana||Telangana BSc Agriculture Admission|
|Tamil Nadu||TNAU UG Agriculture Admission|
|Rajasthan||Rajasthan JET Choice Filling|
|Jharkhand||Jharkhand BSc Agriculture Admission|
|Kerala||Kerala BSc Agriculture Admission|
|Odisha||Odisha BSc Agriculture Admission|
|West Bengal||West Bengal BSc Agriculture Admission|
|Haryana||Haryana BSc Agriculture Admission|
Why Should You Pursue BSc Agriculture?
Considering that India is popular for farming and its agricultural land, this is one sector where you will never see a shortage of work. While there are abundant job options in this field, the idea behind this course is to have trained professionals for the better management of products and future developments. It is also a great alternative to the BE or B Tech Agriculture program. Therefore, you will find enough reasons to pursue this course, and some of them are, in fact, listed below.
Good employment opportunities in State and Central Government ministries and departments, rural and nationalized banks, agricultural finance corporation research institutions, Krishi Vigyan Kendra, agro-industry sector, various agricultural universities and service organizations
Agriculture is a very lucrative industry in India and also at the global level
After pursuing BSc Agriculture, applicants can choose to set up their own business in economic sectors such as farming, plantation, mining, poultry farming, etc
Applicants can also work as inspectors or agricultural managers in farm-related organizations, food processing units, dairy fields, breeding centers and NGOs
Who All Can Pursue BSc Agriculture?
This is not a very conventional course but some students may find it particularly interesting. To pursue this course, applicants need to have good knowledge of Science and need to familiarise themselves with pastures, crops, soil types, etc. They must also have good communication and organizing skills, the ability to give presentations, etc. and they should have an idea of some of the popular business concepts. Candidates belonging to agrarian families may also find BSc Agriculture admissions 2023 course interesting.
BSc Agriculture Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to pursue BSc Agriculture admissions 2023 have to meet the criteria listed below:
They should have completed 10+2 with Chemistry, Biology and Physics as their main subjects
The minimum marks required for admission would depend on the institute to institute
The minimum age limit is 18 and there is no upper age limit to pursue BSc Agriculture
Another admission requirement is an entrance test, which is conducted by an institute. Given below are some of the institutes in India that conduct their own entrance exams for admission in BSc Agriculture
Note: The eligibility criteria vary from university to university in terms of subject combinations and it also varies for the reserved categories.
BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam Admissions 2023
In India, there is 1 Central Agricultural University, 42 State Agricultural Universities, 4 General Central Universities, 5 Deemed Universities and 4 General Central Universities. These universities enroll students at the undergraduate level in 11 disciplines and about 15,000 students get admission every year. There are many private colleges and general universities that offer BSc. Agriculture course to a large number of students. Admission to some of these colleges offering BSc Agriculture course is based on some of the most popular entrance exams listed below:
- AP EAMCET – JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), Kakinada on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) organises AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, Medical Common Entrance Test). Through this state-level entrance exam, candidates can get admission in various undergraduate programs offered at participating universities/private colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
- PAU Entrance Exam – It is organised by Punjab Agricultural University for candidates seeking admission in various UG programmes offered by it. Interested candidates who wish to pursue BSc Agriculture programmes from Punjab Agricultural University can apply for admission after fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- (IKGV) CET – The Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) conducts a common entrance exam i.e. IGKV CET every year for candidates seeking admission in the postgraduate programmes such as M.Sc.Agriculture, M.Sc. Fruit Science, M.Tech Agriculture, etc.
- MP PAT – MP PAT is a state-level examination conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, also known as MP Vypam, for admission in BTech (Agriculture Engineering), BSc (Agriculture), BSc (Horticulture) and BSc (Forestry) courses offered by various agriculture colleges and institutions in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- JCECE – Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) is responsible for conducting JCECE for admission to BSc Agriculture, BTech (Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering), B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry. Candidates with Jharkhand domicile are the only ones who can apply for this entrance exam.
- TS EAMCET – Telangana Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) is a state-level entrance exam organised by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council of Higher Education). The examination is meant for candidates seeking admission to various professional courses offered in over 300 private colleges and Universities in the Telangana state.
BSc Agriculture Admission Process 2023
BSc Agriculture admission 2023 is done in two ways: on the basis of merit or through an entrance exam administered by a specific university or institute that offers the degree.
- For direct merit admissions, applicants must apply to the college of their choice and attend personal interviews. If you are chosen, you will be granted admission
- For entrance exam admission, students must take entrance exams, and based on their exam scores, they will be called for counselling and assigned a seat in a college for this course
Popular Colleges for BSc Agriculture Admission
There are a number of universities and private colleges that offer BSc Agriculture course. Some of the most popular colleges for BSc Agriculture admissions 2023 are:
Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi
University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Bengaluru
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUA&T), Bhubaneswar
Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology (CSAUA&T), Kanpur
List of Top Private Colleges for BSc Agriculture in India
Here is the list of top private colleges for BSc Agriculture admission in India. You can get direct admission in any of these colleges by just filling the Common Application Form.
|Bhai Gurdas Group of Institutions - Sangrur||Vivekananda Global University - Jaipur|
|Quantum University - Roorkee||Dr. KN Modi University - Jaipur|
|CT University Ludhiana||The Neotia University - Kolkata|
|Baddi University - Solan||Sage University - Indore|
BSc Agriculture Subjects
BSc Agriculture admissions 2023 covers subjects like Agronomy, Plant Genetics, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Entomology, amongst many others. The subjects included in this course give students an overall insight into agriculture and all its related disciplines. Some of the subjects are given below for BSc Agriculture admissions 2023:
Trade prices, Market prices, Finance, Marketing, Farm Management, Agribusiness Management
Basics of Agronomy, Field Crops (Kharif), Field Crops (Rabi), Weed Management, Water Resource Management, Crop Production, Irrigation Techniques, Sustainable Agriculture, Organic Farming
Agriculture Machinery, Harvest Technology, Power and Tools, Renewable Energy, Environment Science and Engineering
Climatic hazards in Agriculture, Climate patterns, Climatic Zones, Weather forecasting
Aromatic Plants, Fruit Crops, Flower Production, Medicinal Plants, Spices, Plantation Crops
Extension Methodologies, Dimensions of Agricultural Extension, Entrepreneurship Development programme
Introduction to Soil Science, Soil Chemistry, Soil Fertility, Agricultural Chemistry, Fertilizers
Employment Opportunities after BSc Agriculture
Those who've done their graduation in BSc Agriculture can find a number of jobs in both private as well as government organisations. In the government sector, graduates can work in State Agriculture Departments at the Officer level posts. They can also be hired by Government Banks to fill up Officer level posts (generally dealing with Loans).
In the private sector, graduates may work as Officers at Fertilizer Manufacturing companies, Managers at Plantations, Agricultural Products Marketing companies, Agriculture Machinery Industries, Food processing units, etc.
Candidates who've done their graduation in BSc Agriculture may work as independent consultants after gaining some years of work experience. Taking up MSc Agriculture after BSc Agriculture is another option, basis which one can take up a teaching job. Candidates may also try pursuing a Ph.D to do Agriculture related Research work.
Job Types/Job Rolesafter BSc Agriculture
After pursuing BSc Agriculture, applicants can choose to take up any of the following roles:
Salary After Pursuing BSc Agriculture
The starting salary after pursuing BSc Agriculture can range from INR 15,000 - INR 30,000, and after gaining some experience, graduates can look forward to earning from INR 60,000 - INR 80,000. It also depends on the university or institute from where the student has pursued his/her degree.
This was all about BSc Agriculture including BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam, Important Dates, Subjects, Career Scope etc.
For more such information, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.