Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a three-year or six semester professional Master's Degree in computer science available in India. The MCA programme is inclined more toward Application Development and thus has more emphasis on the latest programming language and tools to develop better and faster applications.
The MCA program focuses on providing a sound theoretical background as well as good practical exposure to students in the relevant areas. It is intended to provide modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science. It aims at producing trained professionals who can successfully meet the demands of the information technology industry.
As the IT and the software industry are dynamic and fast-growing, all the programmes are designed keeping in view the requirements of industry. The programmes aim at the understanding of the fundamentals of computing among the students so that they can compete in the present-day global situation.
MCA covers various aspects of
- Computational Theory
- Algorithm Design and Optimisation
- Network and Database Management
- Mobile Technologies
- Systems Designing
- Application Software Development
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Computer Networks
- System Administration
- Web Designing and Development
- Database Administration
- Parallel and Vector Processing
- Data Mining
Entrance Exams for MCA
The table given below has the list of some of the popular MCA entrance exams in India:
|S.No||Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Result Date|
|All India MCA Common Entrance Test- AIMCET||IIT – Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee for Ministry of Human resource development, the government of India||June 2020||July 2020|
Banaras Hindu University MCA- BHU MCA
|Banaras Hindu University||June 2020||July 2020|
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA- JECA MCA
|West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board||July 2020||August 2020|
Jawaharlal Nehru University MCA- JNU MCA
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||May 2020||June 2020|
|5.||Directorate of Technical Education of Maharashtra||March 2020||March 2020|
National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test- NIMCET
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)||May 2020||June 2020|
Rajasthan Master of Computer Applications Admission Test- RMCAAT
|Rajasthan Technical University (RTU)||May 2020||May 2020|
|8.||Department of Computer Science of Lucknow University||June 2020|
Also Read: JNTU Anantapur MBA and MCA Admissions 2019
Career Opportunities after MCA
If you are interested in knowing about the career opportunities that you can explore after pursuing MCA, you will find all the information regarding that below:
- Software Developer/Programmer/Engineer: Software Developers are responsible for designing, installing, testing and maintaining the software systems. They provide IT services by analyzing the client needs and designing the system to meet those requirements. It is a very creative field that goes beyond the usual job of coding. Average salary: Rs 368,064 per year.
- Troubleshooter: Troubleshooters are the lifeline of any organization. They make sure that the technology (hardware and software) is easily accessible to all those who require them. Average salary: Rs 498,000 per year.
- System Analyst: A system analyst is responsible to design innovative IT solutions to drive businesses and increase efficiency. Their role is to study the current business situation, business processes and models, and design better IT solutions in terms of software for their clients. Average salary: Rs 635,494 per year
- Software Application Architect: The role of a Software Architect is to make high-level decisions in Architecture and design of IT products or services. He/she develops technical guidelines and protocols such as software coding standards, tools and platforms. Average salary: Rs 932,823 per year
- Software Consultant: Consultancy is a very popular career option today. A software consultant is responsible for evaluating a business, its processes and provides software solutions and other feedback to drive the business efficiency. His objective is to provide cost-effective solutions to enhance sales and business growth. Average salary: Rs698,162 per year.
- Hardware Engineer: Hardware engineers love working with computer hardware such as hard disk, wires, circuit boards, computer chips, printers, keyboards, routers, and so on. They make sure that the internet works smoothly. They are also engaged in the production and testing of hardware equipment. Average salary: Rs 172,760 per year.
- Technical Writer: Technical writing is a good blend of technology and your creative writing skills. If you have a passion for latest technologies, gadgets and at the same time you love writing, then technical writing is a great career option for you. A technical writer needs to write technical documents such as product description, User Guides/Manuals, Design specifications, White Papers, Project Plan and so on. Average salary: Rs402,808 per year.
- Systems Developer/Engineer: Systems developers are involved in writing codes and designing programs for operating systems and other software. They work towards increasing efficiency and suggest further growth and developments. They can specialize in hardware or in software depending upon their interests. Average salary: Rs 495,528 per year.
- Web Designer and Developer: A Web Designer/Developer is responsible for designing and developing websites. He/she should have a very creative blend of mind, colour sense, and font style. They should also be well-versed in software to develop and maintain website such as HTML, Dreamweaver, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and so on. Average salary: Rs 245,704 per year.
- Starting a new Venture: After completing MCA, one can also start his/her own venture after getting some experience in the field of interest. For instance, you can start a computer education firm or an IT solution company or a hardware related start-up.