Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
SLAT or the Symbiosis Law Admission Test is the common entrance exam for admission to 4 Symbiosis Law Schools - SLS Pune, SLS Hyderabad, SLS Nagpur, and SLS Noida. This exam is held in online mode and its duration is 60 minutes for 60 MCQs. Candidates who wish to appear and are eligible for SLAT 2022 must know the entire selection process along with WAT and PI.
The SLAT exam carries only 50% weightage in the admission process whereas the remaining 50% weightage is carried by the WAT and PI rounds. So preparing for WAT and PI is equally important for SLAT 2022 admissions. Read the entire article to learn how to prepare for SLAT 2022 WAT and PI.
SLAT 2022 PI and WAT Round
SLAT is a common exam for all the candidates but the Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) is conducted separately by the affiliated law school. Last year i.e. in 2021, WAT was conducted with SLAT due to COVID-19.
SLAT 2022 Personal Interview and Written Ability Test round is conducted by law schools participating in the SLAT admission process. A candidate can only appear for the PI of the college that they have selected at the time of SLAT registration.
For instance, if a candidate has selected Symbiosis Law School of Pune for admission then he/she cannot appear for the PI round of SLS Noida. Although, a candidate has the option of registering in more than one college for admission. In such cases, the candidate will have to appear for the Personal Interview round of each college separately.
SLAT 2022 Written Ability Test (WAT)
The Written Ability Test or WAT round will consist of 20 marks. In this section, the candidates will have to write a short essay on a given topic. The topics are generally related to political, social, or legal issues. Here are a few ways in which you can prepare well for this round.
Tips to Prepare for SLAT WAT 2022:
- Read a lot: Reading will help in improving your vocabulary as well as widening your thought process. We recommend you to read about the current affairs and political issues in the country.
- Write a lot: Apart from reading, writing can also help. If one can practice writing at least one topic every single day, it might help a lot. Also, make sure that your handwriting is readable and your grammar is on point.
- Manage Time: Time management is important for any competitive or entrance exam. Try writing about the same topics in different time durations as in 10-15 minutes.
- Make a quick frame: Reading books and newspapers will help you gain more knowledge about different topics. It will also help you make a quick frame of the topic given to you.
- Make it interesting: Personal examples tend to bore the reader. Try writing facts as it makes your essay more interesting.
Last Year's WAT Questions:
Here are the WAT questions that were asked to the candidates in the SLAT 2021 admission process.
- Law has unfolded many shades of dignity in India. However, women continue to be within the shackles of patriarchal discrimination and violence.
- Use of Information and Communication Technology in the Indian Judicial system.
Also Read:SLAT 2022 Subject-Wise Preparation Tips
SLAT 2022 Personal Interview (PI)
The round of Personal Interaction tends to analyse the personal attributes, inclination towards law as a career, communication skills, overall personality, extracurricular and co-curricular activities, and elementary knowledge of the law of a candidate. This round consists of 30 marks and here are some tips to score the most in it:
Tips to Prepare for SLAT PI 2022:
- Stay confident: Make sure that you have an eye to eye contact with the interviewer. Don’t feel nervous and try to make interesting conversations. Remember, confidence is the most important thing that can help you crack any interview.
- Communication skills: Communication is the prime reason why many students fail in such interviews. While communicating with the interviewer, make sure you have the technical and general knowledge about some common topics. This will certainly dazzle the interviewer.
- Be polite and honest: Your thoughts might differ from the interviewer. Don’t lie just to impress them. Be honest about your opinion and yourself but be polite. In case you don't know the answer to the questions asked, the interviewer might provide you with the right answer.
- Drive the interview in areas where you are strong: To drive the interview in the areas of your strength is extremely important. The more you try to divert the topics which you are comfortable discussing, the higher are your the chances to showcase your talent and getting selected by the interviewer.
- Be on time: Respect time and do not show up late for the interview, the interviewer has a lot of interviews to take. Being late will give the wrong impression. Whereas being on time will show how dedicated you are and how composed you can be for the interview.
Common Questions Asked in PI:
Here are some common questions that are asked in the PI rounds of law college admissions:
- What are Human Rights? Why are they important to us?
- What is the Fundamental Right in the context of the Indian Constitution?
- What do you understand by Environmental Law?
Also Read:SLAT 2022 Important Dates (Released)
We hope this article will help you to prepare better for SLAT 2022 WAT and PI. If there is anything else you would want to know about then feel free to send your doubts through our Q&A Zone. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates on law admissions in India.