Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CGL Examination every year to recruit candidates for Group B and Group C posts that work under various government ministers. The application process for theSSC CGL 2022exam has commenced on December 23, 2021, and is to end by January 23, 2022. The application form filling process is carried solely through online means, and given this, students tend to worry about disqualification when they have submitted an incorrect piece of information albeit mistakenly.
To avoid such discrepancies, SSC allows the applicants to correct their application form once the overall submission for the same ends. This article discusses the time period allotted for SSC CGL 2022 Application Form Correction, its process and the details the candidates would be able to edit.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of SSC CGL?
SSC CGL 2022 Application Form: Highlights
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL)
Exam Conducting Authority
Staff Selection Commission
Mode of Application
Rs. 100 (except women, ex-servicemen, SC/ST categories, and PwD candidates)
Mode of Fees Payment
Online as well as offline
Methods of Fees Payment
For Online Mode: Net Banking, BHIM UPI, or credit and debit cards of Visa, RuPay, Maestro, and
For Offline Mode: SBI Challan
Dates for submission of online applications
23 December 2021 to 23 January 2022
Last date for receipt of online applications
23 January 2022 @ 11.30 p.m.
Last date for making an online fee payment
25 January 2022 @ 11.30 p.m.
Last date for generating offline Challan
26 January 2022 @ 11.30 p.m.
Last date for payment through Challan (during bank’s working hours)
27 January 2022
Dates of Window for Application Form Correction (including online payment)
28 January 2022 to 1 February 2022 @11.30 p.m.
Date of Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I)
April 2022 (tentative)
Date of Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I) Date
To be Announced
Date of Descriptive Paper (Tier-III)
To be Announced
SSC Official Website
You may also find helpful: SSC CGL Selection Process.
Important Instructions Regarding SSC CGL 2022 Application Form Correction
Here are some of the important instructions notified by SSC regarding form correction of CGL exam -
- There will be a 5-day period after the deadline for online applications for candidates to make requisite corrections to the one-time registration/online application data as required. Candidates will be able to resubmit their application after making the required corrections/modifications in the one-time registration/online application data.
- During the ‘Window for Application Form Correction’, candidates will be allowed to correct and re-submit their modified applications twice. For example, if they somehow make a mistake in their updated application, they will be allowed to edit, correct, and re-submit the earlier modified application. However, it must be noted that no further updates to the form will be permitted.
- The Staff Selection Commission will permit applicants to make corrections to their application only if they have submitted their online application along with the required fee within the specified time frame.
- Applicants will be assessed based on their latest modified application, and the previous applications submitted by such candidates will be discarded as erroneous.
- For the first revision and re-submittal of an amended/corrected application, the Staff Selection Commission will charge a uniform correction charge of Rs. 200/-, and for a second revision and resubmission of a modified/corrected application, it will be charged at Rs. 500/-.
All candidates, regardless of gender or category, will be charged the correction charges.
- You can only pay the correction charges online by using Net Banking, BHIM UPI, or credit and debit cards of Visa, RuPay, Maestro, and Mastercard.
- Corrective charges, once paid, cannot be refunded under any circumstances, nor can they be applied to any other exam or selection.
- Candidate must verify that all fields on the corrected application are filled out correctly before submitting it. There will be no change/ correction/ modification allowed after the ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ has closed. The Staff Selection Commission will not consider requests received in any form, be it by post, by fax, by email, or by hand, etc. The Staff Selection Commission withholds all the rights to reject any such requests/demands.
It is of utmost importance to note that:
- A candidate for the Examination can submit only one online application during the normal period for online application submission, which does not include the application form correction period.
- Due diligence is therefore required of the candidates during the filling out of their online application forms.
- The Staff Selection Commission will reject all applications from a candidate with a different registration number if it detects more than one application.
- If this occurs, his candidature for the exam will be declared null and void. Multiple applications and appearing more than once in the examination (at any stage) will result in the cancellation of the candidate's candidature, and the candidate will be barred from future examinations of the Staff Selection Commission.
For more information regarding SSC CGL Exam 2022, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!