Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Aspirants of NEET, who could not score well, might be in a state of perplexity regarding what would be the best alternative option for NEET. Every year around 15+ lakh students, appear for the NEET examination. Since seats are limited not everyone is lucky enough to obtain a seat through the NEET examination. For candidates who could not secure admissions through NEET, there are a number of alternative options. One such alternative option for NEET is ICAR AIEEA. Scroll down and go through the article to find out whether ICAR AIEEA is the best alternative option for NEET or not.
What is ICAR AIEEA?
ICAR AIEEA UG 2022: Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) is conducted for admission to Bachelor's Degree programmes in Agriculture and Allied Sciences. The National Testing Agency releases the application form and conducts the ICAR AIEEA UG examination once a year to fill in the seats across 75 agricultural universities in India. Candidates who appear and qualify in the ICAR AIEEA UG examination will be able to secure a seat in any one of the participating agricultural universities of ICAR AIEEA. Through ICAR AIEEA, 11 bachelor's degree programmes are offered and the duration of the course is four years. These eleven programmes have been declared professional degrees. There are numerous career options for candidates, who have a professional agricultural degree.
What is NEET?
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is a national-level medical entrance test, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency. NEET is conducted once a year and the candidates, who clear the NEET examination successfully, secure a seat in medical courses such as MBBS, BDS and many AYUSH programmes in both government and private institutions across the country. Earlier, this medical entrance examination was known as the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT). Through the NEET examination, around 91, 415 MBBS seats, 26,949 BDS seats, and 50,720 seats in AYUSH programmes are offered. Lakhs and Lakhs of students appear for the NEET –UG examination every year, and the number is increasing drastically. NEET –UG is one of the largest exams in India.
Comparison between ICAR AIEEA and NEET Examinations
Given below is the table of comparison of ICAR AIEEA and NEET exams.
Class XII qualified from a recognised University from Science Stream (PCB/PCM)
Class XII qualified from a recognised University from Science Stream (PCB)
Entrance Test Based and Merit-Based both
Entrance Test Based and Merit-Based both
Rs 7000 to 75,000 per Annum
Rs 5,00,000 to 25,00,000 per Annum
ICAR AIEEA Vs NEET: Pros and Cons
ICAR AIEEA is one of the available options for candidates who appear for the NEET examination and could not score well. Pursing B.Sc or B. Tech in agriculture or allied science programmes also provides a vast range of career options. The other available options are B.Sc Nursing and B.Sc Paramedical Courses.
PROS of NEET
- NEET is conducted at a national level very transparently, which is unlike state-based and independent exams that are full of scams. Candidates will be able to secure admission purely based on the score they have the score in NEET.
- The main aim of NEET is to reduce the burden of AIPMT Prelims that aspirants carried. Students were writing multiple exams and following multiple exam patterns, which choked candidates’ preparation. NEET is a single common entrance exam that provided a question paper with easy examination pattern and structures.
- NEET replaced multiple examinations thus saving time and budget for the candidates.
- NEET provides equal opportunity for all the candidates irrespective of state. A candidate's chance of getting a medical seat purely depends on the marks scored by the candidate.
- NEET Rakings are given based on the score obtained by the candidates and merit lists are prepared.
- Qualified candidates can easily participate and take admission in a particular state under the state quota.
- NEET brings fairness in the admission process of several private medical colleges.
- NEET is conducted in several multiple regional languages like CUET.
CONS of NEET
- Students of various state boards, find it difficult to appear for NEET, as the syllabus is CBSE syllabus is prescribed.
- NEET however cannot reduce the fee of the courses in various private medical colleges.
- Tamil Nadu earlier used to provide admission based on the performance of Class- 12. Now, NEET has been made mandatory in state to take admission.
- Several aspirants committing suicide due to pressure, as the number of seats is limited and test takers are in more number.
- Candidates are troubled in the name of examining before entering the examination hall.
- Often, it is revealed in the newspaper that people are involved in malpractices during the examination.
PROS of ICAR AIEEA UG
- Candidates appearing for the ICAR AIIEA UG examination can get admission in one of the highly reputed institutions.
- Candidates, who could not clear NEET, can also appear for the examination.
- Test Takers of the ICAR AIEEA UG examination, are fewer in number when compared to the NEET examination. Hence, the probability of securing admission is high.
- ICAR AIEEA UG examination is not as difficult as the NEET examination.
- ICAR Institutes are far better than some of the medical colleges in India.
- Instead of joining mushrooming medical colleges, candidates can opt for the ICAR AIEEA UG examination and can be placed in a better institution.
- ICAR AIEEA UG provides many career options for the candidates who successfully complete the examination.
- Writing the ICAR AIEEA UG exam will be helpful for those who failed multiple times to crack NEET as candidates of a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture have the scope of getting government jobs in the same area.
Is ICAR AIEEA the Best Alternative Options for NEET?
By going through the information which is provided above, one might have come to conclusion about whether ICAR AIEEA is the best alternative option for NEET or not. Aspirants might have come to know both NEET and ICAR AIEEA UG have equal and decent career options. It is for you to decide now if ICAR AIEEA is the best alternative option for NEET. Hope this article will aid you to decide to take a proper decision for your bright future.
|ICAR AIEEA 2022 Application Form Correction||ICAR AIEEA 2022 Information Bulletin (Released) – Check Detailed Notification for UG, PG & Ph.D Here|