- How to Apply for DU PG Admission 2023: Mid Entry
- DU PG Admission 2023
- DU PG Admission Dates 2023
- DU PG Admission Application Process 2023
- DU PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
- Courses Offered in DU for PG Admissions
- DU PG Selection Criteria
- DU PG Admit Card 2023
- DU PG Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2023
- DU PG Result 2023
- DU PG Counselling Process 2023
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The University of Delhi (DU) has announced the spot admission round for postgraduate (PG) programmes. The vacant seats against the PG spot admission have been displayed by the university. Candidates who applied for CSAS PG 2023 but were not admitted to any DU PG programme at the time of the announcement of vacant seats for spot admission are eligible to participate in this round. To be considered for the DU PG admission spot round, candidates must select 'Spot Round' from their dashboard. During the DU PG spot admission round, admitted candidates will also be given the option of upgrading to the programme to which they have already been admitted.
Following consideration of the open seats and additional admission criteria, the university might announce additional spot admission rounds. The PG applicants have been urged by DU to frequently check the university's admissions website, admission.uod.ac.in.
Between September 19 and September 21 (4:59 pm), applicants can apply for the spot admission round and change their preferences. On September 23, the university will announce the spot admission round allocations, and applicants may accept the seats between September 23 (11 am) and September 24 (4:59 pm). From September 23 to September 25, the departments and colleges will examine and approve the online applications. The deadline for candidates competing in the DU spot admission round to submit their online application fees is September 26, 2023.
How to Apply for DU PG Admission 2023: Mid Entry
Candidates can apply online by following the steps outlined below.
- Visit the official DU website at du.ac.in.
- On the home page, click the DU PG admissions link.
- A new page will open with the login link for candidates.
- Enter the necessary information and press the submit button.
- Fill out the application form and pay the application fees.
- Submit the page by clicking the submit button.
- Make a hard copy for future reference.
DU PG Admission 2023
The DU PG 2023 second admissions list was published by Delhi University on August 25. For the DU PG First Admission List 2023, 23 August, 2023 was the deadline for payment. University of Delhi had released the DU PG First Allotment on August 17, 2023 on the official website. According to the official schedule, the varsity published the first allotment of DU PG at 05:00 PM. Candidates who have successfully registered on the CSAS PG portal before the deadline have been shortlisted. The university has released DU PG first allotment at admission.uod.ac. in. Candidates can access the first allotment from this page as well. All the candidates who have been shortlisted in the DU PG 1st allotment must confirm the admission between August 17, 2023 (05:00 PM) to August 20, 2023 (04:59 PM.) The direct link to download DU PG first allotment has been provided below.
|DU PG First Allotment 2023- ( Activated)|
Common University Entrance Test (CUET PG) will be used to determine DU PG admission 2023. Candidates seeking admission to PG programmes at DU-affiliated colleges must take the CUET PG exam. DU PG admissions 2023 will begin following the result. Candidates who took the CUET examination must register online at pgadmission.uod.ac on the DU Common Seat Allocation Portal (CSAS PG). The selection will be based on CUET PG scores and academic qualifications.
Please Note: Candidates seeking admission to Delhi University's postgraduate programmes must apply through the DU admission portal - admission.uod.ac.in. The merit list will be compiled using CUET PG scores (except for programmes that require an Audition Test/Sports Proficiency Test, etc.). For PG courses, seat allocations will be handled through Delhi University's Common Seat Allocation Portal (CSAS PG).
DU PG Admission Dates 2023
DU PG admissions for 2023 have begun through the Common Seat Allocation System (CSAS) portal. The deadline to apply for DU PG admissions is August 10, 2023. Candidates who took the CUET PG examination can register online at pgadmission.uod.ac.in, the CSAS(PG) portal.
Check out the DU PG Admission Important Dates 2023 here.
|CUET PG 2023 Exam Date||June 5 - June 30, 2023|
|CUET PG 2023 Result||July 20, 2023|
|DU CSAS(PG) Registrations Start Date||July 27, 2023|
|DU CSAS(PG) Registrations Last Date||August 10, 2023|
|CSAS(PG) Round 1|
|Declarations of CSAS(PG) 2023 First Allocation List||August 17, 2023|
|Candidates to “Accept” the Allocated Seat||August 17 – August 20, 2023|
|Department/ College/ Centre to Verify and Approve the Online Applications||August 17 – August 21, 2023|
|Last Date of Online Payment of Fees||August 22, 2023|
|CSAS(PG) Round 2|
|Declarations of CSAS(PG) 2023 Second Allocation List||August 25, 2023|
|Candidates to “Accept” the Allocated Seat||August 25 – August 28, 2023|
|Department/ College/ Centre to Verify and Approve the Online Applications||August 26 – August 29, 2023|
|Last Date of Online Payment of Fees||August 30, 2023|
|Mid-Entry||August 31 – September 01, 2023|
|CSAS(PG) Round 3|
|Declarations of CSAS(PG) 2023 Third Allocation List||September 04, 2023|
|Candidates to “Accept” the Allocated Seat||September 04 – September 07, 2023|
|Department/ College/ Centre to Verify and Approve the Online Applications||September 05 – September 08, 2023|
|Last Date of Online Payment of Fees||September 09, 2023|
|DU PG Admission 2023 Mid Entry: Applicattion||September 19, 2023|
Delhi University offers admission to PG courses in various streams such as arts and humanities, science, information technology, management, commerce, etc. MA, MCom, MCA, MTech, LL.M, MSc, MBA, PGDCA are the courses offered by Delhi University. There are a number of PG specialisations in these courses that a candidate can choose as per their career interest.
DU PG Admission Application Process 2023
The steps for applying for admission to DU are as follows:
- For admission to PG courses at Delhi University, go to admission.uod.ac.in.
- As a first-time user, the candidate should go to "New Applicant Sign Up" and create a user account by clicking the "New Registration" link
- The candidate should fill out all of the required information on the "Create New Account" page
- The candidate should confirm his/her email address and password because they will be used for admission purposes in the future
- Finally, the candidate should select "Register" to create a new user account
- When the registration account is created, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address/mobile number
- The applicant must access the UG/PG/PhD admission portal after registering to complete the online registration form
- The candidate must enter their "registered email-id" as their username and "password" under the "Registered Applicant Sign In" tab
- The candidate must fill out the registration form, which is divided into the following nine sections, after logging in:
- Personal information and bank details.
- Academic information.
- Selection of courses based on merit.
- Selection of courses based on entrance.
- Under sports quota; the applicant may check the box marked "Yes" to be taken into consideration for admission under the sports quota in this section.
- Under the ECA quota; the applicant has the option to select "Yes" in this section if they want to be considered for admission under the ECA quota.
- Uploads: Passport-size photo, signature, Class X certificate or mark sheet, Class XII mark sheet with self-attestation, and certificates with self-attestation.
- The applicant may preview the finished application in this section.
- The candidate must further proceed to payment selection and complete the process by making the payment.
DU PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
Delhi University has certain eligibility criteria for admission to PG courses. The candidates must meet the DU PG eligibility criteria 2023 to participate in the admission process. All the applicants interested in DU PG Admissions must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for the PG course they are applying for. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility will not be allowed to appear in the entrance exam. The DU PG eligibility criteria course wise is given in detail below:
- Candidates seeking DU admission to MA programmes must have completed a BA in the relevant field.
- For DU admission to the MSc programme, applicants must have completed a BSc or its equivalent in the relevant field with at least 55% of the required marks.
- For DU admission to MCom, candidates must hold a BCom or a degree of equal standing.
- For DU admission to MTech, candidates must have completed a BE/ BTech or equivalent in the relevant subject with 60% or higher marks.
- For DU admission to the MCA programme, applicants must have at least 60% in their undergraduate degree programme with mathematics as a required subject in their 10+2 or hold a certificate from a computer course that has a minimum duration of three months.
- For DU admission to LLM, candidates must have received an LLB degree from the University of Delhi or from any other Indian or foreign university that the University of Delhi has recognised as equivalent, with a minimum grade of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC/CW/PwD categories).
- For DU admission to M Ed programme, a candidate must have completed a B Ed or its equivalent with at least a 50% grade.
- For DU admission to M P Ed programme, a candidate must have completed a B P Ed or its equivalent, or a BSc in Health and Physical Education, with at least a 50% grade.
Courses Offered in DU for PG Admissions
Admission to postgraduate courses at DU is available in the Arts, Commerce, Science, and other Faculties/Departments. MA, MCom, and MSc are the most popular postgraduate programmes at Delhi University. A bachelor's degree from a recognised university is the minimum requirement for PG admission at DU. Admission to PG courses at Delhi University in 2023 will be based on CUET PG scores. DU offers two-year postgraduate courses in a variety of specialisations, which are listed below:
Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Social Work, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Statistics, English, Hindi, Linguistics, Bengali, Comparative Indian Literature, Tamil, Persian, Arabic
Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Physics, Electronics, Genetics, Informatics, Microbiology, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Anthropology, Forensic Science, Botany, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Geology
M Lib I Sc
M P Ed
Master of Operational Research
Master of Journalism
Master of Physiotherapy
DU PG Selection Criteria
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET PG) is used to determine admission to DU PG in 2023. The selection will be based on CUET PG scores and a personal interview conducted by the respective department.
- 50% of the seats will be filled through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) and interviews/group discussions
- 50% of the total intake will be filled through direct admission of Delhi University students solely on the basis of merit
DU PG Admit Card 2023
The CUET PG Admit Card 2023 was released on June 3, 2023. The CUET PG 2023 exam will be held from June 5 to 17, 2023 and June 21 - 23, 2023.The CUET PG 2023 Admit Cards will be available online a few days before the CUET PG exam 2023. The admit card for CUET PG 2023 will be issued to aspirants who successfully complete the CUET PG 2023 application form.
Candidates should be aware that the CUET PG Admit Card 2023 is an important document. The candidate must bring their CUET PG Admit Card to the exam centre or they will be unable to sit for the exam. The CUET PG Admit Card 2023 will include all pertinent information, such as the date and shift/time. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the CUET PG exam 2023 unless they have an Admit Card. Applicants will be able to access the CUET 2023 PG admit card by entering their application number, password, or date of birth.
DU PG Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2023
The National Testing Agency has released the CUET PG Exam Pattern 2023.The CUET PG Exam Pattern 2023 provides students with a thorough understanding of the structure of the question paper. The CUET PG 2023 exam will be held in Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode, according to the CUET PG exam pattern 2023. Except for language and Sahitya papers, the exam will be administered in both Hindi and English (Bilingual).According to the CUET PG exam pattern 2023, each question paper will have a total of 100 MSQs. Part A of the question paper will consist of 25 questions on Language Comprehension/Verbal Ability, and Part B will consist of 75 domain-specific questions. The CUET PG exam 2023 will last two hours in total.
The CUET PG exam 2023 will be administered in two sessions per day. Candidates interested in taking the entrance exam should review the CUET PG Syllabus 2023 as well as the CUET PG exam pattern 2023. It would aid them in covering important topics and units prior to the exam.
Click here for DU PG Syllabus 2023!
DU PG Result 2023
The DU (CUET) PG Result 2023 was out on July 20, 2023. The NTA publishes the CUET PG 2023 results online. The CUET PG Result 2023 will be displayed as a scorecard. To download the DU PG 2023 result, candidates must enter their login credentials. The candidate's name, programme name, category, gender, qualifying rank, and qualifying rank are all included in the CUET PG 2023 result.
The CUET PG 2023 results will be based on the exam's final answer keys. The respective CUET PG participating colleges will release the counselling/admission schedule and merit list based on the CUET (PG) - 2023 score and other University criteria after NTA announces the CUET (PG) - 2023 result. The results will show the marks earned in each section as well as the overall score. The central universities will release a separate merit list based on the candidates' marks to shortlist the deserving candidates.
DU PG Counselling Process 2023
The DU PG 2023 Counselling Process will begin once the scorecard and results of the CUET PG 2023 exam are available. The CUET PG participating universities will each conduct their own CUET PG Counselling 2023.The NTA will release the CUET PG 2023 Result online. The respective CUET PG Participating Colleges will release their respective cutoffs once it has been announced. Only candidates who meet the CUET PG Cutoff 2023 are required to participate in the CUET PG 2023 counselling process.
The students opting for DU PG admissions for the academic session of 2023-2024 can refer to this article and keep a check on this page for further updates and date releases. If you have any questions, visit our QnA section and feel free to write your queries to us.
For further news/articles and updates related to DU PG Admissions 2023, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!