- PU BA LLB 2020: Exam Highlights
- PU BA LLB 2020 Preliminary Merit List
- PU BA LLB Merit List 2020 - Minimum cutoff marks
- PU BA LLB Final Merit List 2020
- PU BA LLB merit list 2020 - Preparation of Final …
- How to Check PU BA LLB Merit List 2020?
- Details Mentioned in PU BA LLB Merit List 2020
- Resolution of Tie in PU BA LLB Merit List 2020
- PU BA LLB Counselling Process 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Punjab University (PU) releases the merit list of PU BA LLB 2020 each year after the completion of the entrance exam. Due to the spread of coronavirus pandemic in the nation, the PU BA LLB exam for the year 2020 has been suspended by the university until further notice. The students will be offered admission based on the marks acquired in the class 12th result. The release date of PU BA LLB merit list is yet to be announced as it has been pushed ahead keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind.
The provisional merit list of BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law) at Panjab University is based on the performance of the candidate in the PU BA LLB entrance test and the minimum cut-offs that are set by the university. All the applicants who fail to score marks within the minimum cut-off that is prescribed by the varsity are not be considered under the preliminary merit list of PU BA LLB for the 2020 admission cycle. The final merit list of PU BA LLB is released a few days later after the university authorities consider the performance of the applicant in PU BA LLB and the marks obtained by him/ her in the qualifying examinations (class 12th). It will be mandatory for the candidates who have their names published in the final PU BA LLB merit list to attend the counselling process of PU BA LLB on the day and time prescribed.
All law aspirants seeking admission to the integrated law course at Panjab University must be aware that the seat allocation and admission will also be based on the merit-cum preference formula. According to this rule, the candidate who has received a higher rank or more marks as per the merit list will be given preference over any other applicant who has secured a relatively lower rank or fewer marks in the PU BA LLB 2020 merit list.
The PU BA LLB entrance test is held annually for conducting admissions to the law institutions of Punjab University. The entrance exam of PU BA LLB 2020 will be followed by the declaration of result and release of PU BA LLB 2020 merit list. This article contains all the information regarding the merit list of Punjab University BA LLB 2020.
PU BA LLB 2020: Exam Highlights
Candidate can refer to the table given below to get an understanding of the PU BA LLB entrance exam 2020
PU BA LLB Entrance Exam
Type of the Exam
University Level Exam
Level of the Exam
Total Seats Available
PU BA LLB 2020 Exam Date
Third Week of June 2020 (Tentatively)
Mode of the Exam
Type of Questions
|Objective Questions (MCQs)|
Release of PU BA LLB 2020 Merit List
To be Announced
PU BA LLB 2020 Preliminary Merit List
A preliminary merit list is published by the admission authorities of Punjab University right after the results of the PU BA LLB entrance exam are declared. The preliminary merit list of PU BA LLB is prepared while keeping into consideration the minimum cut-offs that are prescribed by the university. The names of all candidates who appeared for the PU BA LLB entrance exam 2020 and scored more than the minimum cut off scores will be mentioned in the preliminary merit list of PU. Punjab University will set the minimum cut off marks that will be required to be met by all applicants for admissions to the law institutions of PU.
PU BA LLB Merit List 2020 - Minimum cutoff marks
The table given below mentions the minimum cut off marks that every candidate is required to have in order to seek admission to the law colleges of Punjab University. The cut off scores for each category have been provided.
Minimum Cut off Marks
Minimum Cut off Percentage
General or Unreserved
20 per cent
ST/ SC/ Backward Class
PU BA LLB Final Merit List 2020
After publishing the preliminary merit list, Punjab University will publish a final merit list of PU BA LLB entrance test on its official website. The final merit list of PU BA LLB 2020 will be released separately for all the categories. According to the information bulletin of PU BA LLB, Punjab University will consider the candidate’s performance in the entrance test along with his/ her marks obtained in the qualifying exam (class 12th) for preparing the final merit list. Any other weightage, if applicable, will also be given due consideration.
PU BA LLB merit list 2020 - Preparation of Final Merit List
The preparation of PU BA LLB final merit list has been explained in the table below.
Subjects of the Qualifying Exam to be Considered
Weightage Based Merit Calculation
B.Com. LL.B. (Honours)
PSEB (Commerce) - Best 6 Subjects
How to Check PU BA LLB Merit List 2020?
Candidates who appear for the PU BA LLB entrance exam 2020 can check the merit list which is released by the conducting body in online mode. Therefore, all applicants will have to visit the official website of Punjab University to view and download the PU BA LLB merit list. The steps to check the PU BA LLB merit list 2020 have been listed below.
- The candidates will be required to visit the official website of the university.
- They will find the direct link of the merit list on the home page of the website.
- Upon clicking on that link, students will be redirected to another page. This will be a PDF file of the merit list.
- Candidates can check their names in the PDF file. It will also contain their roll numbers, merit scores, entrance test scores, etc.
- After viewing the merit list, students can download the file and keep it for future use.
- As the final merit list of PU BA LLB is prepared after considering several factors and is calculated accordingly, the applicants will also be able to check their respective detailed calculation of merit score by logging into their portal on the website using their unique login ID and password.
Details Mentioned in PU BA LLB Merit List 2020
Many details are mentioned on the merit list of PU BA LLB. The students who have appeared for the exam will be able to know their qualifying status through the PU BA LLB 2020 merit list which will also make it clear for them if they are eligible for the counselling process or not. The list of details that will be displayed in the final merit list of PU BA LLB 2020 has been given below.
- The Candidate's Name
- The Candidate's Roll Number
- The Rank of the Candidate
- The Category of the Candidate
- The Merit Score of the Candidate (Calculated Score)
- The Test Score of the Student
- The Marks of the Student in 10 + 2
Resolution of Tie in PU BA LLB Merit List 2020
It happens quite often that more than one student gets the same marks in the entrance exam or in the overall calculated score. The Punjab University has a certain set of factors that it considers in such situations for breaking the tie between two candidates. If two or more applicants secure equal marks in the final merit list of PU BA LLB, the university follows the guidelines given below as tie-breaker conditions.
- In case two or more candidates score equal marks, then the university will give preference to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in class 12th and he/ she will be ranked higher than the other(s).
- If it happens that the marks scored by candidates in class 12th are also the same, the authorities then consider their scores in class 10th board exams for breaking the tie. The one who has higher marks in class 10th is given preference over others.
- Even after the two conditions mentioned above the tie remains unresolved, the authorities consider age as a deciding factor. The student who is senior in the age than others of the same score will be placed at a higher rank in such cases.
Also Read:How to Apply for PU BA LLB 2020
PU BA LLB Counselling Process 2020
All the candidates whose names are mentioned in the final merit list of PU BA LLB 2020 will be required to attend the counselling process and seat allotment process in order to complete their admission process. The counselling process of PU BA LLB will be conducted offline and the applicants will have to be present to get their documents verified. Once that is done, the shortlisted candidates will have to proceed with their admission process and will be asked to secure a seat for themselves by completing all the formalities.
CollegeDekho provides candidates with all the latest information regarding the education sector. Candidates must stay tuned in order to get all the updates and news. They can reach out to us on the QnA section of CollegeDekho if they have any queries.