Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2022 exam will be held on July 3. Students who are planning to appear for the exam, and who are in the midst of preparing for it can find some useful tips here to score well in the General English section of SET 2022.
Usually, the General English section of the SAT exam is not very difficult. With a well-thought-out preparation strategy and a good grasp of the English language, students can ace well in this section. Therefore, it is advisable that the candidates go through the SET 2022 Exam Syllabus and the exam pattern before taking the exam. Here are some helpful tips to perform well in the General English Section of the SET exam 2022.
Highlights of SET 2022 General English Section
Generally, for SET exams, the General English section is considered moderately difficult. This section is also quite scoring at the same time. There are no theorems or formulae to remember. They are general MCQ questions. With the basics of English language, grammar, and vocabulary skills, students can do well in this section. Here are some highlights that the students should be aware of before appearing for the exam:
- A total of 40 questions are asked from the General English Section.
- All questions in this section are in MCQ format.
- Each correct answer fetches one mark.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- On average, 29-32 correct answers can be considered good attempts.
Syllabus for General English: SET 2022
Take a ook at the General English Syllabus for SET 2022, learn about the important topics, and devise a preparation plan accordingly
Vocabulary and its Application
Idioms and Phrases
Fill in the blanks
Tips to Ace SET 2022: General English Section
While preparing for the General English section, students must know that it is not a very challenging section. Here are some tips for the candidates to ace this section.
- First, candidates must set their priorities straight. No matter what students should complete the syllabus first as quickly as possible. Then, practice for a minimum of an hour each day for the General English Section.
- Students should make it a habit to read. Read books, study materials (Both online/offline), newspapers, novels, or magazines. It will help build vocabulary. And while reading, make it a habit to carry a pen and paper. Immediately note down any unfamiliar or new words or phrases. Later, search for the meaning and use of the term and how to use it to improve your vocabulary skills.
- Reading books also helps students in improving their comprehension skills. Students will learn how to collect important information from the paragraph. They will acquire accuracy in comprehension skills.
- Some words have different meanings with different sets of words. Students must try to find the actual meaning of the word and approach the question accordingly. Study the words, to know about their meaning, origin, usage, and structuring of the words.
- Once the students complete the entire Syllabus of SET 2022 General English, the next steps should be to practice. Practice the Grammar sections. Grammar is like mathematics, it has accurate yes and no answers. With ample practice, students will improve their accuracy and speed to answer the grammar question.
- Meanwhile students must also make time to practice Sample Papers and Mock Tests to practice the Comprehension questions. Comprehension questions are often tricky and confusing. Students must attempt these questions carefully. And the only way to crack these questions is by reading the passage - identifying the requirement of the question - attempting the answer. So, practice Previous Years Question Papers to learn about the questioning patterns.
- Finally, the key to succeeding in the General English Section of SET 2022, is revisions. Before the exam day, candidates must revise the entire syllabus. Since there is no negative marking, students can be sure not to lose marks with wrong answers. But, they must also ensure to score marks with the correct answers. And the only way to ensure accuracy is by revising the syllabus and also revising the answers before completion of the exam.
- Additionally, students must time their SET 2022 exam properly. It is a time-based exam and candidates must finish the entire paper before the expiration of time. So, keep a check on the time during the exams.
Best Books for SET 2022: General English
Having the best books for SET 2022 preparation has its benefits. Candidates appearing for the SET 2022 exam can take a look at the list below while preparing for the General English Section:
Name of the Book
Objective General English
Word Power Made Easy
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT
Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
High School English Grammar and Composition Key
|Wren and Martin|
Further, along with these books, candidates must also inculcate the habit of reading books, magazines, newspapers, and novels to improve their command of the language. Students must also focus on the grammar and vocabulary part. Also, videos and study materials both online and offline can prove to be quite helpful to the students.
For detailed information on SET 2022 and more preparation tips, stay tuned to College Dekho! Further for any queries or doubts, write through the Q and A zone or fill out the Common Application Form (CAF).