Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Bangalore University is considered one of the best universities in the country with over 650 affiliated colleges to it. The entire city of Bangalore has a large number of colleges that offer a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The colleges affiliated to Bangalore University are well known to impart and inculcate necessary skills in students through its quality teaching methods coupled with an outstanding curriculum structure for each course.
Every year, Bangalore University admission process for UG courses begins in May. The PG course admission process is conducted in the month of July while Ph.D. admissions at Bangalore University go on until the month of September.
Popular Colleges Affiliated to Bangalore University:
Name of the College
Popular UG Courses
Popular PG Courses
Bangalore University UG Admission Process:
- For most of the UG courses, Bangalore University facilitates direct admission process.
- The candidates are offered seats either on a first-come-first-serve basis depending on merit and availability, or based purely on the performance in the qualifying examination.
- However, the admissions for Law, B.E/ B.Tech and B.Arch courses will be based on the entrance exam, i.e., KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test).
- For B.Tech/B.E, Law and B.Arch courses, counselling will be conducted. The seat allocation will be based on merit, i.e., rank/ marks obtained in the entrance exam.
- Candidates will have to submit an application form for the college and course of their interest.
- After the seat allocation, the candidates will have to pay the fee to confirm the admission.
- Candidates will have to submit their original certificates to the varsity for verification purpose.
Bangalore University PG Admission Process:
- For PG courses, interested candidates will have to appear for PGCET - Post Graduate Common Entrance Test - exam.
- After the announcement of PGCET results, candidates will have to take part in the PGCET counselling process and opt for colleges of their choice.
- Seat allocation will be made based on merit, candidate’s preference and availability of seats.
Since most of you are preparing hard to tackle the board exams this season and are exploring career options and colleges that interest you, we hope that the above information on the list of colleges affiliated to Bangalore University is helpful to you. You can post your queries on CollegeDekho's Q&A section and we will be able to help you better. Good luck!