- Articles byStream
Few Things to Keep in Mind While Staying in Hostels
For the students stepping out from home sweet home atmosphere and living at a hostel in an unknown city, have to learn a lots of things in the course of time.
Detached from the sumptuous homemade food, care from family and your tantrums that were only dealt by your loved ones back at home patiently, students have to compromise with lots of things while living in a hostel.
Let’s see the different things while students living in hostel need to keep in mind.
• Hostel norms and regulations: While putting up at a hostel, you come across various rules and regulations affiliated by the hostel warden. So, be it reaching hostel premises on time after celebrating birthdays or parties at night or taking night outs, be it putting off the lights in the room at a particular time or participating in regular health exercise programs are meant to be taken quite seriously. This is how you would actually learn to live and love your hostel!
• Decorum in your own room: Who would even wonder to stay in one's own room and still follow room etiquette? This was never the case at home. So yes, though you are inside your own room, you need to look after your roommates' requirements and take care of them as well. Now you can no more fight over teeny tiny things like grabbing the window side table or the wooden shelf beside the bed. It is only you to keep your books and laptop to be placed in a disciplined manner every time religiously. You learn to get matured and responsible!
• Be a role model with Punctuality Your mom is nowhere around to wake you up anymore early morning for a walk or to study sincerely. It’s all upon you to be punctual and more responsible to take care of yourself. Discipline and sincerity are the major attributes you learn to attain while staying in a hostel. Getting ready on time for every college lecture, lunch or sports activities or taking a shower without delay are the few things you start working upon in a hostel.
• Cleanliness is next to Godliness Gone are those days when you threw away your used socks and there was somebody to wash them off. Cleanliness and hygiene are the things you actually need to maintain while staying in a hostel to stay healthy and strong. You should not be talking stuff in your hostel about your messiness, hence hostel makes you learn staying clean and tidy, washing off clothes regularly, keeping your room clean and maintaining personal hygiene.
• Staying Safe First Safety and security are not only taken by the hostel guards but also it is your sole responsibility to abide by the safety policies for yourself. Be alert and wise while staying in a hostel. Following hostel timings, not being over friendly with strangers or security guards among other harmful habits that one might grow up during hostel life must be adhered to.
• Your Health is Wealth Time has flown away from the days where you used to demand your favorite dish and it was prepared in no time. During your hostel days, you learn to savor every bite that you get to feed upon. Hostel makes you learn even cooking and loving to eat whatever you get! Remember eating healthy food is necessary to stay fit in the hostel.
• Studying in Style You don't get teacher's regular notes anymore! So this is the time where you make acquaintances to gather all notes of your selected subjects. Regularity in classes and regular studies in the hostel would definitely help you score higher grades. Your Parents might not be there to guide you every day but their advices should be the buzz words in your ears forever. It is always recommended not to keep bundles to study during the last days of your exams.
• Staying in Harmony: It is your hostel that makes you learn to stay in a harmony amongst roommates, classmates, loud seniors or meek juniors. Your sweet behavior may not be imprinted on the walls of the hostels walls but it will definitely be imprinted on the soul of everyone you met in this sojourn for the rest of their life.
Make the most out of your hostel days and be the best one among the entire hostel gang to be emulated.
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...
IIT alumni, Nihar Ranjan Beura quit his job and successful career to contest in the rural body polls for Dumuka gram ...