- Gujarat University B.Ed Important Dates 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed Application Process 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed Application Fee 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed Admission Requirements 2022
- Documents Required for Gujarat University B.Ed Admission 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed. Reservation Policy 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed 2022 Syllabus
- Gujarat University B.Ed 2022 Credit Score
- Gujarat University B.Ed Merit List 2022
- Gujarat University B.Ed Counselling Process 2022
- List of B.Ed Colleges affiliated to Gujarat University 2022
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Gujarat University is currently accepting applications for B.Ed. The list of open seats following the second round of admission has been made public by the institution. Candidates can verify this by going to the university's official website. Registration for the third round will shortly open online and offline. It is anticipated that the third round's merit list would be released by the end of August 2022. A two-year B.Ed programme is offered by Gujarat University. The institution administers a centralized admissions process for the 42 affiliated colleges' B.Ed seats. The results of the qualifying examination are taken into consideration for granting admission. Interested applicants must submit an online application. Candidates are taken into consideration in the selection procedure if their undergraduate degree score is at least 50%.
Before submitting an application for admission, candidates must review the eligibility requirements. It is crucial for all applicants to become fully informed about Gujarat University's B.Ed admission 2022. The article below summarizes all pertinent details on Gujarat University B.Ed admission, including deadlines, application requirements, steps, etc.
Some key highlights of the Gujarat University's B.Ed 2022 course are as follows:
- The B.Ed program at Gujarat University is a 2-year full-time degree program which includes an internship period.
- The tenure of the internship period is 15 weeks in total which has to be done in the last 2 semesters.
- Students can register for the admission process through offline mode also.
- The B.Ed course comprises 128 credits with 800 marks evaluation for each semester.
- 20% of the post-graduation score is added to the merit list for candidates qualifying postgraduate.
Gujarat University B.Ed Important Dates 2022
The latest schedule of the Gujarat University B.Ed 2022 admission process has been given in the table below:
Last Date to Apply
July 20, 2022
Last date to change the College Choice filling
July 21, 2022
Declaration of Provisional Merit List
July 23, 2022
If any discrepancy in merit please report at the nearest help center
July 23, 2022 - July 25, 2022
Declaration of Final Merit List and First round allotment
July 26, 2022
Deposition of Tuition Fees (Online )
July 26, 2022 - July 28, 2022
Reporting with original documents/Certificates/ testimonials and bank receipt of paid fees at allotted college
July 26, 2022 - July 29, 2022
Commencement of Academic Term
July 26, 2022
Display of vacant seats after Round-I
July 30, 2022
Declaration of Merit list and allotment (2nd round)
August 1, 2022
Deposition of Tuition Fees (Online) (2nd round)
August 1, 2022 - August 3, 2022
Reporting at College (2nd round)
August 1, 2022 - August 4, 2022
Display of vacant seats after Second Round - online
August 6, 2022
Offline and Online Registration (3rd round)
August 8 - August 12, 2022
Contact to the respective College for offline Admission (3rd round)
August 8 - August 12, 2022
Declaration of Merit list for offline Admission (3rd round)
August 13, 2022
Deposition of Tuition Fees at respective college (3rd round)
August 13, 2022 - August 17, 2022
Gujarat University B.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2022
There are some predefined eligibility rules which must be fulfilled by the aspirants to apply for admission. The eligibility criteria which to be met by the candidates for Gujarat University B.Ed Admission 2022 are given in the points below:
- The applicant must have earned a bachelor's (10+2+3) or master's degree in science, social science, humanities, or business from a reputable university.
- According to NCTE guidelines, candidates must have received a minimum overall score of 50% (or 45% for applicants who belong to a reserved category) in the qualifying exam in order to be considered for admission to the B.Ed programme.
- There is no upper age limit for B.Ed admission to Gujarat University.
- In a 6:1 ratio, the qualifying exam candidate who studied sociology and philosophy will be admitted to social science courses.
- Candidates must have completed one of the following courses in English medium in order to be admitted to the B.Ed programme in English:
- Class 12th (Senior Secondary)
- Post Graduation
- English as main subject at UG or PG level
Gujarat University B.Ed Application Process 2022
The candidates who are interested to take admission in B.Ed program at Gujarat University will have to apply for admission through the official website. The application form can only be filled in the online mode and no offline application will be accepted.
The candidates can follow the given below steps to fill the application form for Gujarat University B.Ed. admission 2022:
- Visit the official website of Gujarat University or you can click on the direct link i.e https://oas2022.guadmissions.in/
- Under the notification tab, on the homepage, click on the link for the online application.
- Fill out the application form using all the necessary details such as name, father's name, address, academic qualification, etc.
- Next, upload a photograph, signature and all other documents in the prescribed format.
- After you are done filling out the application form and crosschecking the details, click on the proceed menu.
- The applicants will be redirected to the online payment portal. Enter the required details and click on submit to pay the application fee.
- Download and keep the application fee payment receipt for further references.
Gujarat University B.Ed Application Fee 2022
Candidates must pay the application fee after submitting their completed online application for Gujarat University B.Ed Admissions 2022. Below are the details on the Gujarat University B.Ed. application fees for the various categories:
The following methods are available to candidates for online payment of the application fee:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Gujarat University B.Ed Admission Requirements 2022
A centralized common admissions procedure is used by Gujarat University to enroll students in B.Ed programmes in associated colleges. Below are all the key details regarding Gujarat University's B.Ed selection criteria:
- Seats are made available to applicants in the merit-based common admission procedure.
- For UG qualified students, the merit list is created based on graduation marks. The merit list takes into account the combined internal and external percent at the UG level.
- The following formula is used to determine admission merit for PG qualified students: Admission Merit score = Total % in Graduation + 20% of total% in Post Graduation.
- Sociology and philosophy majors will be allowed to enroll in social science courses. Admission will be granted at the college by maintaining a 6:1 ratio.
- The primary subject will be accepted at the undergraduate or graduate level. The college may then switch the seats for another topic if there are any openings, provided that the number of seats in that subject does not exceed 25.
- The first subject will be assigned at the time of university admission, and the college will choose the second subject. In this situation, the college's decision will be final.
- At the graduate or postgraduate level, subjects can be chosen in accordance with the major subject shown on the mark sheet.
Documents Required for Gujarat University B.Ed Admission 2022
The candidates will have to bring certain documents at the time of counselling for Gujarat University B.Ed. Admission. Only after verifying the documents, admission will be provided to the students. The different documents which the candidates must bring for Gujarat B.Ed admission 2022 are given below:
- Mark sheet for the qualifying degree exam.
- Transfer certificate
- 10th and 12th mark sheet and certificates
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income proof (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Recent passport size photograph
Gujarat University B.Ed. Reservation Policy 2022
A few of the important points related to the Gujarat University B.Ed reservation policy 2022 are mentioned below:
- 93% of the total seats are set aside for Gujarat University students, 5% for those attending other universities in Gujarat State, including Baba Saheb Ambedkar Open University, and 2% for applicants from universities outside Gujarat State. Under no circumstances will the reserved percentage of universities be changed, and seats will be distributed entirely on the basis of merit.
- After the B.Ed admission committee has completed the centralized admission process for B.Ed admission round one, colleges may directly fill open seats based on inter-se merit by adhering to the guidelines and instructions provided by the B.Ed admission committee, which will be communicated to colleges through circular.
- For Handicapped candidates:
- 5% of the total seats will be reserved.
- Students who qualify for the physical disability category reservation must obtain a certificate from a civil surgeon and submit it along with their application without fail. If the level is between 40% and 60%, they are admissible on the basis of merit. Additionally, this shouldn't be a barrier to their academic pursuits or day jobs. The B.Ed admittance committee's decision is final in this case.
- Students who are more than 60% disabled cannot enroll in any other category without declaring their condition. If admission is requested without the necessary information, it will be refused and no payments will be reimbursed.
- Students who apply for the reservation category must include a caste certificate signed by an authorized official with their application or their application will be rejected.
- Candidates for SEBC must present a certificate that is valid for the years 2022–2023, or a government-issued Non-Creamy Layer Certificate that is valid for three years, including the current year, and states that "open category does not come in Non-Creamy Layer."
- Candidates will be regarded in the open category if caste certificate and non-creamy layer certificate are not submitted to the form. The category won't be altered afterwards at any price.
- Gujarat University candidates do not need to go through the process of (PEC). Candidates from other Gujarat universities are not required to complete the PEC process prior to admission; nevertheless, they must do it once they have been admitted. PEC must be submitted online together with the application for candidates from outside the state of Gujarat, and the original PEC must be turned in to the college while applying for admission. Apply for PEC at http://www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in/web/page/migration-eligibility on the university's website.
- Candidates who completed their undergraduate degree at Gujarat University, their graduate degree at a different institution, any other degree, are currently enrolled in a course or have abandoned one in the middle must take the PEC certificate.
Gujarat University specifies some reservation policies for the students depending on their categories. It is necessary for the applicants to have a complete idea of Gujarat University B.Ed reservation policy so that they can avail the reservation at the time of admission. The reservation policy for Gujarat University for different categories of candidates has been given in the table below:
Category of the Candidate
10% (67% male, 33% female)
Handicapped students (for 40% to 60% handicapped level)
5% (1% for blind)
Gujarat University B.Ed 2022 Syllabus
The B.Ed programme at Gujarat University is available for two years. It is delivered using the CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) Pattern. Over the course of four semesters, practical, internal, and external tests are used to evaluate each student. For each theory paper, the highest internal score is 30, while the maximum external score is 7. For students in their third and fourth semesters, the university offers internships.
Each semester covers theoretical and practical subjects along with EPC (Enhancing Professional Capacity) course exams which students must pass to be eligible to take each semester exam.
The Gujarat University B.Ed syllabus for each semester is mentioned below:
Semester-I: The first semester is divided into two core papers, one curriculum and pedagogic study, one mandatory EPC, and two electives from the given Pedagogy of School Subjects group along with six practical work with a total of 250 marks.
Let’s take a look at subjects under each above-mentioned group.
Subjects in Core Papers: There are a total of two subjects in core papers of the first semester. The subjects are: Childhood and Growing Up, Contemporary India and Education. The two core subjects are of 100 marks each.
Subjects in Curriculum and Pedagogic Study (CPS): There is only one subject in this paper with a total of 100 marks including both the internal and external papers. The subject is: Language Across the Curriculum.
Subjects in EPC: There is only one subject in EPC i.e Reading and Reflection on Texts. EPC can include both written and practical assessments with a total of 50 marks.
Subjects in Pedagogy of School Subjects (PSS): Candidates will be required to choose any two out of the following choice of courses mentioned below:
- English (LL)
- Social Science
- Science and Technology
- Organization of Commerce & Management
- English (HL) - for English Medium students
Practical Work Topics: There are six practical works in the first semester of 50 marks each and those are mentioned below:
- Micro Lessons
- Simulation Lessons
- Stray lessons in School
- Administration of Psychological test
- Case study
- Book Review
Semester-II: The semester is again divided into core paper, CPS, EPC, and PSS (any two) along with five practical works.
Subjects in Core Paper: There are two subjects in core papers namely: Knowledge and Curriculum, Learning and
Subjects in CPS: There is only one subject in CPS i.e Assessment of Learning which is of 100 marks.
Subjects in EPC: There is one subject in EPC i.e Drama And Art In Education which is of 50 marks. It can be both written and practical.
Subjects in PSS: Same as first semester, candidates will have to choose any two courses from the provided list.
Practical Topics: There are a total of five practical works in the second semester. They are as follows:
- Block Teaching - 100 marks
- Blue Print - 50 marks
- Action Research - 50 marks
- Prepare Objective type test for main school subject - 25 marks
- Seminar/Workshop/Project Work - 25 marks
Semester-III: The third semester too follows the similar syllabus pattern as semester one and semester two. However, the third semester will entail 11 weeks of internship that will be of a total of 250 marks.
Subjects in Core Paper: Gender School and Society and Creating an Inclusive School. Both will be of 100 marks each.
Subjects in CPS: This will contain only one subject i.e Understanding Self of a total of 50 marks.
Subjects in EPC: Critical Understanding of ICT will be the only subject in this paper. It will also be of 5o marks.
Subjects in PSS: Same as second semester, candidates will have to choose any two courses from the given list. Each course will be of 50 marks.
Practical Topics: Third semester will entail eleven weeks of internship along with other practical topics like:
- TLM (Each School Method)
- Computer practical (MS-Office, Internet)
- PPT Submission (Each School Method)
- Viva Exam based on Internship taken by university
Note: Internship lasting 11 weeks at an accredited upper elementary, secondary, or higher secondary institution. The following tasks must be completed by the trainee throughout their internship, along with a thorough report and photos. The counselor or school principal must verify and sign the internship report.
- Unplanned 25 lessons and 20 observations
- Study of school records in-depth, including grade reports, progress reports, academic calendars, etc.
- Plan a cultural event.
- Student interaction and observation
- Submission of the internship program's final report.
The university will conduct the viva exam at the conclusion of the third semester. Documentary proof of the trainee's internship work is required, such as a letter from the internship school authorizing the internship, an internship report with the required photos, and an internship completion certificate from the school. On the basis of the internship work and theory papers, the external examiner posed a question.
Semester IV: There will be one core paper in the fourth semester, there will be two groups (group I and II) in CPS and candidates must choose at least one subject from each group in CPS. EPC will have one subject like the rest of the semesters whereas from the PSS group, candidates must choose any two courses as before. There are six practical works including the four week internship that will be of 50 marks in the fourth semester.
Subjects in Core Paper: There is only one subject in core paper for the final semester i.e Introduction to Educational Research. The paper will be of 100 marks.
Subjects in CPS: There will be two groups i.e group I and group II. Candidates will have to choose one subject from each group.
Group I Subjects
- Educational Statistics
- Guidance and Counseling
- Teacher Education
- Child Psychology
- Indian Education System
- Entrepreneurship - Theory and Practice
Group II Subjects
- Educational Technology
- NCF- 2005 and RTE-2009
- Environmental Education
- Value Education
- Education for Human Right
- Women Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurship as Career
Subjects in EPC: Yoga & Sports Education will be the only subject in the EPC group. It will be of 50 marks.
Subjects in PSS: Candidates must take any two from the following courses mentioned below:
- English (LL)
- Social Science
- Science and Technology
- Organization of Commerce & Management
- English (HL) - for English Medium students
Practical Work Topics: There will be six practical works including the four week internship (50 marks) along with other practical works like:
- Digital lesson plan (Presentation) (Each method) - 25 marks
- Institutional Visit (Any One) - 25 marks
- Map Filing/ Analysis of Balance sheet/Budget Analysis/Science/Psychology Practical/Review of Prose or Poem - 25 marks
- Presentation of Trainees’ Portfolio and Viva - 25 marks
- Annual lesson (University Exam) - 100 marks
Note: Internship in upper primary, secondary, or higher secondary schools for four weeks. During their internship, the trainee must do the following tasks and write a concise report. The counselor or school principal must verify and sign the internship report. Students must also do the following:
- Prepare 16 unplanned lessons and 10 observations.
- Engage in student interaction and observation
- With the use of ICT, trainees are required to create digital lesson plans for each academic subject and deliver those plans in a classroom setting at the appropriate college.
- Candidates must visit any special schools, renowned higher education institutions, libraries, government institutes/training centers (G.C.E.R.T., DIET, SPIPA, text book board, etc.), and then provide a thorough report.
- The activities that the candidate completed over the course of two years should be included in this portfolio with all pertinent descriptions and images, fully attested by the responsible college method master. During the Viva at the conclusion of the fourth semester, the portfolio must be present.
- At the conclusion of semester IV, the university conducts two annual lectures (one for each academic subject).
Gujarat University B.Ed 2022 Credit Score
Below we have given the detailed semester-wise credit score, maximum marks for Internal & External exams and Practicals of Gujarat University B.Ed 2022 program.
Total Maximum Marks
200 (100 marks for University Viva)
Gujarat University B.Ed Merit List 2022
Gujarat University releases a merit list for B.Ed admission on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in qualifying exams. The varsity considers different components to determine the merit position of the candidates.
Method to Calculate Merit for Gujarat B.Ed Admission 2022
For admission to B.Ed. program at Gujarat University, the merit of the candidate is calculated on the basis of the following method:
Merit of the Student: % of marks obtained at UG level + 20% of % of marks obtained at PG level
Note: 20% of marks benefit at PG level will be granted to the candidate if the subjects at both PG and UG level are the same. Meanwhile, the candidate must have completed both the parts of PG to attain a 20% marks contribution. The merit will be calculated on the basis of the overall semester aggregate for the candidates who have completed their qualifying degree with the semester system.
The following tie-breaking method is used to calculate the merit of two students with the same marks in the qualifying exam:
- Percentage of total marks of the second year per semester = 3-4
- If the Percentage of total marks of the second year for both is same then Percentage of total marks of the first year is compared.
- If both the candidates have the same merit, then the Class 12th percentage will be compared for both.
Gujarat University B.Ed Counselling Process 2022
After the merit list for Gujarat University B.Ed Admission is released, the candidates having their names on the merit list will be called for the counselling process. The qualified candidates will be notified about the allotted schedule and venue for the counselling session. The candidates will have to reach the allotted centre on the prescribed date along with all the required documents. During the counselling session, the candidates will be allotted seats to the respective colleges in the B.Ed program for admission.
List of B.Ed Colleges affiliated to Gujarat University 2022
The below table consists of the list of some of the B.Ed. colleges affiliated with Gujarat University:
Name of the College
SUG College of Education
Vaidya Shri M.M. Patel College of Education
Sharda Adhyapan Mandir B.Ed. College
SMT.S.G.RAO COLLEGE OF TEACHERS EDUCATION
Other B.Ed. Admission Related Articles