- DU LLM Important Dates 2020
- DU LLM Results, Selection Process & Merit List 202..
- DU LLM Eligibility Criteria 2020
- DU LLM Application Process 2020
- Documents Required for DU LLM Application Form 202..
- DU LLM Examination Pattern 2020
- DU LLM Entrance Test Syllabus 2020
- DU LLM Entrance Exam Admit Card 2020
- List of DU Colleges Offering LLM
- List of Other LLM Colleges in India
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The University of Delhi (DU) conducts admissions into its LLM (Master in Law) course through an entrance examination which is taken every year. The unit which is responsible for conducting the DU LLM entrance test is the National Testing Agency (NTA). LLM is the postgraduate degree of Masters in Law and every year hundreds of students take the DU entrance exam for LLM to get admission to a college of the prestigious university to pursue a career as a lawyer. The DU entrance test for LLM 2020 was conducted in the online mode because of the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in the nation. The result of the same has also been announced on the official website of NTA.
The updates of the DU LLM entrance test 2020 are notified in the section of PG Admissions on the official website of the Delhi University. Candidates who are interested in appearing for the LLM entrance exam for DU can find all the details related to the exam here. The important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, and exam pattern of DU LLM 2020 are provided in this article. DU has some of the best law colleges in Delhi.
DU LLM Important Dates 2020
It is essential for candidates interested in appearing for the DU LL.M. entrance exam 2020 to be aware of all the important dates related to the exam. This will prevent them from skipping a deadline or missing an important event. The important dates of the DU LLM entrance exam 2020 are given below. The candidates who wish to appear for the exam must go through the DU LLM entrance exam 2020 important dates so as to be able to complete all formalities in the given timeline.
Declaration of official notification
28th May 2020
Commencement of application process
20th June 2020
Last date for submission of application forms
31st July 2020
Release of admit card
29th August 2020
DU LLM Entrance Exam 2020
6th September 2020
Announcement of Results
28th October 2020
First Merit List Admission
December 1, 2020
Document Verification and Approval of Admission
|December 1 to 3, 2020|
Last Day of Payment
December 6, 2020
Second Merit List Admission
December 8, 2020
|Document Verification and Approval of Admission|
December 8 to 10, 2020
Last Day of Payment
December 13, 2020
Third Merit List Admission
December 15, 2020
Document Verification and Approval of Admission
|December 15 to 17, 2020|
Last Day of Payment
|December 20, 2020|
DU LLM Results, Selection Process & Merit List 2020
The results of the DU LLM entrance examination 2020 will be declared online on the website of Delhi University. Students will get their scorecards on their admission portals that they have created on DU's website. Candidates who score well will have a good chance of getting admission in the course at the cut off of Delhi University is usually quite high. Admission in the DU LLM course will be done as per the merit lists that will be released by the university. If a candidate qualifies and his/ her name is there in a merit list, he/ she will be given a few days' time to complete the document verification process and finalise his/ her admission by going to the university. A candidate's admission will be final after the documents produced by him/ her are verified and he/ she submits the admission fee.
DU LLM Eligibility Criteria 2020
It is of utmost importance for candidates to go through the eligibility criteria of the DU LLM entrance exam 2020 before applying for the examination. Applicants who fail at fulfilling the eligibility criteria of DU LLM 2020 will not be permitted to sit for the exam. Their application form will be cancelled and no refund of the application fee will be provided to them. Hence, it is essential that every candidate who wishes to take the DU LLM entrance exam must check the DU LLM 2020 eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must have a three year or a five-year bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) from any university or college which is recognized by Delhi University.
- The aggregate marks of the applicant in the qualifying LLB exams must not be less than 50% (or an equivalent point) if he/ she is from the general category and 45% (or an equivalent point) if he/ she is from a reserved category like ST, SC, PwD, or OBC.
- The applicant must have studied Hindi/ English, Mathematics, Science, and Social Science in his/ her class 10th or equivalent level.
- No age limit has been set for candidates who wish to pursue law programmes as per the orders that are given by the Supreme Court.
DU LLM Application Process 2020
The application process of the DU LLM entrance test is done only in the online mode. Steps to fill the application form for the DU LLM entrance exam 2020 are given below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Delhi University to fill in the form through the Common Application Process that is introduced by DU.
- The first step is to create a portal by registering yourself for which you will have to enter a valid email ID, a mobile number that is active at all times and some other details.
- They will have to create a password of six characters which will not let anyone else access your portal.
- After the registration is complete, you will get a confirmation link via the email ID that you have provided.
- You can then proceed to fill in your personal and academic details in the form by the credentials generated.
- Scanned copies of some documents also have to be attached while filling the DU L.L.M. application form.
- After uploading the required documents, you will have to click on the button that says ‘Submit My Profile’.
- Then you will be taken to a page where you will have to click on the ‘Apply in New Course’ button and enter the course details
- Candidates have to enter important details about their education, courses, programmes, etc.
- Upon entering all the details, you will have to click on the button of ‘Save Application’
- Make the payment of the application fees for the DU L.L.M. 2020 form by clicking on the ‘Pay Fee’ button
- The application fee of the DU LLM application form 2020 is Rs. 500 for general and OBC candidates and Rs. 250 for the reserved candidates
Documents Required for DU LLM Application Form 2020
The list of documents that are required to be attached while filling the application form of the DU LLM entrance test 2020 is provided below.
- Self-attested copy of the certificate of class 10th
- Self-attested copy of the certificate of class 12th
- Self-attested copy of the mark sheet of graduation
- Self-attested copy of an Identity Proof of the candidate
- Passport-sized photograph of the candidate
- The candidate's scanned signature
- Self-attested copy of the Caste or Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
DU LLM Examination Pattern 2020
The examination pattern of the DU LL.M. entrance exam 2020 is given here. It is important to know the details of the exam so that the candidates are comfortable while appearing for it and their time is not wasted on trying to figure things out.
Duration of DU LLM 2020
2 hours (120 minutes)
Mode of the examination
The medium of the examination
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQs)
Total Marks of the exam
Number of questions in the exam
Marking Scheme of DU LLM entrance test
Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer
One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
Zero marks will be given for questions unattempted
DU LLM Entrance Test Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of the DU LLM entrance test will comprise all the topics that have been covered in the undergraduate degree. Some of the main topics that will be asked in the LLM entrance test of DU 2020 are given below.
- Constitutional Law of India
- Law of Contracts
- Sale of Goods
- Consumer Protection
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- Public International Law
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Environment Law
- Cyber Law
- Contemporary Legal Issues
DU LLM Entrance Exam Admit Card 2020
The admit card for the entrance exam of the postgraduate course of law at Delhi University, DU LLM entrance exam 2020, will be issued through the application portal of the candidate. If the applicant qualifies all eligibility criteria of the DU LLM entrance test 2020, he/ she will receive a soft copy (file in the PDF format) on his/ her portal created on the website of the University of Delhi. The admit card will be released on the date specified by the university. Applicants will have to download their admit cards and take a print out of them before they appear for the exam at the centre allotted to them. The examination centre allotted to each candidate will also be mentioned on the admit card itself. Candidates must ensure that they have a copy of their admit card before they reach the centre because they will not be allowed to enter without the admit cards. Failure in producing the admit card at the centre will result in the cancellation of the candidate's application form and he/ she will not be permitted to sit for the exam.
List of DU Colleges Offering LLM
Three colleges of the University of Delhi offer the course of LLM (Master in Law) to aspiring law students.
- Campus Law Centre (CLC) - North Campus
- Law Centre – 1 (LC-1) - North Campus
- Law Centre – 2 (LC-2) - Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam College
List of Other LLM Colleges in India
Here are some of the most popular LLM colleges in India. You can either click on the links mentioned below to directly apply for admission or you can also fill-up the Common Application Form. To get any admission related assistance, feel free to reach out to our admission experts by dialling 1800-572-9877 (toll-free).
|NIMS University||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Amity University||Manesar, Gurgaon, Haryana|
|OM Sterling Global University (OSGU)||Hisar, Haryana|
|IEC University||Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|Shoolini University (SU)||Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) - [MMDU]||Mullana, Ambala, Haryana|
|Dr K.N. Modi University - (DKNMU)||Newai, Tonk, Rajasthan|
|Apex University||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Maharishi University of Information Technology (MUIT)||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|