Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Vocational courses are courses that deal in the diverse field with industry-friendly skills. Vocational courses are different from normal courses. It is basically a non-academic course and trade-specific which is designed to develop professional knowledge to the aspirants. The course is education-centric, which deviates from the normal course and provides a direct skill that is required for a particular trade. The vocational course provides both theoretical and practical knowledge to the aspirants. There are many vocational courses that is opted after class 10th only but mainly the aspirants choose their career in vocational trade after class 12th. Vocational courses have both short and long-term course options such as certificate courses, diploma courses or it can be degree courses. Vocational courses have numerous job options as well. There are several colleges universities and institutes that offer vocational courses to interested aspirants.
The demand for Vocational Courses are increasing in modern times. Vocational Education prepares students for doing technical courses that are usually job-oriented. It is also called career and technical-oriented education. The popularity of vocational courses is increasing after class XII as Delhi University is also offering many vocational courses for various streams. Vocational courses are offered under different streams. Many multinational companies also visit campuses these days to recruit youngsters who have done vocational courses. Vocational courses should be promoted by all state and central universities as it will increase the employment opportunities for the youngsters.
Vocational Course Types
There are basically two types of trade in vocational courses engineering and non-engineering that an aspirant can chose to opt after class 12th according to their interest.
1. Engineering Trade
- It mainly focuses on the subjects like maths, science, technology.
- Engineering trade is basically a technical type course
- Deals in design, manufacturing, functioning of machines, etc
2. Non-engineering Trade
- Its mainly focuses on the subjects like arts, commerce, design, and management.
- Non-engineering basically deals in non-technical trade.
- Deals in computer operations, textile design, interiors, sewing, etc.
Vocational Courses after Class 12th
The famous vocational courses that can be opted after class 12 are as follows:
Diploma in Food and Beverages
Dress Making/ Fashion Designing
Photography certificate curse
Foreign language course
Diploma in bakery and confectionary
Web designing and development
Animation and graphics
Journalism and Mass communication
Top Colleges and Fee for Vocational Course after12th
There are many colleges for vocational courses across the country. But few of them are top listed colleges where the aspirants have might to give entrance and the fee is also very nominal. The fee may vary from institute to institute. The list of top collges for vocational course are as follows:
1 lakh per annum
13.8 K per annum
41K to 47K per annum
1.75 lakh per annum
44K per annum
14000K per annum
46 K per annum
22K per annum
19K per annum
73K per annum
1K per annum
27K per annum
42 K per annum
Patna University, Patna
11K per anum
1K per annum
St. Joseph College, Thiruchirapalli
17K per annum
B.K Birla College, Thane
1500 K per annum
30K per semester
Integral University, Lucknow
85K-1lakh per annum
13K per annum
Admission Process for Vocational Courses after 12th
The admission process in the vocational courses varies from institute to institute. However, the aspirants can read the normal procedure of admission given below:
- The admission process for being part of different vocational courses offered by multiple universities mainly depends on the merit of class XII.
- The students applying for vocational courses must fill the application form of the respective colleges/universities.
- After filling the application form, the students have to wait for the cut off list as in the case of Delhi University.
- If the student qualifies the cut-off percentage as required by different colleges, they can apply for the same.
- After their documents are verified, they can take admission after paying the required fees for the course.
- The different colleges alongside the merit of class XIIth also ask for minimum eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the students in order to take admission to the vocational courses.
- Certain colleges and universities also take admission on the basis of a written test conducted separately by the college. The student in this case is expected to pass the qualifying examination to take admission to vocational courses.
- So, admission process varies from institute to institute. In certain cases, students can take direct admission also.
Vocational Course Eligibility Criteria after Class 12th
The aspirants can check the eligibility criteria before applying for the vocational course. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The aspirants should have passed class 12th from a recognised board.
- Minimum of 45% marks is required in 12th boards.
- Aspirants who want to apply in vocational engineering trade course need to have science and maths in their boards.
- Eligibility criteria differs from institute to institute. The aspirants need to check with the institute where they are applying for the course.
Vocational Certificate Course after Class 12th
Vocational certificate course is very famous in the present times. The aspirants can check the major points regarding the course.
- The certificate vocational course is available in online mode and offline mode.
- It is a 6 months short-term program.
- Aspirants who opt for this course are awarded a certificate vocational degree after the completion of the course.
- Ignou is very famous to offer distance vocational course programs.
- The average fee for a vocational certificate course is 15K to 20 K for the entire course program.
- Vocational certificate course basically helps to develop specific quality and get job immediately after 12th.
For more information related to the vocational course, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!