- Articles byStream
Syllabus for 2016 AP EDCET English Test
Andhra Pradesh EDCET-2016 Examination is scheduled to be held on 23-May-2016. The examination is conducted in General English (Part-A), Teaching aptitude (Part-B) and Methodology (Part-C). The examination is conducted for 150 Marks. The methodology depends on upon the subject that is chosen by the candidate in accordance to his UG qualification. CollegeDekho brings out the examination tips for the students who are attending English methodology. Most of the students of Krishna and Guntur District has been continuously asking for the preparation tips for English as there are number of students who opted for English Methodology in these two districts.
PART - A: GENERAL ENGLISH (Marks - 25)
- Reading Comprehension.
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Transformation of Sentences - Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Students must be thorough with the above topics. Continuous practice is the key factor for the success. Students can practice examples from Wren and Martin High School English Grammar and Composition.
PART - B: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & TEACHING APTITUDE (Marks - 25)
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate's general knowledge of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognize individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test one's teaching aptitude.
To succeed in the above part, students must be practical and possess logical thinking. Students can practice the model papers from the book Vijetha competitions.
Part – C - ENGLISH METHODOLOGY
Language Skills (Marks: 50)
- Language functions
- Elements of phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs (idioms)
- Writing Skills
- Study Skills
- Reference Skills
Students must be thorough with the topics of 1st year B.A Literature course. Students have to practice note making, comprehension and vocabulary from various grammar books available in the market. Continuous practice gives success.
History of English Literature, Prose and Poetry(50 Marks);
Students must be thorough with the History of English literature. Three categories of History of English literature are;
- Old English
- Middle English
- Modern English
Apart from the history, students have to read the writings of eminent writers, poets and dramatists of the three periods. Students can prepare the following writings;
- The Solitary Reaper - William Wordsworth
- The Role not taken - Robert Frost
- Refugee Mother & Child - Chinua Achebe
- I will embrace only the son - Tripuraneni Srinivas
- William Shakespeare (Macbeth)
- William Corey (The way of the world)
- Oliver Goldsmith (She stops to conquer)
- G.B.Shah (Arms & the man)
- Christopher Marlowe (Edward the II)
- R.K. Narayan (The English Teacher)
- Mark Twain (The Advertisement of Tom Slayer)
- Thomas Hardy (The Mayer of Caster Bridge)
- Charles Dickens (A tale of two Cities)
- Film Making - Satyajit Rey
- Not Just Orange - Isac Tobolsky
- On shaking hands - A.G.Gardena
- Indian’s contribution to world Unity - Arnold Toynbee
Students must study the above writings in a detailed manner and they have to make short notes for easy access. If students are thorough with the above topics, it is very easy to succeed in the examination and secure better rank. CollegeDekho wishes all the best to all the EDCET-2016 candidates.
Examination Syllabus and Tips are given by; Dr.P.Ramanujan, Retired Professor, Vijayawada
Source; Sakunth Kumar, City Journalist, CollegeDekho, Vijayawada
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has offered scholarships to thirty graduating students of Indian ...