Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is an exam conducted by the Indian Air Force in order to select officers in various branches. Some of these branches include the Ground Duty Branch (Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission), Technical Branch (Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission), and Flying Branch (Short Service Commission). Candidates interested in scoring 200+ Marks in AFCAT 2023 must go through the entire article.
AFCAT is held twice a year, once in February and then in August. It is organised in several cities all over the country. The candidates who wish to join any of the mentioned branches in the air force have to mandatorily write the AFCAT 2023. On this page, we have provided some preparation tips for AFCAT which will help you in getting a score above 200.
AFCAT 2023 Exam Pattern
In order to score well in any exam, it is essential to know its exam pattern and marking scheme. This will provide a better understanding of the examination and help get higher marks. The detailed exam pattern of AFCAT has been given below.
Total No. of Questions
|Two Hours (120 minutes)||Online|
EKT Ground Duty Technical branch)
AFCAT 2023 Marking Scheme
Go through the table below to understand the marking scheme of AFCAT 2023. The following method is used for evaluating the total marks scored by the candidate.
For every correct answer
For every incorrect answer
For every question left unattempted
Important Topics for AFCAT 2023
Candidates must cover the entire syllabus of AFCAT 2023 while preparing for the exam. This way, they will be equipped with the basic knowledge to attempt almost all the questions. There are some important topics of AFCAT 2023 which are given more weightage than others. The maximum number of questions are framed on these topics hence candidates must focus on them diligently.
AFCAT Reasoning and Military Aptitude Important Topics
- Verbal Reasoning
- Puzzle Tests
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Direction Sense Test
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Completion of Incomplete Pattern
- Paper Cutting and Folding
- Hidden Figures
- Dot Situations
AFCAT General Awareness Important Topics
- Terms used in games
- Notable persons of importance
- Cups and trophies associated with sports
- Recently launched famous books and their authors
- Important defence related acquisitions
- Games - Asian and Commonwealth
- Famous books written by notable authors
- National Sports Awards
- Awards related to books and films
- All about Bharat Ratna awardees
- All about the Nobel Prize and various awardees
- Countries - Capitals and their Currencies
- National Institutions and Innovations
- Indian Space Research Programmes
- International Days
- All about the Indian Armed Forces
AFCAT English Important Topics
- Basic English Grammar Rules
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Idioms and Phrases
- Comprehension Passages
AFCAT Numerical Ability Important Topics
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Work and Time
- Simple and Compound Interest
- LCM and HCF
- Number Systems
|AFCAT 2023 Sample Papers|
|AFCAT 2023 Exam Day Instructions: What to Carry, Reporting Time||How to Prepare for AFCAT AFSB Interview: Preparation Strategy and Important Tips|
Important Tips for Scoring 200+ in AFCAT 2023
For scoring more than 200 marks in AFCAT 2023, candidates must follow some important tips. Some of the major factors that will help you in scoring 200+ in AFCAT have been listed below:
- Cover the entire syllabus of AFCAT 2023 well in advance so that you have enough time for revision. Avoid skipping chapters or selective studies.
- Focus on all the sections of the exam and do not neglect any. Your aggregate score will depend upon how well you perform in all the sections of AFCAT.
- Spare some time for revision and go through all the topics at least twice.
- Analyse your strengths and weaknesses and formulate a study plan devoting more time to the topics in which you are weak.
- Practise the previous year question papers of AFCAT religiously. Some of the questions are often repeated and if you solve the trending papers of the exam, it will enhance your score.
- After completing the syllabus, take the AFCAT mock tests and sample tests to get comfortable with the exam pattern and the type of questions asked in the exam.
- In the last few weeks before the exam, prepare short notes including formulas and relevant information. Go through these notes regularly in order to keep them fresh in your memory.
- Do not try new methods or shortcuts when you are nearing the exam. This will confuse you and throw your brain off its track of solving questions.
- While giving the exam, read the question carefully and understand its meaning. Do not miss out on any important detail given in the question as it can alter the whole language.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, do not resort to guesswork as that will increase the chances of lowering your score. Since there is a negative marking for all the wrong answers in AFCAT, 2023 select options only when you are very clear about it.
By following these methods, you will most likely get over 200 marks in AFCAT 2023 if you have prepared well. Go through the exam analysis of AFCAT February 2023 in order to get an overall understanding of what to expect in the AFCAT 2023.
|Detailed AFCAT 2021 Exam Analysis|