- Articles byStream
10 Things You Should Know About SNAP 2015
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune for admission to various Post Graduate Programmes for the academic year 2016 – 18. The SNAP Test will be on 20th December 2015.
1. There were 3 sections, with 40 questions of 1 mark each (QA & DI, General English and General Awareness). Logical Reasoning had 30 Questions of 2 marks each. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation- This section had questions on Probability, pie charts, time and distance, percentages clocks, trigonometry, number theory, Profit Loss, Logarithm, Averages etc. General English- Mostly questions were of type: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Correct Incorrect Sentences. General Awareness Questions on Current affairs, literature, sports, science etc. Logical Reasoning Questions on Syllogisms, Venn diagrams, Relationships, Complex arrangements, Analogies, critical reasoning etc.
2. As regards eligibility criteria is concerned the candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline from a statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) for all the Master of Business Administration Program. Candidates who have completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
3. There are different courses offered by different Symbiosis Institutes across India and the most common courses are - Master of Business Administration (MBA), M. Sc. (CA): Master of Science (Computer Applications), Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Communication Management, Master of Mass Communication (MMC), Masters of Business Administration – International Business [MBA-(IB) etc.
4. The 30 cities where SNAP exam 2015 will be held are- Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Faridabad, Gurgaon,Guwahati Hyderabad,Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Kolhapur ,Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, New Delhi, Noida, Patna, Pune, Surat, Vashi, Visakhapatnam.
5. Candidates should also note that snap test is not applicable for -Symbiosis Law School (SLS-Pune) LL.M., Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) M.Sc. (Medical Technology), Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON) M.Sc. (Nursing), Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences (SSBS) M.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences), M.Sc. (Biotechnology) M.Sc. (Nutrition & Dietetics), Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication- Pune (SIMC- Pune)MA(MC), Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE) M.Sc. (Economics), Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) M.Sc. (Physics), M.Tech. (CAD & CAM) M.Tech. (E&TC), M.Tech. (Computer Science), M.Tech. (Geoinformatics & Surveying), Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics (SIG) M.Sc. (Geo-informatics)
6. The university follows the UGC Reservation Guidelines for the admission process through the SNAP Test. The reservations offered by the University are- Scheduled Castes (SC): 15%, Scheduled Tribes (ST): 14%, Differently Abled: 3%, Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per program, International Candidates: 15%
7. Books to study for SNAP Preparation- For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation-Revise the Class 9-10 NCERT school Math books. For Verbal Ability-Read good books and newspapers. Read a national daily and pay close attention to its editorial pages. Learn a minimum of 20-30 words daily, along with their multifarious usages. Consulting a dictionary like The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary / Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is a good idea.For Logical Reasoning-Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. R S Aggarwal's book on Reasoning is good. For General Awareness-Current affairs, business and economy, prizes, science, sports and other miscellaneous events need attention.
8. For additional study read –A. Bulls Eye SNAP GK Material B. Manorama Yearbook, for major current events C. Economy/ Business Pages of The Hindu / The Times of India / The Hindustan Times D. General Knowledge Digest-Mani Ram Aggarwal (for static GK) etc.
9. SNAP Test duration is of 120 minutes. Date: 20th December 2015; Time: 14.00 hrs. - 16.00 hrs. SNAP Test is an objective test. Each question has 4 responses.
10. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks. Candidate must use Blue or Black ball point pen only
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has offered scholarships to thirty graduating students of Indian ...