- About Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Courses Admissions 2019
- Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Admissions Important Dates 2019
- Central University of Kerala Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Central University of Kerala Ph.D Admissions Guidelines 2019
- Central University of Kerala PhD Specialisations 2019
- How to Apply for Central University of Kerala Ph.D Admissions …
- Documents Required for Central University of Kerala PhD Application Form …
- Central University of Kerala Ph.D Selection Process 2019
- Central University of Kerala PhD Fees 2019
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Central University of Kerala was founded in 2009 at Kasaragod. Currently, the university is one of the leading academic institutions of Kerala and the Ph.D. research courses in the Central University of Kerala are one of the most sought out courses by Ph.D. Aspirants. The university provides one of the best research facilities in the state of Kerala.
About Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Courses Admissions 2019
Central University of Kerala Ph.D. admissions is done twice a year depending on the availability of seats. The duration of the Ph.D programme at Central University of Kerala is 2 to 4 years. The programme must be completed within the timespan of a maximum 4 years otherwise the candidate will be barred from conducting research in the Central University of Kerala. The two sessions of Ph.D. courses in the Central University of Kerala are held in the June-July session and December-January Session. The upcoming phase of Ph.D. admissions 2019 at Central University of Kerala is from July. There are a total of 21 subjects for Ph.D. in Central University, Kerala. All Ph.D. courses in the Central University of Kerala are available for full time and part time research curriculum. The university conducts Part-time Ph.D. programme in the Central University of Kerala for working professionals. Ph.D. admission 2019 for working professionals will be conducted with general Ph.D. admissions.
Central University of Kerala Ph.D. Admissions Important Dates 2019
Central University of Kerala has already started its registration process for Ph.D. admissions 2019. Take a look at the Ph.D admissions important dates 2019 at the Central University of Kerala to keep a track of all the important events here:
Registration beginning date
19th February 2019
Registration last date
26th March 2019
Issue of admit cards
13th April 2019*
Date of entrance examination
28th April 2019 & 29th April 2019
*Date of Admit Card Issuance may change due to General/ Loksabha elections 2019. Candidates are suggested to keep track of the dates by visiting the official website for any kind of further updates.
Central University of Kerala Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates seeking Ph.D admissions at the Central University of Kerala need to go through the Central University of Kerala Ph.D eligibility criteria 2019 before applying for the Ph.D courses. Given below is the detailed eligibility criteria:
- The aspirant must have a Masters degree in the same or related subject he/she willing to pursue PhD.
- The candidate must have acquired a minimum of 55% Percentile or 6 CGPA out of a scale of10.
- For people belonging to economically backward classes, 5% relaxation is given.
Central University of Kerala Ph.D Admissions Guidelines 2019
There are certain guidelines on the basis of which Central University of Kerala grants admission to aspirants. Candidates qualified under UGC-CSIR NET / ICMR / GATE / INSPIRE / ICAR / DBT / ICSSR / KSCSTE / NBHM / or State Eligibility Tests which are recognized or proposed by university will get priority for Central University of Kerala PhD admissions 2019. Following are the Ph.D admissions guidelines 2019:
- Admission will be strictly based on the norms set by the Government of India for PhD admissions.
- Candidates belonging from economically backward sections must produce their SC, ST or OBC certificate at the time of admissions.
- Any notification from the Central University of Kerala regarding PhD admissions will be notified on the candidate's e-mail or CUCET or Central University Kerala Website. Candidates are required to keep a track of the website on a daily basis.
- Priority in disbursing PhD seats in Central University of Kerala will be given to students who have a valid JRF/NET score
- For PhD Admissions in Central University of Kerala 2019, candidates with JRF are requested to apply by themselves. The JRF candidates are exempted from taking CUCET entrance test.
- PhD aspirants with NET have to sit in CUCET 2019 for PhD admissions in Central University of Kerala
- Hostel facilities are not provided to the PhD students in Central University of Kerala
Under some rare consequences, the chance of Ph.D admissions at the Central University of Kerala is given to aspirants. The special PhD admission in Central University of Kerala is guided by the following norms:
- Candidates who have research fellowship awarded by the Government of India or any government agency
- M.Phil Degree holders from Central University of Kerala are directly allowed to pursue PhD in similar, related or inclined subjects that are offered in the University
- Students engaged in a sandwich research program affiliated under other universities can conduct their PhD research in Central University of Kerala
- Indian origin students researching in foreign countries will be allowed to research if they are a part of a collaborative research programme under their research institution with the Central University of Kerala.
- Teachers of government colleges and institutions as well as scientists of Section A and B working under government or government-affiliated supervision are allowed to pursue PhD degree in central university of Kerala.
- Foreign students researching under the government of India or those who have clearance to research under the Indian government are allowed to pursue PhD courses in Central University of Kerala.
Central University of Kerala PhD Specialisations 2019
Central University of Kerala offers Ph.D specialisation in various disciplines. Listed below are the Ph.D specialisations 2019 at the Central University of Kerala.:
- English & Comparative Literature
- Hindi & Comparative Literature
- International Relations & Politics
- Public Administration & Policy Studies
- Animal Science
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Genomic Science
- Plant Science
- Social Work
- Public Health & Community Medicine
How to Apply for Central University of Kerala Ph.D Admissions 2019?
Given below is the detailed step-by-step process to apply for Central University of Kerala Ph.D admissions 2019:
- PhD research aspirants must download the prescribed admission form for 2019 from Central University of Kerala website
- The duly filled application form must be submitted to the concerned head of the department
- A demand draft of Rs.1000 (Rs. 500 for ST/SC/OBC) should be drawn and submitted at the same time while submitting the admission form. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Central University of Kerala”, payable at Periye/Kasaragod.
Documents Required for Central University of Kerala PhD Application Form 2019
The following documents need to be enclosed with the Central University of Kerala Ph.D application form 2019:
- Final results of Bachelors Degree
- Final results of Masters Degree
- SC / ST / OBC Certificate of Non-Creamy Layer (for ST/SC/OBC Candidates)
- Scorecard for NET (if available)
- Scorecard of JRF (if available)
- Employee NOC certificate (for part-time researches)
- Government of India provisional letter (For researches under the fellowship of the Government of India)
Central University of Kerala Ph.D Selection Process 2019
Central University of Kerala Ph.D selection process of 2019 is on the basis of various factors.Consider out all the important conditions/ factors involved in the Ph.D selection process 2019 at Central University of Kerala
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the Ph.D entrance test conducted by the university.
- Candidates who have been selected for the fellowship by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environ or the SLET conducted by the Kerala government or those who hold M.Phil degree and thesis along with master's degree or its equivalent with not less than 55% will be exempted from the eligibility test
- Candidates who have the DST-INSPIRE fellowship will be exempted from the Ph.D entrance test
- Candidates who have qualified the NET for JRF or Lectureship of the UGC/CSIR or ICAR/GATE or ICMR JRF test will be given exemption from the eligibility test
- Candidates who have qualified GPAT will also be exempted from the Ph.D entrance exam and are allowed to register for research leading to Ph.D in Pharmacy
Central University of Kerala PhD Fees 2019
The Central University of Kerala Ph.D fee structure 2019 is subject to change for the upcoming admission. The approximate fees for the PhD courses 2019 at Central University of Kerala is around Rs. 20,650 per year. PhD aspirants are requested to check the official website for any changes in the fee structure.
Note: The University may change the fee without prior notice. Please visit the official site for more details about the fee structure.
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind is a visiting faculty of the Central University of Kerala. Currently, the permanent campus of the university is in Tejaswini Hills, which is in Kasaragod. The university is built over 310 acres of land which was allocated by the Government of Kerala in 2012.
CollegeDekho wishes you success for Ph.D admissions 2019 at Central University of Kerala!