Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
UPSC CSE 2023 Expert Tips and Last Minute Strategy: The Union Public Service Commission will conduct the UPSC CSE preliminary examination on 28 May 2023. The examination will be conducted at different examination centers across the country so that the students can easily get a chance to serve the UPSC organization. The examination is conducted once every year and lakhs of students participate in the examination. UPSC CSE Main Exams 2023 will be conducted on 15 September 2023 by the concerned authorities. The candidates can start preparing for the preliminary and the main examination by taking into consideration the details related to the UPSC CSE 2023 Expert Tips And Last Minute Strategy given below.
It is probably the best time for the candidates to get some tips from the UPSC CSE exam experts as part of their last-minute strategy inventory. This is the last step before the UPSC CSE 2023 candidates face one of the biggest challenges of their lives. The dream of lakhs of candidates to become a part of the regulation and policy-making process of the country hinges on how well they are prepared for the entrance exam. In that pursuit, UPSC CSE expert tips and last-minute strategy can be the difference between them and their competitors. Let us then dive straight into what the experts have to suggest to the UPSC CSE 2023 preliminary aspirants to help them secure eligibility for the UPSC CSE 2023 mains examination.
UPSC CSE 2023: Important Dates
The candidates can check out the important dates for the UPSC civil services examination for the year 2023 from the table provided below:
UPSC 2023 Important Events
UPSC 2023 Notification Released
February 1, 2023
UPSC Application Date 2023
February 1, 2023
UPSC Application Last Date 2023
February 21, 2023
UPSC Prelims Exam Date
May 28, 2023
UPSC Mains Exam Date
September 15, 2023
UPSC CSE 2023: Exam Pattern
The selection procedure for UPSC CSE consists of Prelims and Mains examination. Both exams will be conducted offline and the instructions will be available in Hindi and English both. There will be two papers in prelims and 7 papers in the main exam out of which two papers are optional. The maximum mark for prelims is 400 and for mains, it is 1750. The duration will be two hours for each paper for the prelims exam and 3 hours for each paper for the mains exam. You can check out the important information about the UPSC CSE 2023 exam pattern from the table given below:
Medium of Instruction
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
Number of Qualifying Papers
Type of Questions
Both Objective & Subjective
One-third (for objective-type questions only)
2 hrs per paper
3 hrs per paper
UPSC CSE 2023 Expert Preparation Tips
- Stop preparing now and focus more on the revision part. No point studying with only a handful of days remaining for the exam. Instead, consolidate what you have studied till this point. By revising what you have learned till now, you can cement your knowledge. The revision will help boost your confidence and is the only possible way to reduce test anxiety with a few more days to go for the exam
- Start solving more and more previous years’ UPSC CSE preliminary question papers which will help you evaluate your exam performance. By solving previous years’ UPSC CSE question papers, you will have a fair idea regarding your strengths and weaknesses. Through this process, you can still have the time to eliminate a few of your weaknesses. It will also give you a fair idea about how much time a question takes to be answered which will help you immensely on your exam day
- Taking mock tests is another way of identifying your weaker areas before appearing for the examination. By solving mock test papers, you will get a hold of the intimate details about the UPSC CSE exam which will boost your chances of securing the required qualifying marks. It is the best way of assessing yourself and you will have a tentative answer to your question regarding how well are you prepared to take on the most challenging exam in the country
- Formulate a realistic plan and follow the plan at any cost. By preparing a realistic plan, you will gain confidence in achieving your goals. Slowly and steadily, you can then bolster your exam targets and goals. If you refer to any previous years’ success stories of candidates, you will find they followed the same strategy. It is as simple as that - if your plans are ambitious from the very beginning and if you fail to make those plans work, then your motivation is bound to take a massive dip which is not very good with the exam around the corner. A realistic plan is a key to success as it guarantees you a stress-free final preparatory push
- Healthy food and a rested mind are the final tips that are essential for the candidates appearing in this year’s UPSC CSE (Prelims) exam. Nutritious food will help you keep your anxiety level at bay and a rested mind means you will be all charged up for every session of your preparation plan.
UPSC CSE 2023 Last Minute StrategyIt is important to take into account preparation tips and tricks right before the exam because sometimes the exam can cause panic among the aspirants. This is a very prestigious competitive exam available in India and the students who will be giving the UPSC civil service exam can check all the major information about the last-minute strategy given below:
- The people who will be giving their UPSC CSE Exam 2023 must note that they do not read any new topics right before the exam is to be conducted. It can be very difficult to read and learn a new topic right before the exams are conducted.
- It is a very healthy practice to solve mock test papers available before the exam and this will help in boosting the confidence of the aspirant. Time management is one of the most important things that you need to focus on so when you will be solving the mock test you will be able to manage your time accordingly.
- The most important thing to consider before the exam is to make sure that you have all of the documents that are required in order to sit inside the examination hall. The applicants are required to carry all of the important items that will be needed in the exam and this will help them to be confident when they are entering the examination hall.
- It is important to revise the things that you have learned during your preparation for the UPSC civil service exam and make sure that you are practicing all of the facts and figures. The students are requested to go through the notes that they have made during the preparation for the exam and this will help them to revise the portion.
- Last but not least as mentioned above, it is important to meditate and price your mental health and well-being before the exam is to be conducted. Make sure that you are in the right state of mind and that you have taken a good sleep right before the exam.
In the end, these expert tips and last-minute preparation tips to crack the UPSC CSE 2023 exam are for those candidates who have seriously put in their efforts. These are not tricks for those who are trying to get through this stage with minimal effort and are promising to pick their pace up for the UPSC CSE 2023 (Mains) exam. To all those who have invested the right amount of time until this point, we wish them all the very best. And to only them, our final tip - have belief in yourself and your preparations!
Gujarat University MA Admission 2023 - Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Merit List, Seat Allotment, Fee
Gujarat University BA Admissions 2023 - Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Counselling
Bangalore University MA, MSc Admission 2023 - Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Counselling Process, Omnibus Merit List
North-Eastern Hill University UG Admission 2023 through CUET: Dates, Application Process, Courses Wise Eligibility, Admission Process
Bihar BA Admission 2023 - Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Participating Colleges
UPSC CSE Prelims 2023 Exam Day Instructions - Check Exam Dates, Documents to Carry and Guidelines