Andhra University is one of the oldest universities in the country. It was established in the year 1926 in the city of Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Apart from the full-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses, Andhra University offers admission to distance MBA and MCA programmes. The Andhra University School of Distance Education which was previously known as the School of Correspondence Course of Andhra University offers distance education programmes in streams such as engineering, computer science, management, arts and humanities etc.
Andhra University Distance MBA, MCA Admission 2019
Andhra University offers admission to a two year and three-year distance MBA programme and also in a three-year distance MCA programme. Andhra University distance MBA and MCA admission are done on the basis of Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test - APICET. The APICET entrance test is conducted by Andhra University. The APICET 2019 exam pattern is same as the previous year, the exam will be conducted in offline mode.
All the details about Andhra University Distance MBA and MCA admission 2019, specialisations offered, eligibility criteria, application process and selection procedure can be checked here.
Andhra University Distance MBA Specialisations 2019
Andhra University School of Distance Education offers a number of MBA specialisations. Admission to Andhra University Distance MBA course is on the basis of merit in the admission test. The executive MBA course at AU School of Distance Education is for two years and a full-time MBA course is of three years. The Andhra University Distance MBA specialisations 2019 are as followed:
- Executive MBA Marketing
- Executive MBA Finance
- Executive MBA HRM
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Finance
- MBA HRM
- MBA Hospital Administration
Andhra University Distance MBA and MCA Important Dates 2019
Andhra University Distance MBA and MCA admission process starts in the month of July. The Andhra University distance MBA and MCA important dates 2019 are given in the table below to keep a track of the events. However, Andhra University is yet to release the important dates of MBA and MCA admission 2019.
|Important Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Start Date||4th July 2019|
|Application Last Date||20th July 2019|
|Entrance Exam Date||26th July 2019|
Andhra University Distance MBA, MCA Eligibility Criteria 2019
Andhra University offers admission to distance MBA, MCA courses on the basis of certain eligibility criteria set by the university. Candidates who meet the Andhra University distance MBA, MCA 2019 eligibility can apply for admissions for these respective courses. Check out the eligibility criteria for distance MBA and MCA courses offered by Andhra University School of Distance Education here:
Andhra University Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria 2019
Given below is the Andhra University distance MBA eligibility criteria 2019 for all the distance MBA specialisations :
Andhra University Distance Executive MBA Marketing, Finance, HRM Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have a bachelor's degree other than BFA and BA course from Andhra or any other recognised university. The minimum pass percentage is 50% for the general candidates and for SCT/ST candidates is 45%.
- The candidate should have at least studies maths till class 10th or intermediate level and must have appeared in the ICET entrance test conducted by Andhra University.
- Candidate must have two years of professional experience after passing graduation as on the 1st July 2019.
Note*- Candidates who have ten years of professional experience after graduation degree can apply for direct admissions. All the distance executive MBA course at Andhra University are for two years.
Andhra University Distance MCA Eligibility Criteria 2019
The Andhra University distance MCA eligibility criteria 2019 is listed below:
- Candidate should have completed a bachelor's degree other than BAOL or BFA course from Andhra or any other recognised University. The minimum pass percentage required for general category students 50% and for SC/ST candidates it is 45%.
- Candidates must have qualified the ICET examination as the number of seats in the distance MBA course are limited.
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics till class 12th or should have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects to study.
Andhra University Distance MBA, MCA Application Procedure 2019
- The application forms for Andhra University Distance MBA and MCA programmes can be obtained from the official website of from the 7 designated Andhra University centres.
- The Andhra University distance MBA and MCA application forms will require candidates to fill in the personal, professional and academic details.
- Candidates will also have to affix a recent passport size photograph on the application form attested by a Gazetted officer.
- The application fee is Rs.300 and can be paid by the way of Demand Draft, drawn in the favour of Registrar AU payable at Vishakhapatnam.
Documents Required for Andhra University Application Form 2019
Candidates will have to attach the following documents along with the Andhra University Distance MBA and MCA application form. Make sure you have all the original copies as well because you will be required to produce them at the time of admission.
- Photocopies of Employment Certificate from Employer (Applicable for two-year MBA programme)
- Photocopy of Degree Certificate/ Marksheet
- Intermediate / Class 12th examination certificate (Applicable for MCA programme)
- Date of Birth Proof
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Two Self-Addressed envelopes (9” x 4” size)
Andhra University Distance MBA, MCA Selection Procedure 2019
The final selection of the candidates to Andhra University Distance MBA, MCA is one the basis of Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) which is conducted by Andhra University. However, candidates who have not appeared in the ICET entrance test appear in the entrance exam conducted by Andhra University, School of Distance Education. The exam is known as APICET, which is an objective type test
Note*- Candidates who have ten years of experience after graduation are exempted from appearing in the entrance exam for admission to Executive MBA programme.
Andhra University Distance MBA Course Fee 2019
The distance MBA course fee at Andhra University is Rs.35,000. Out of the total amount, candidates have to pay Rs.23,000 at the time of the admission and the remaining balance of Rs.12,000 have to be paid during the second year.
Andhra University Distance MCA Course Fee 2019
The Andhra University distance MCA course fee is Rs.45,000 which is to be paid in three equal installments. This fee includes the examination for the first year examination. However, candidates will have to pay Rs.200 per paper during the second year examination.
The APICET counselling process of 2019 will start once the results are out. Candidates participating in APICET 2019 counselling will have to first register on the website. For more information regarding Distance Education Colleges and Courses in India, fill the common application form on our homepage.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates.