- Types of Ground Staff
- Diploma in Ground Staff Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma in Cabin Crew Training Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training Admission Process
- How to Become a Ground Staff Member
- Colleges for Diploma in Ground Staff
- Colleges for Diploma in Cabin Crew Training
- Skills Required for Ground Staff & Cabin Crew
- Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training Career Scope
- Benefits from Working as Ground Staff and Cabin Crew
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Ground staff are individuals who are stationed throughout the airport and attend to the various needs of passengers before and after flights. They are in charge of answering passengers' questions about flights, making reservations, checking baggage, and so on. A career as a ground crew member could be a lucrative opportunity in the future, as the Indian aviation market is expected to be the third largest in the world by 2024, according to the IBEF. In addition, the plan to increase the number of airports in India from 153 to 190-200 by 2040 will increase the number of job opportunities for ground staff.
Candidates interested in working as ground staff must complete various aviation management courses at the Diploma, UG, and PG levels. To gain admission to the top aviation colleges in India, candidates must have completed their 12th grade or equivalent. Depending on the college, admission is based on an entrance examination or a merit list. Several institutes in India offer ground staff training courses to candidates. Kasturi Institute of Management, Panache Academy, Skybird Aviation, GMR Aviation Academy, and other well-known colleges are listed below. The course fee varies depending on the institute. The average course fee in these institutes ranges from INR 150,000 to INR 1.5 million.
With the increase in the number of flights around the world, the need for the ground staff as well as cabin crew has also increased. There is a huge demand for skilled staff who can manage all the activities at the airport. Candidates who are interested in managing all the activities at the airport, as well as other cabin services, can opt for this field. Many programs are available in the aviation sector such as BBA in airport management and Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training for a career in these fields in the aviation sector. You will get to know about all the information regarding the three-year Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training. This article will provide you with the eligibility criteria, selection process and colleges for the diploma program in ground staff and cabin crew.
Types of Ground Staff
Ground personnel are classified according to their job responsibilities. The best ground staff jobs are highlighted briefly below.
- Agent for Airline Tickets: Airline ticket agents are entirely responsible for booking and reserving seats for passengers. They must interact with passengers in order to book flight tickets and reserve seats.
- Coordinator of Crew Schedules: Crew Schedule Coordinators are in charge of monitoring flight operations at the airport and managing flight takeoff and landing schedules.
- Reservation Sales Representative: When customers book tickets, Reservation Sales Agents must make flight reservations. They also provide information regarding flight takeoffs and landings.
- Technician in Avionics: Their responsibility is to test and repair aircraft equipment and other aircraft parts. They must determine the cause of aircraft component damage and repair those parts.
Diploma in Ground Staff Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training in order to get admission. The minimum requirements will be decided by the respective colleges. However, some of the major requirements for admission are provided below:
- Candidates applying for admission must have cleared 12th in the relevant stream. He/ She must have scored a minimum percentage of 40-50% in order to get admission to the diploma program.
Diploma in Cabin Crew Training Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for a diploma in cabin crew training is given below:
- Candidates must have cleared 12th from any stream in order to get eligible for admission to the diploma in cabin crew training.
- Some of the institutes might ask to fulfil the age and other medical standards as well.
- Age Limit: The normal age limit for the program is 17 to 25 years.
- Minimum height required for admission is 157 cm (for females) and 170 cm (for males). The requirement can vary from college to college.
- Candidate must have good physical health.
Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training Admission Process
Admission to the diploma in ground staff and cabin crew training will be done on the basis of scores in 12th examination. Some of the colleges might conduct an entrance examination for admission. Candidates can check the admission process of all the flying schools as well as colleges providing diploma in ground staff and cabin crew training before applying for admission. Candidates must complete the application form in order to get considered for further admission process.
How to Become a Ground Staff Member
Candidates for Ground Staff must take the following steps.
- Making a Decision: Before attempting to pursue any career, candidates must make a decision. Candidates must conduct an analysis of their strengths, weaknesses, and the opportunities that a career as a ground staff would provide before making a decision
- Subject Options: A career as a ground staff does not require candidates to study a specific subject in their 12th or equivalent level. Candidates pursuing aviation management courses, on the other hand, will have a better chance of being selected as ground staff after the 12th
- Preparation for Entrance Exams: There are several courses at the UG and PG levels that require candidates to take an entrance examination, such as SET, IPU CET, CAT, MAT, and so on. Candidates are required to attend classes in order to perform well in the entrance examination. Aside from entrance exams, top institutes conduct GD, PI, and WATs as part of the admissions process
- Choosing a Good College: Following the entrance examination, candidates must look for top colleges in India that offer relevant courses in ground staff training. Candidates can look at the rankings provided by organisations such as NIRF, IndiaToady, and others. Candidates can also use various online platforms to learn about the placement scenarios of various colleges and then make an informed decision
Colleges for Diploma in Ground Staff
Take a look at some of the well-known colleges for diploma in ground staff training
|Remo International College of Aviation||Chennai|
Hyderabad Aviation Academy
Maharashtra Aviation Academy and Hospitality Management
Blue Rose Aviation and Hospitality Academy
International Institute of Aviation
Colleges for Diploma in Cabin Crew Training
Some of the institutes for cabin crew training are mentioned below
PTC Aviation Academy
PTC Aviation Academy
IGIA (Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics)
Skills Required for Ground Staff & Cabin Crew
To be the best ground staff and cabin crew, you must have the following skills:
Good communication skills
Proficiency in speaking English, Hindi, or other Foreign language
Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training Career Scope
There are many career options available after Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training. Candidates can start applying for jobs after the completion of the training period. And, if the candidates are interested in studying further then they can also choose to enrol for the bachelor degree or advanced programs in cabin crew and ground staff. Some of the major sectors where the candidates apply for the job are listed below.
- Travel Agencies
- Tour Agencies
- Aviation Firms
Besides this, some of the major recruiters of the sector are
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Qatar Airways
- Emirates Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
Benefits from Working as Ground Staff and Cabin Crew
Ground Staff is a career-oriented job for those interested in aviation management. Some of the advantages of a career as a ground staff manager are listed below.
Salary: Salary in this job is quite low in the beginning or for new employees. However, it is a good career opportunity for those who enjoy serving and assisting others. The job can help you improve your skills
Job Safety: Candidates who have completed the course at a reputable aviation institute may be placed in one of the top airlines. This profession provides job security. One must be more active at work and be available to work night shifts at the airport
The Career's Positive Impact: A career as a ground staff member at an airport is both challenging and rewarding. They must check passengers' luggage, book flight tickets, reserve seats, handle airport ground operations, and so on
Higher Education: Higher education in ground staff courses is available, but a diploma, bachelor's degree, or postgraduate diploma course will provide you with opportunities in this field
One-of-a-Kind Experience: Ground staff activities are unique in that they must deal with a variety of issues at the airport. If someone wants to book tickets via phone or online, they must deal with customers over the phone
You can also fill our Common Application Form (CAF) or call our toll-free helpline number 1800-572-9877 to get any assistance in terms of choosing or shortlisting a particular college. In case you have any questions, feel free to consult experts on the CollegeDekho QnA Zone.
Meanwhile, you can refer to some articles related to aviation/hotel management below.