The Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test, TNTET, is an examination which is conducted by Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board (TRC) every year. Through this exam, teachers are recruited for the government and private schools of Tamil Nadu. TNTET is conducted in online mode for candidates who want to pursue teaching as a career. TNTET consists of two examinations Paper 1 and Paper 2 for different levels of education. Paper 1 is conducted for the recruitment of teachers for the primary classes that are from classes 1st to 5th. Paper 2 is for the selection of teachers for secondary classes, i.e. from classes 6th to 8th. The answer key for TNTET 2019 has been released.
TNTET 2019 Result
TNTET 2019 Paper 1 and Paper 2 Results have been declared. on the official website of the board. Along with the Paper-II result, the final answer keys have also been published on the website.
TNTET 2019 Answer Key
Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board has released the TN TET answer key 2019. The TNTET answer key 2019 is available on the official website. Candidates can submit their representation regarding the objections on the tentative answer keys released along with the proof latest by 15 July 2019 to 5:30 pm.
Important Dates for TNTET 2019:
The Teachers Recruitment Board of Tamil Nadu has released the important dates regarding TNTET 2019. They have also announced the other official notifications of the examination. These will help candidates be updated about the latest developments pertaining to TNTET and it will be easier for them to keep track of it. The important dates of TNTET 2019 are given below.
|Announcement of notification||
28th February 2019
|Commencement of online application submission||
15th March 2019
|Last date for submission of online application||
5th April 2019
|Written Examination Date – Paper I||
8th June 2019 (10 AM to 1 PM)
|Written Examination Date – Paper II||
9th June 2019 (10 AM to 1 PM)
TNTET Eligibility Criteria 2019:
The minimum qualification that a candidate is required to have for being eligible to write the TNTET are given below. Paper 1 and Paper 2 have different criteria for eligibility.
TNTET Eligibility Criteria for Paper 1 (classes 1-5)
The candidate must have completed Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) education with a minimum of 50% marks. He/she must have also passed or should be in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
The candidate must have completed Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) education with at least 45% marks and must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education, which is of a duration of 2 years, in accordance with the Recognition Norms
and Procedure (NCTE) Regulations, 2002.
The candidate must have completed Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) Education with at least 50% marks and he/she must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of the four-year programme of Bachelor in Elementary Education, i.e. B.El.Ed.
The candidate must have completed his/her Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) Education with a minimum of 50% marks and he/she must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of the two-year long course of Diploma in Education (Special Education).
The candidate must have completed his/her graduation and passed or be appearing in the final year of the 2-year long Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
The candidate must have completed his/her graduation with 50% marks or more and passed or be appearing in the final year of B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education).
- Those candidates who have qualified D.T.Ed., /D.Ele.Ed., from a state other than that of Tamil Nadu, will have to submit the evaluation certificate for their qualifications. Training that has to be undergone is explained below.
- According to the NCTE notification which is dated on 28th June 2018, a candidate who has received the qualification of B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) from any institution that is recognized by NCTE shall be considered for the appointment as a teacher for classes 1 to 5, provided he/she so appointed shall compulsorily undergo a Bridge Course in Elementary Education for six months. The Bridge Course has to have NCTE recognition and this course is to be completed within two years of the candidate’s appointment as a primary teacher.
- After being appointed, the candidate with the qualification of B.Ed., (Special Education) or D.Ed., (Special Education) shall undergo a six months long special programme in Elementary Education which will b recognized by NCTE.
- As mentioned in the second paragraph of NCTE notification dated 23rd August 2010, in case a candidate has a Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed., (Special Education), a course that has received recognition by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) will only be considered.
TNTET Eligibility Criteria for Paper 2 (classes 6-8)
That candidate must be a graduate and have passed or should be appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
That candidate must be a graduate with at least 50% marks and he/she must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of B.Ed. (Bachelor in Education).
That candidate must have completed his/her graduation with at least 45% marks and should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of B.Ed. (Bachelor in Education), in accordance with the Regulations of NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure).
That candidate must have completed his/her Higher Secondary (or equivalent) education with the minimum of 50% marks and must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of the 4-year long course of Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
That candidate must have completed his/her Higher Secondary (or equivalent) education with at least 50% marks and should have cleared or should be appearing in the final year of the 4-year programme of B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed.
That candidate must be a graduate with a minimum of 50% marks and must have cleared or should be appearing in the final year of B.Ed. (Special Education).
Any candidate who has qualified a B.Ed. programme which is recognized by the NCTE is permitted to appear in TET. Moreover, according to the TET guidelines which were circulated vide NCTE letter dated 11th February 2011, any individual who is pursuing any of the NCTE recognized teacher education courses, specified in the NCTE Notification dated August, 23rd 2010 is also eligible to appear in the TET.
- The candidates who do not have the prescribed qualifications will not be eligible for appearing for TNTET.
- An individual who is pursuing any of the NCTE or RCI recognized teacher education courses that are specified in the notifications of NCTE occasionally will be eligible for
- appearing in the TET.
- The candidates are expected to ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam. They will be held personally responsible if they are not qualified enough to apply as per the eligibility criteria. However, getting permitted to appear for TET does not imply the verification of the candidate’s eligibility. It does not hold any right in favor of the appointment of the candidate.
TNTET Exam Pattern 2019:
The TNTET examination will comprise 150 multiple choice questions and the duration of the exam will be of 3 hours. All the questions will be compulsory and no choice will be given. The number of questions that will be asked from each section and marks allotted to them is given below.
TNTET 2019 Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Content (All Compulsory)
Child Development and Pedagogy
Tamil/ Telugu/ Malayalam/ Kannada/ Urdu
Language II – English
- Child Development and Pedagogy will be focusing on Educational Psychology of Teaching and Learning and will have relevance for the age group of 6 to 11 years.
- Language 1 will focus on expertise in relation to the Medium of Instruction. It is compulsory for the candidate to choose any one language from those mentioned in S. No. 2 above. The candidates will be eligible for vacancies in that specific medium only during the recruitment process.
- Language 2, which is English, will be focusing on the elements of language,
- comprehension abilities and communication.
- The focus of Mathematics and Environmental Studies will be on the problem-solving abilities, concepts and the pedagogical grasp of these subjects.
- The TET paper will have questions that will be based on the topics of the syllabus that is prescribed for classes 1 - 5. However, their linkages, as well as difficulty level, will be somewhat up to the Secondary Stage.
TNTET 2019 Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Content (All Compulsory)
Child Development and Pedagogy
Tamil/ Telugu/ Malayalam/ Kannada/ Urdu
Language 2 - English (Compulsory)
a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher:
c) Any other Teacher either iv (a) or iv (b)
- Child Development and Pedagogy will be focusing on Educational Psychology of Teaching and Learning, with relevance to the age group of 11 to 14 years.
- The primary focus of Language-I will be on the proficiencies that will be related to the medium of instruction. The candidate has to mandatorily choose any one language from those mentioned in S. No. 2 above. For the recruitment process, the candidate will be considered for the vacancies in that particular medium only.
- Language II - English will be focusing on comprehension abilities, communication and the elements of language.
- The main focus of Mathematics and Science/Social Science will be on concepts. They will aim at problem-solving abilities and pedagogical comprehension of these subjects.
- The questions of test Paper-II will be based on topics of the prescribed syllabus of the State for classes 6-8 but their linkages, as well as strenuousness, will be up to the Senior Secondary (Higher Secondary) Stage.
Also Read: All Important Information about Mizoram TET
How to Apply for TNTET 2019:
- The application should be submitted online and will be available on the official website of TRB.
- If you are applying for Paper 1 and 2 both, then you will have to apply separately for each.
- Candidates must have a recent scanned color passport size photograph of themselves. The accepted formats are JPG, JPEG, and PNG and the size should be 20-60 KB. The scanned signature of the candidate in the same format is also required in the size of 10-30 KB. The photograph and signature are extremely important and without them the application will be rejected.
- A valid e-mail id and a mobile number are compulsory for registration. The email id should be active always otherwise you will miss out on important notifications.
- The candidates are expected to fill in all of their details with utmost attention and care. They will be considered final and no change will be allowed to be made. Defective or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The link for submission of the online form will be active up to 5th April 2019 till 5:00 pm. You can fill the application till then.
TNTET Application Fee 2019:
The fees details of the examination are given below.
|SC/ST/SCA/Physically Disabled||Rs. 250/-|
- Online payment is accepted through the Payment Gateway. You can pay using your Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
- No offline mode of payment like demand draft or postal order is accepted.
- The candidates appearing for Paper 1 and 2 both will have to pay separately for each of them.
TNTET Admit Card 2019:
TNTET admit card 2019 has been released. Candidates who have registered for TNTET 2019 can download their admit cards by visiting the official website. They will have to enter the issued registration number and password/date of birth to download the TNTET 2019 admit card. The last date to download the TNTET admit card 2019 is June 9 however the admit card for paper I can only be downloaded till June 8. The call letter for paper II can be downloaded till June 9.
TNTET Examination Centres 2019:
The TNTET will be conducted in all districts. The date, time and center of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidate. The number of centers can be increased or decreased by the Board. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of TRB when they are available.
TNTET 2019 Result:
The result of TNTET 2019 will be declared on the official website of TRB. You can log into your account using the username and password that will be provided to you and check your result.
TNTET Important Points:
- The candidates who secure 60% or above in the TNTET Examination, be it Paper 1 or Paper 2, will be issued with the Pass Certificate of TNTET (Paper-1/ Paper-2). However, a relaxation of 5% marks will be allowed to SC, SC(A), BC, BC(M), MBC/DNC, ST and people with disabilities.
- TET Certificate will be valid for a duration of seven years.
- Having a TET certificate does not imply that the candidate has any right to appointment. It is just one of the eligibility criteria required for the appointment.
- The candidates who qualify TET will have to appear for another competitive exam related to recruitment, according to G.O.(Ms)No.149, School Education (TRB) Department dated 20.07.2018.
For more TNTET 2019 news and updates, stay tuned to collegedekho!