Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The official notification and exam date for WB TET 2021 will be confirmed soon. The 2017 exam process of WB TET concluded on January 31, and the process for the 2021 exam will be initiated soon. The West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test, which is commonly known by its abbreviation WB TET, is an examination conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education for assessing the minimum qualifications required in a person for being recruited as a teacher in the schools of West Bengal. WB TET is solely the factor that determines the eligibility of someone to be recruited as a teacher in the government as well as the private schools of West Bengal. Qualified individuals who wish to make acareer as a teacher in any privately run or government school of West Bengal have to mandatorily appear for this examination to be considered eligible for being hired as a teacher.
The WB TET exam is for the recruitment of teachers for the lower primary classes and also the upper primary classes in schools. The category of lower primary includes classes from 1st to 5th while the category of upper primary pertains to classes 6th, 7th, and 8th. The candidates who are interested in applying for WB TET 2021 will find all the important information regarding the exam here.
WB TET Exam Highlights 2022
Below are some of the important highlights about the WB TET exam. Check below for more information
WB TET 2021 Important Dates
The important dates of WB TET 2021 can be checked below -
Also Read:All About Assam TET
WB TET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The West Bengal Board of Primary Education sets specific eligibility criteria for WB TET 2021 that candidates need to meet. The eligibility criteria of WB TET is given below:
WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2021 for Lower Primary Level:
The WB TET eligibility criteria for the level of lower primary classes (1st to 5th) is given in detail below:
- The individual must have completed his/her class 12th (10 + 2) education from a school that belongs to a recognised board.
- The candidate must have cleared all of his/her subjects in the class 12th final examinations.
- The individual must have secured no less than 50 percent marks in his/her higher secondary exams if he/she is from the general or open category.
- The applicant must have scored a minimum of 45 percent marks in the higher secondary exams if he/she belongs to any reserved category like SC, ST, or OBC.
Eligibility Criteria for WB TET 2021 for Upper Primary Level:
The WB TET 2021 eligibility for upper primary classes (6th to 8th) is given in detail below:
The candidate must have completed his/her graduation and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (which is by whatever name known).
The candidate must have done graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks and a year-long Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
The candidate must be a graduate with at least 45 percent marks and a year-long Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) that is in accordance with the National Council for Teacher Education (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations that are issued from time to time in this particular regard.
The candidate must have completed Senior Secondary (or any equivalent) with no less than 50 percent marks and a Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) which is of a duration of four years.
The candidate must have completed Senior Secondary (or an equivalent) with a minimum of 50 percent marks and four years long B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A/B.Sc.Ed.
The applicant must have completed graduation with no less than 50 percent marks and a year-long B.Ed. in Special Education.
The candidate must have completed his/her graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks as per the relaxation given by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Department of School Education and Literacy (see notification number S.O. 918(E) that is dated 1st April 2015, and which has been published in the Gazette of India on the 1st of April in 2015).
WB TET 2021 Examination Pattern
The WB TET 2021 will be entirely an offline exam that will be conducted in the pen and paper method. If a candidate is open to being recruited as a teacher in both the categories of lower primary as well as upper primary, then he or she will be required to give both the exams. Paper 1 and Paper 2 of WB TET will be conducted on the same day but their time slots will be different. Both the exams of WB TET will be of two hours and thirty minutes (1.5 hours) and the questions will be multiple choice type questions. There will be a total of 150 questions in both the papers of WB TET and there will be no negative marking. The pattern of WB TET Paper 1 and Paper 2 is provided below.
Pattern of WB TET 2021 Paper 1
Pattern of WB TET 2021 Paper 2
WB TET 2021 Application Form
The steps to apply for WB TET have been enumerated below. The application process of WB TET 2021 is fully online and candidates can fill the forms without any hassle. Follow the steps given below to apply for the WB TET exam.
- Go to the official website of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE)
- In the bar with the title ‘Notifications’, you will be able to find the link to the WB TET 2021 application form
- It is important for every applicant to read all the instructions that are mentioned on the website carefully before applying for WB TET
- Fill in all the personal details of yourself that are asked
- After filling in the personal information, you will have to fill in the academic details and records
- The next step is uploading copies of all the documents that are asked for
- Then the candidates will have to upload scanned copies of their passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size
- Submit the details after filling in all the categories of the form
- Make the online payment for WB TET application form via a credit/debit card or net banking
- Take a print out of the application form and keep it with yourself for future reference
Also Read:All About UTET
WB TET 2021 Application Fee
The application fee for WB TET 2021 is given below. Applicants will have to make the payment for the application form at the time of submitting it through the method of net banking or via a debit card or credit card.
WB TET Answer Key 2022
The WB TET Answer Key 2022 is released by the West Bengal Board Of Primary Education(WBBPE) as a PDF file. Candidates can download the answer key from the official website by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website- wbbpe.org
- On the home page, click on the ‘Notification of Publication of TET Answer Key...’ link
- WB TET answer key will be available on the page
- Click on the download button
- WB TET answer key will be downloaded in the pdf format
WB TET Result 2022
The WB TET Result 2022 declared by the WBBPE will be based on the final answer key. Candidates can check the WB TET result by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website - http://www.wbbpe.org or https://wbbprimaryeducation.org
- On the home page, click on the result link
- Enter the date of birth and roll number
- Check the result status
- Download the scorecard for future reference
For more details about WB TET 2021, stay connected toCollegeDekho! WB TET Exam FAQs 2022
Q1. What is the WB TET exam?
A1. WB TET is WEst Bengal Teaching Eligibility Test conducted to select the candidates for the post of teaching at various government schools of West Bengal.
Q2. Who conducts the WB TET examination?
A2. The WB TET exam is conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE).
Q3.When will the WB TET 2022 exam be held?
A3.The WB TET 2022 exam date has not been announced yet. It will be announced anytime soon
Q4. Is the WB TET 2022 notification out?
A4. No, the WB TET 2022 notification has not been released yet.
Q5. Is the WB TET exam held every year?
A5. Yes,the WB TET is an yearly examination, exam is generally conducted every year. However, the frequency of the exam is decided by the WBBPE.
Q6.What is the WB TET syllabus 2022?
A6.The WB TET syllabus 2022 includes a variety of topics from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Science, and Social Studies/Social Sciences subjects.
Q7. What is the validity period of the WB TET certificate?
A7. WB TET certificate is valid for the lifetime now. The TET certificate validity has been extended by the NCTE for lifetime now.