The Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) is conducted by the National Board Examination (NBE). FMGE is an assessment exam and it is mandatory for all foreign medical graduates to practice medicine in India. The FMGE exam is conducted twice a year (bi-annually) in the months of June and December. FMGE is a computer-based test and is conducted at many centres across the country.
FMGE 2018 Important Dates:
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Availability of Information Bulletin||16th October 2018|
|Start Date of Online Application||16th October 2018|
|Last Date of Online Application||6th November 2018|
|FMGE 2018 Exam Date||14th December 2018|
|Declaration of FMGE 2018 Result||15th January 2019|
FMGE 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI card holder) to be eligible for FMGE 2018.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification like MBBS which is approved by the Indian Embassy or a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in India.
- The last date for obtaining the Primary Medical Qualification for this year is on or before 30th November 2018.
- It is mandatory for candidates to provide proof that you have passed the final examination or primary medical qualification or on before the cut off date.
- If a candidate has an undergraduate medical degree from countries such as United Kingdom/ Australia/ United States of America/ Canada/ New Zealand they will not be required to appear in the Screening test.
FMGE 2018 Exam Pattern:
- The FMGE exam has 300 multiple choice questions in total and the medium of examination is English only.
- The exam is conducted in two shifts in a single day and is a computer-based test.
- There is no negative marking in FMGE examination.
FMGE 2018 Application Form and Examination Fee:
- The FMGE 2018 application form is now available on the official website of NBE till 6th November 2018.
- The application form is available in online mode and before filling the application form it is advised to go through the instructions carefully.
- At the end online submission of the FMGE 2018application form, the candidate will get a computer generated an acknowledgement. This acknowledgement will also be sent at the registered e-mail ID of the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the FMGE application form for further use.
- THE FMGE 2018 examination fee is Rs. 5,500.
FMGE 2018 Admit Card:
- Once the candidate is the done with the online submission of the FMGE application form, a computer generated acknowledgement will be sent to the registered email id of the candidates.
- The FMGE 2018 admit card will be issued to the candidates after the allotment of the exam centre by NBE.
- The information to download the FMGE admit card will be done through public notice or SMS alerts. The admit cards will be released on 6th December 2018.
- Candidates are required to download their FMGEadmit card/ hall ticket from the official website of NBE and paste their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
- The photograph should be of size 35x45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face of the candidate.
FMGE 2018 Exam Centres:
The FMGE 2018 exam centres will be located in 25 cities across the country which includes all the major cities such as Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Jammu, Jaipur, Srinagar, Noida, Patna, Delhi, Dehradun, Chennai and others.
FMGE 2018 Result:
The FMGE 2018 result will be declared on the NBE official website on 15th January 2019. To pass the FMGE examination, candidates must obtain 150 marks out of 300.
You can also check out the detailed information about the FMGE 2018 exam here.