CUET exam day guidelines 2024: TheCommon University Entrance Test (CUET) 2024 will be conducted on May 15 to May 31, 2024. CUET 2024 application is released on February 27, 2024. The CUET registration last date is March 26, 2024. CUET 2024 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency in Three Shifts. The Common University Entrance Test will be held in CBT (Computer Based Test) mode for granting UG admissions to the aspirants. Candidates willing to appear for the entrance test are required to be aware of the CUET exam day guidelines. This would help them in avoiding any last-minute disappointment on the day of the exam.
This article provides all the valid information about the CUET exam day guidelines 2024 & guidelines including the important instructions, exam timings, things to carry, things to not carry, and other such relevant information. Read on to explore more about it.
Check Also: CUET UG Registration 2024
CUET 2024 Exam Day Instructions & Timings
The exam date of CUET are released. The test will be conducted in the morning and afternoon shifts. The table given below captures the exam day timings and dates for CUET 2024:
Exam Dates (Out)
|May 15 to May 31, 2024
First Shift: To be Notified
|Second Shift: To be Notified
Third Shift: To be Notified
Also Read:CUET Exam Centres
CUET Exam Day Guidelines 2024 & InstructionsGeneral CUET 2024 exam day guidelines & instructions are mentioned below for the convenience of the candidates:
- Candidate must be careful to reach the exam center beforehand as stated in the Reporting/Entry time at the Centre, in the Admit Card.
- Candidates would not be permitted to enter the exam hall after the closing time as per the CUET exam day guidelines 2024.
- If the candidates are able to complete their paper before the stated time then they should still wait for instructions from the invigilator before moving out.
- Candidates should verify the location of the exam center at least a day prior to the exam so that they do not face any problem on the exam day.
- Candidates should arrive at the location of the exam early so that their entry is not delayed due to mandatory checking and frisking during the exam time.
CUET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines
Check out some of the important CUET exam day guidelines 2024 highlighted below:
Before the Exam:
Here are some of the important CUET exam day guidelines 2024 & instructions before the exam:
- Aspirants should not overeat or undereat in stress before the exam day.
- Candidates should also not compromise on their sleeping hours and should take a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep on the night before the exam. This will help calm their minds.
- Before leaving the home for the exam, candidates should go through all the relevant documents that are required on the day of the exam. They should make sure to carry the most important documents like admit cards and valid ID proof or else they will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Aspirants must paste the recently clicked passport-sized photograph on the CUET admit card before leaving for the exam.
- Candidates should reach the exam centre at least 1-2 hours before the reporting time to avoid any last-minute rush. It must be noted that the applicants will not be allowed to enter the exam venue 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- Aspirants should dress appropriately keeping the comfort and the exam in mind given the heated weather conditions.
During the Exam:
Provided below are a few of the important CUET exam day guidelines 2024 that aspirants must follow during the exam:
- Aspirants should find and take their seats immediately after the opening of the exam doors.
- Applicants should ensure that the Question Papers displayed on their computer screens are as per their opted subject indicated in the Admit Card. If the Question Paper is different, they should immediately bring it to the attention of the concerned invigilator.
- In case of any first aid emergency, technical assistance or any other information during the course of the entrance test, aspirants are free to approach the Centre Superintendent or Invigilator present in the room.
- Candidates should not adopt unfair means during the exam. It may lead to direct disqualification from the test.
- All writing work and calculations need to be done only in the rough sheets provided at the exam centre. On completion of the exam, aspirants must hand over their respective rough sheets to the Invigilator present on duty in the room.
After the Exam:
Given below are a few of the important CUET exam day guidelines 2024 that aspirants have to follow after the exam ends:
- Aspirants are not allowed to leave the room until the exam time is over.
- Candidates are required to leave the exam room in an orderly manner.
- It is crucial that aspirants follow social distancing before, during and after the exam.
- PwBD candidates will be provided with a compensatory time of 15 minutes for the 45 minutes long examination and 20 minutes for a one-hour long examination.
- NTA will not conduct a re-test for aspirants who were unable to attend the entrance test.
Things to carry to the CUET 2024 Exam Centre
Below is mentioned a list of things and documents that candidates would be allowed to carry on the day of the CUET 2024 exam that is important for CUET exam day instructions and guidelines. Candidates are advised to go through the list thoroughly and prepare themselves accordingly:
- Candidates should carry printed copies (preferably two) of Admit Card along with a duly filled-in Self Declaration (Undertaking) form available on the NTA Website.
- Candidates should possess any one of the authorized, valid, original and non-expired photo IDs such as the School Identity Card, PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card with photograph, E-Aadhaar with photograph, Ration Card with photograph, Class XII.
- Candidates should note that only recently clicked passport-size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online CUET Application Form) would be permitted.
- Candidates would be required to paste the photograph in the attendance sheet at the time of the exam in the exam centre.
- Board Admit Card with a photograph or Bank Passbook with Photograph.
- Original PWD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer (if claiming the relaxation under the PWD category)
- Candidates would also be allowed to carry a transparent water bottle and Black ballpoint pen to the exam hall.
Things Not to Carry to CUET 2024 Exam Centre
Everything other than the ones mentioned above in the CUET exam day guidelines 2024 will be prohibited in the exam hall. If aspirants have any of the following things, they should make sure to leave them outside the exam hall:
Any kind of gadgets/ electronic devices
Books or study material of any type
Geometry box/ pencil-box/ pouch/ scale
Wallets or handbags
Goggles or sunglasses
Printed, handwritten, blank or any white paper or writing pad or piece of paper
Jewellery such as earrings, rings, bracelets, pendants, nose pins, charms, chain/necklaces, brooch, hair bands, badges, hair pins, clothes with full sleeves or big buttons
Closed sandals/ shoes
Candidates should note that if they are found in possession of any of the aforementioned objects, their candidature will be cancelled by the authorities. CUET Result 2024 will also not be declared for such candidates.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more information on CUET 2024!