Students no longer worry about not having a stable career in Physical Education and Sports as the career prospects in this field have seen a drastic increase with people becoming more and more health conscious. This health-conscious approach of people of the 21st century has created a demand for experts in this field. The students who wish to take admission to this programme will be given ample opportunities to conduct research work in the field of physical education. Along with research work, the Department of Physical Education and Sports will also collaborate with other health and physical education related departments. The University of Delhi provides the students with the option of pursuing the programme, however, the candidates will not only meet the eligibility criteria for the programme, but they will also need to sit for the Delhi University Entrance Examination for B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences. The undergraduate science programme of physical education, health education, and sports have a duration of three years.
Here are the things that you will require in order to take admission in B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences.
Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Entrance Examination 2019
In order to be able to pursue the programme of Physical Education and Sports, the candidates will have to follow the admission process of Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Entrance Examinations 2019. As part of the entrance examinations for the programme in 2019, the candidates will have to sit for a written examination, a physical fitness test. There are other criteria that will ensure the admission of the candidates. A positive for any candidate wanting to take admission to the programme is that all those interested will not need to worry about clearing the cut-off criteria of Delhi University unlike the other courses offered by the University of Delhi. As mentioned above, a written test is conducted to shortlist the candidates.
Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Entrance Examination Eligibility Criteria 2019
In order to take admission to the undergraduate science programme for physical education, candidates will have to meet the Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Entrance Examination eligibility criteria. As per the University of Delhi, the candidate is eligible for the programme if he/she has completed 10+2 board examinations that are conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other recognised board of education. The candidates will be assessed on the basis of the aggregate marks which will be calculated as ‘Best of Four’. Best of four is determined by the aggregate marks in one language and three other subjects that the candidate appeared for in their qualifying examination. Candidates must also note that the minimum aggregate score that they should obtain in their qualifying marks should be 45%.
Note: Candidates who have achieved a score above 60% in their Physical Education examination in the 10+2 board examination, will be given a reservation of 5% in the admission to the programme.
Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Entrance Examination Application Process 2019
Any interested candidate who wishes to pursue the programme under Delhi University will need to get an application form for the programme. The application form will only be available offline i.e. the candidates will need to visit the Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences which is located in Vikas Puri. Here are the steps that you need to complete the Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Entrance Examination application form.
- Step 1: The candidates need to buy the application form from the Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sport Sciences.
- The candidates will have to pay the college in cash.
- The application form with the prospectus will cost the candidate ₹175 (if they obtain the material in hand) and ₹200 if they obtain the material via post.
- Step 2: The candidates will then be required to fill in all the details that have been asked in the application form.
- Step 3: The candidates will then need to attach all the attested documents that are required by the college for the course such as:-
- Self-Attested copies of all Mark Sheets as well as the Certificates.
- Cash Payment Receipt of the Entrance Test Fee
- Three Passport size photographs. Two of the photographs should be self-attested and pasted on the application form. The third photograph should not be attested and attached to the Attendance Card.
- Step 4: The candidates will then need to pay the application form fee for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences. The application form fee can be paid either via cash or Demand Draft (DD). Candidates belonging to the General Category will need to pay an application form fee of ₹550, meanwhile, candidates belonging to the SC/ST category will need to pay ₹300 for the same.
- Step 5: The final step is to submit the application form along with the attested copies of the documents required for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Admissions. If the candidate has chosen to pay the application form fee via Demand Draft, then they shall write their name on the backside of the DD along with the application form number and attach it with the application form at the time of submission of the form.
Note: Candidates are advised to take a photocopy as it might be required for future references during the admission process.
Delhi University B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
Those who are interested in applying for the DU Entrance examination for B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences will need to appear for a written test first. The students will be asked to sit for a pen and paper test which will be conducted for a duration of 1 hour. The exam will be divided into two sections where the first section will consist of questions from the syllabus for the entrance examination. The second half will consist of questions relating to the Communication skills of the candidate. The questions in the second section will be asked in the Multiple Choice Question form. The syllabus to the examination will be available at the University portal which will be easily accessible. Section - I will consist of 30 questions, meanwhile, Section - II will consist of 10 questions. Each of the questions in both the sections carries a total of 1 mark each. The candidates need not worry about writing or choosing the wrong answer as the question paper does not carry any negative marking.
Since the question paper consists of both Objective and Subject questions, it is advisable to complete the subjective questions first. The candidates are also advised to divide their time accordingly.
Physical Fitness Test for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Admission 2019
Once the candidate has completed the written examination and qualifies for the same, he/she will be called for the Physical Fitness Test for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences admission 2019. The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted separately for both men and women. Given below are the criteria that the students will have to qualify in order to be able to take admission into the programme.
Male Physical Fitness Test Criteria for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Admissions 2019
The male candidates will have to go through a course of certain activities such as long jump, hurdle crossing, river crossing, sprint, etc. Here are the specifications for male physical fitness test criteria for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences admissions 2019. The candidates will have to do complete the sports activities in the order that is mentioned below in one go itself:
- 8 feet Long Jump
- Vaulting Jump of 5 feet
- Crossing Over a 4 feet 8 inches wide river 7 different times
- Crossing over a 91.4 cms tall hurdle
- Forward Roll on a mat
- Sprint to the Finish Line
Female Physical Fitness Test Criteria For DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences Admissions 2019
The female candidates will also have to go through a similar obstacle course. However, the criteria are slightly different. Here are the Female Physical Fitness Test Criteria for DU B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences admissions 2019. The candidates will have to complete the activities in the order that has been mentioned below in one go itself:
- 5 Feet Long Jump
- Vaulting Horse Jump of 4 feet
- Crossing Over 3 feet 6 inches wide river 5 different times
- Crossing Over 76.2cms Tall hurdle
- Forward roll on the mat
- Sprint to the Finish Line
- The candidates are advised to not make any foul movements, irrespective of the time limit, during the entire physical fitness test as it will result in the cancellation of the admission process for the candidate.
- The Physical Fitness Test consists of 20 Marks. The Candidate will have to clock a time below 38 seconds in order to get any score. The candidates who clock a time of 23.15 seconds or below will be given full marks. The candidates clocking over 23.15 seconds will be scored accordingly.
- Each candidate will be given a maximum of three chances or trials to complete the task.
- The candidate who fails to complete the task will be disqualified.
Scope After B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences
If you wish to pursue the programme but are unsure of the career options that they will be able to pursue after the completion of the programme, then here are some of the options you can explore. Some of the areas where the candidates will be able to pursue the programme include Health Consultancy, Sports Ministry, Sports Clubs, Nursing Homes and educational institutions such as Schools, Colleges and Universities. However, the candidates will also be able to pursue higher education after completing their B.Sc PE, HE & S. The candidates will be able to pursue an M.Phil or an M.P.Ed.
The candidates who have completed their B.Sc PE, HE & S will be able to pursue careers in different fields and areas such as Physical Education Teacher/Trainer, Dietician, Health Advice Officer, Sports Officer/Content Writer/Physiotherapist among many more job roles that are related to the field.
Therefore, the three-year programme of B.Sc Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences has now developed into a career option that is opening up many opportunities for the students who pursue it.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more such articles!