That time of the year is here again when postgraduate course aspirants are looking forward to DU PG Admissions. Delhi University is one of the premier higher education institutions, which is widely popular for it's postgraduate among the aspirants. DU offers admission to various PG specialisations which a student can opt for as per their career choice and interest. DU PG admissions are administered by the respective department of the course. Admission to most of the PG courses at DU is on the basis of the entrance test which is conducted by the university itself.
Documents Required for DU PG Admission 2019
For the document verification process, the candidates will be required to bring the documents required for DU PG admission 2019. Here is the list of documents that are needed by the candidates for PG admissions at Delhi University this year.
- Admit Card of Entrance Examination (For candidates taking admission via Entrance Exam) along with printed admission form which can be procured from Online Dashboard by using the registered email ID and password.
- Class 10 Certificates or Mark Sheet that include the names of the parents and the D.O.B.
- Class 12 Certificates or Mark Sheet
- 4 Passport-sized photographs
- Degree Certificate along with the Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination, i.e. Consolidated Mark Sheet. (Note: Mark Sheets of all the semester of their undergraduate programme will be considered for the admission only if the candidate has not received the degree at the time of admission)
- Certificates for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS categories, if applicable, which has been signed by a qualified authority
- For OBC Category - Certificates should be printed on Non-Creamy Layer and should have been issued after 31st March 2019.
- Identity Proof that has been issued by the competent authority as disclosed by the Government of India.
- Two Undertakings need to be submitted by the candidates, which can be downloaded by the candidate from the official website of Delhi University.
As per the revised guidelines of Delhi University for PG admissions 2019, the college/ department/faculty/ centre will not retain original documents of the students after the verification. However, the provisionally admitted students will be required to produce the original documents within a week after the last of PG Admission for forensic verification. Candidates who are unable to provide the same, the said candidate admission may be cancelled.
DU PG Result 2019
The DU PG result has been announced on the varsity's PG Portal. The university has released the result in online mode. Candidates can check their DU PG entrance exam results along with the group discussion and interview results. Those candidates who qualify the result will be able to secure a seat in the college. Given below are the results for various PG courses
Click here for DUET LLB Result 2019
Click here for DUET B.Tech Result 2019
Click here for DUET Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) Result 2019
Click here for DUET B.Ed Result 2019
Click here for DUET B.Ed Special Education (Visual Impairment) Result 2019
Click here for DUET M.Ed Result 2019
Click here for DUET MA Sociology Result 2019
Click here for DUET BA Hons Multimedia Result 2019
Click here for DUET MA Applied Psychology Result 2019
Click here for DUET BA Hons Humanities and Social Science Result 2019
Click here for DUET B.El.Ed Result 2019
DUET Answer Key 2019 (PG Courses)
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the DUET Answer Key for postgraduate courses for the exams that took place from 3rd July 2019 to 8th July 2019. The DUET answer key 2019 is available on the official website.
DU PG Admission 2019
The registration process for Delhi University PG admissions began from June 3, 2019. All the information pertaining to DU PG admissions 2019, important dates, eligibility, application form, and other information can be found in the article below.
DU PG Admission Important Dates 2019
Delhi University has begun with the online registration process for PG Admissions 2019 from June 3 onwards. Candidates who are interested in DU PG Admission must keep a track of all the important dates to be updated with all the important information and not to miss out on any important deadline. Check out the DU PG Admission Important Dates 2019 here.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Start of Online Registration||June 3, 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration||June 22, 2019|
|Availability of DU PG Admit Card||Released|
|DU PG Entrance Exam||3rd July -8th July 2019|
|Release of First Admission List||July 17, 2019|
|Document verification, the due date to deposit Admission fee (for Shortlisted candidates)||July 17-19, 2019|
|Notification of second admission list||July 22, 2019|
|Document verification, the due date to deposit Admission fee (for Shortlisted candidates)||July 22-24, 2019|
|Notification of third admission list||July 27, 2019|
|Document verification, the due date to deposit Admission fee (for Shortlisted candidates)||July 27-30, 2019|
|Notification of fourth admission list||August 2, 2019|
|Document verification, the due date to deposit Admission fee (for Shortlisted candidates)||August 2-5, 2019|
DU PG Courses 2019
Delhi University offers admission to PG courses in various streams such as arts and humanities, science, information technology, management, commerce, etc. M.A., M.Com, MCA, M.Tech, LL.M, M.Sc, MBA, PGDCA are the courses offered by Delhi University. There are a number of PG specialisations in these courses that a candidate can choose as per their career interest.
DU PG Eligibility Criteria 2019
Delhi University has certain eligibility criteria for admission to PG courses. The candidates must meet the DU PG eligibility criteria 2019 to participate in the admission process. All the applicants interested in DU PG Admissions must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for the PG course they are applying for. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility will not be allowed to appear in the entrance exam. The DU PG eligibility criteria course wise is given in detail below:
DU PG Course Wise Eligibility
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria|
DU PG Course General Eligibility
DU PG Application Form 2019
To apply for DU PG Admission 2019, candidates will have to visit the official website of the university." DU PG Admission Portal 2019" is the link that will be made available on the official website. Given below is the step-by-step process to fill in the Delhi University PG application form:
- Visit the official website and log on to PG Admission Portal 2019
- Click on the link - New Registration with a valid email ID.
- Once the candidates have successfully registered themselves, a confirmation link will be sent to their respective Email.
- To fill the DU PG Online Application form, candidates will first have to upload certain documents.
- The documents required to submit along with DU PG Application Form are Passport size photograph, Scanned Signature, Self Attested Copy of ID Proof, Self Attested Copy of class 10th and 12th Marksheets, and Self Attested of Category Certificate (If Applicable).
- Once the uploading of the documents is done, Submit the same.
- You can start filling the application form and fill in all the details.
- Once all the details are filled, you will be required to choose the city for the exam centre.
- You can fill up to three choices in the city for the exam centre.
- Save the application and make the payment via Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
DU PG Application Fee 2019
The DU PG application fee for general category candidates is Rs. 500 whereas for SC/ST/OBC candidates the application fee is Rs.250 for all the courses. The DU application fee for postgraduate courses can be paid in online mode.
DU PG Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2019
The DU PG entrance exam is conducted in offline mode ( pen and paper). There will be different exams for the different courses but the exam pattern will remain the same for all the Delhi University PG courses. Check out the DU PG exam pattern and syllabus in the table given below:
|Duration of DU PG Entrance Exam 2019||2 Hours|
|Total Number of Questions||100 Marks|
|Marks Allotted for Each Right Answer||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark|
|DU PG Entrance Exam Syllabus||The syllabus for the DU PG Entrance Exam will vary from course to course.|
DU PG Exam Centres 2019
Given below is the list of expected DU PG exam centres for the entrance exam. While filling the application form candidates will be asked to pick an exam centre of their choice. Check out the list of DU PG Exam Centres 2019 below
DU PG Admit Card 2019
Delhi University will release the admit card for PG admissions in online mode. The DU PG Admit Card 2019 will be released in 1st week of June 2019. The candidates will require their credentials to download their DU admit card. While taking out the print out of the same make sure that the photograph is visible. Along with the DU PG admit card candidate will have to carry one of the ID proof as well.
DU PG Admission Reservation Criteria 2019
Check out the DU reservation for postgraduate courses in detail below:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) - 27%
- Scheduled Caste (SC)- 15%
- ScheduledTribe (ST)- 7%
DU PG Admission Selection Procedure 2019
There are two modes for admission to Delhi University postgraduate courses. However, for certain professional and inter-disciplinary courses, the selection is on the basis of entrance exam only. The two modes of admission at Delhi University are explained in detail below:
DU Admissions Through Entrance Exam: Out of the total intake, 50% of the seats are to be through an entrance exam, followed by group discussion and personal interview.
DU Admissions Through Merit (Direct Admission): The remaining 50% of the seats are to be filled through direct admission. Direct admissions are done on the basis of merit. For the same, DU comes out with a cut-off list to confirm the admission as per the students choice.
Check out the list of postgraduate courses for which DU conducted Group Discussion/ Personal Interview along with their weightage:
|M.A. in Social Work||15%|
|M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology/ Operational Research/ Informatics/ / Applied Operational Research/Mathematics Education||15%|
|MA Italian/ French/Italian/Hispanic/||15%|
For more news and updates related to DU PG Admissions, stay tuned to collegedekho!