Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts its own university-level examinations for the admission of students to its undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU UET) is held for all the bachelor courses offered at the university and the Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET) is organised for admission to all the master’s programmes that the university provides. The exam pattern for all the subjects is different from each other.
BHU LLB admissions are held every year for shortlisting applicants interested in the programmes of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) and Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (B.A. LL.B) that BHU offers. The merit list of BHU LLB is usually released around the third week of June but due to COVID-19, the exam was postponed. The BHU LLB merit list 2020 will contain details like the marks and rank obtained by the applicants and their qualifying status in the BHU LLB entrance exam 2020. It is on the basis of the merit list that students are called for the counselling process further.
The BHU LLB merit list 2020 will be released in two formats:
- An Overall Merit List
- A Category-Wise Merit List
The students who appear for the BHU UET Law 2020 will receive an email on their registered email address that will contain the merit list of BHU LLB along with their scores. They can also receive an SMS on the mobile number that they register at the time of filling the form. The call letters for participating in the counselling process will be issued only to the candidates who have featured in the merit list of BHU LLB 2020 and the remaining applicants will be out of the BHU UET admission process. Find all the information about BHU LLB Merit List 2020 in this article.
BHU LLB Merit List Important Dates 2020
The table given below provides the important dates of BHU LLB merit list 2020. Students must be aware that the admission cycle this year has been pushed ahead due to the COVID-19 outbreak that resulted in multiple extended lockdowns throughout the nation. The exams were scheduled to be held in the month of May 2020 but they have been postponed indefinitely now. The university will release the revised BHU LLB admission dates 2020 soon.
Commencement of BHU LLB Application Process
|January 30, 2020|
Last Date to Submit BHU LLB Applications
|March 12, 2020|
Release of Admit Cards
|August 23, 2020|
BHU LLB 2020 Exam Date
August 27, 2020
Release of BHU LLB Answer key
September 8, 2002
Declaration of BHU LLB Result
September 30, 2020
|Publication of BHU LLB Merit List|
October 5, 2020
Start of counselling
For BA LLB: November 9 to 12, 2020
For LLB: On various days between October 21, 2020 and November 9, 2020
How to Check the BHU LLB Merit List 2020?
The merit list of BHU LLB 2020 will be released in the online mode. The details will also be updated here as soon as the merit list is published. Candidates can find the steps to check their BHU LLB merit list 2020 listed below. These points will help all the applicants who have queries regarding how to check the BHU LLB merit list.
- The candidates will have to visit the official website of the Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
- They will be required to log in the student portal by using their unique credentials.
- Once they log in to their student portal, they will find a new link for BHU LLB merit list 2020.
- The link will be redirected to another page and candidates will be able to view their BHU LLB scores and merit list.
- The students will also be provided with their individual marks in the merit list of BHU LLB 2020.
- In the list, the candidate will be given his/ her All India Rank (AIR) and qualifying status along with the category wise rank.
- Students will also be sent the merit list on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers. Therefore, it is advised to all applicants to provide their email address and mobile number correctly while filling the form. These contacts should be active at all times so that no notification is missed by the candidate.
What is Included in the BHU LLB Merit List 2020?
The candidates who are appearing for the entrance exam for the first time are often curious about the information that will be included in the BHU LLB merit list. The list given below provides all the factors that are mentioned in the merit list of BHU LLB.
- The personal details of the candidate
- The applicant's name
- Category of the candidate (General/ SC/ ST/ OBC, etc.)
- Date of Birth
- Roll Number of BHU UET
- Application Number of BHU UET
- Marks Obtained in BHU LLB 2020
- Category wise Ranking
- Overall Ranking
- Qualifying Status
A common query that students have after giving the BHU LLB Law Entrance Exam is what happens if two candidates happen to get an equal score in the exam. In such cases, the evaluation is done considering certain factors of the candidate. The Banaras Hindu University follows a sequence to resolve these kinds of issues.
- In the first step, preference is given to the candidate who has scored a higher percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. BHU gives the higher rank to the applicant with more marks in class 12th or its equivalent.
- In case the tie persists even after following the first step and bringing the aggregate percentage of the qualifying examination into consideration, preference is given to the candidate who is senior in age than the other one.
After the BHU LLB 2020 merit list is released, the Banaras Hindu University will begin its counselling process. Call letters will be sent via email to all the candidates who are shortlisted for the round of counselling. The call letters will contain the date, time, and venue of the BHU LLB counselling process. The candidates will also find a list of instructions that they will have to follow while attending the counselling. BHU will issue call letters to total candidates that are 2 - 4 times more the available seats, the current intake being 230 seats.
In the BHU LLB counselling process, the candidates will be called as per their rankings and their admission will be finalised provided they complete all formalities. The students will be asked to produce all of their original documents that are related to their educational qualifications and other certificates during the time of counselling. The seat allotment will be based strictly on the merit of the candidates along with the available number of seats. The conducting body will organise computerised counselling which will include a total of 3 steps. Post that, the candidates will have to submit their admission fee within the given deadline.
BHU LLB Cutoff 2020
Banaras Hindu University will publish the BHU LLB 2020 cutoff list at the time of the counselling process. Consulting the cutoff marks for BHU LLB 2020, the applicants can see what are their chances of getting a seat. The BHU LLB cutoff scores of 2019 have been given here for the candidates to refer to. This will give them a fair idea of the BHU LLB cutoff marks.
|OBC (Other Backward Classes)||195|
EWS (Economically Weaker Section)
ST (Scheduled Tribe)
SC (Scheduled Caste)
Law is one of the most sought after streams at the Banaras Hindu University and a huge number of students apply to get a seat in the law programmes offered at BHU. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to get more updates regarding law admissions in BHU. The candidates who have any doubts or queries can write to us on the CollegeDekho QnA portal and get answers for their questions from our experts.