- Articles byStream
Notable Politicians from Delhi University Students Union
With Delhi university elections around the corner and student leaders are trying their best to mark their name in this election, we are presenting name of politicians from Delhi who emerged out from Delhi University Election.
• Arun Jaitley He is currently the Minister of Finance, Minister of Corporate Affairs and Minister of Information and Broadcasting of India. Jaitley was an Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) student leader in the Delhi University Campus in the seventies and rose to be President of the University Students' Union in 1974. He is also the current Leader of the House at Rajya Sabha. In the 2014 general election, he unsuccessfully contested as Bharatiya Janata Party's candidate for Amritsar, where he was defeated by Indian National Congress candidate, Captain Amarinder Singh.
• Ajay Maken Ajay Maken was elected the President of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) in 1985, having the rare honour of being the only B.Sc Chemistry (Hons) - Final Year student to serve this post. His victory as President, DUSU was largely due to the massive sympathy wave generated by the assassination of his uncle Lalit Maken.
• Alka Lamba Lamba began her political career in 1994 when she was in second year of BSc where she joined the National Students Union of India (NSUI) and had taken the responsibility as Delhi State Girl Convener. After one year in 1995, she contested the Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) election for the post of President and won by a huge margin. In 1996 she worked as All India Girl Convener for NSUI and in 1997 she was appointed as the President of all India NSUI.
• Ambika Soni Soni began her political career in 1969 when she was co-opted into the Congress Party by Indira Gandhi at the time of the Party split in 1969. In 1975 she was elected president of the Indian Youth Congress and worked closely with Sanjay Gandhi. From 1999- 2006 she was General Secretary of All India Congress Committee.
• Vijay Jolly Vijay Jolly started his political career at Delhi University as a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and remained the President of Delhi University Students Union (1980–1981), before entering politics as a member of BJP. He is currently the All India In charge & Prabhari of Tripura State, BJP and All India In charge & Ex. Convenor of Foreign Cell, BJP.
• Tulsi Agarwal After graduation from high school, he earned his master's degree in political science and LLB at the University of Delhi. Right from his student days he was associated with RSS/ABVP as a prominent activist of ABVP, had worked as general secretary of ABVP Delhi state, thereafter became active member of the youth wing of BJP (BJYM). Currently he is a national executive member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Marine Engineering is a popular course among engineering aspirants as it offers some of the brightest career ...
Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad which is popularly known as Indian School of Mines has announced an admission ...