- What is Post Basic B.Sc Nursing?
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Important Dates 2020
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Application Process ..
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria..
- IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam Pattern
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Fee 2020
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2020
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result 2020
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Selection Process 20..
- Related Articles:
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, or IGNOU, has established itself at the best open university in the country. It offers a plethora of courses to everyone, regardless of their age and qualification too for some programmes. If any individual wishes to pursue a course, they can easily get enrolled at IGNOU and receive the best course content of that subject.
One of the most popular courses at IGNOU is the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing programme. Every year, a massive number of candidates apply to seek admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course of IGNOU. This article contains all the information regarding IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admission 2020. Candidates interested in applying for the programme can find all the details regarding the course here.
What is Post Basic B.Sc Nursing?
The difference between B.Sc Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is a common confusion that people have. These two courses do not have many differences but their course structure is quite unlike each other. B.Sc Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing, is a graduation level course the duration of which is four years. The objectives, eligibility criteria, selection process, and job prospects of B.Sc Nursing are quite different from that of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, which is also referred to as P.B.B.Sc Nursing, is an undergraduate course which traverses the same objectives as that of B.Sc Nursing. It is the best choice for candidates who wish to pursue a career as a nurse. The duration of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (P.B.B.Sc Nursing) is two years. This course offers a holistic mixture of proper training and classroom lectures. The aim of this course is to create nurses who are healthcare professionals and possess expertise in working at hospitals or outpatient facilities. Nurses are two-thirds of the health workforce in India. Their central roles in health care delivery in terms of promotion, prevention, treatment, care, and rehabilitation are highly significant. . It trains students by providing them with experiential learning in order to enhance their skills and help them in gaining mastery in fetching the best care to patients. They are taught to monitor the medical condition of their patients, administer medications, maintain records, communicate with doctors, etc. Students can also pursue higher studies after completing the course of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and go for the masters or doctoral level too.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Important Dates 2020
Students who wish to apply for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course at IGNOU must keep track of the important dates regarding IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions 2020. The important dates regarding IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions 2020 are given in the table below. Students who are interested in applying for the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course at IGNOU can apply as per the dates mentioned below.
Commencement of IGNOU OPENNET Application Process
Last day for submission of application forms
Release of OPENNET admit card
IGNOU OPENNET 2020
Declaration of results
October - November 2020
Completion of the admission process
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Application Process 2020
The application process for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course 2020 can be carried out in the online mode. Students have to complete the registration process of OPENNET exam 2020 in order to be considered for admission to the course. The admission to IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the OPENNET exam. The steps to apply for IGNOU OPENNET 2020 are given below. The candidates follow these steps to complete their IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing application process 2020.
- Visit the official website of IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University).
- Find the section titled “Alerts” on the home page.
- You will find a link with the title “Online Application Form for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme”.
- Click on the link and you will be taken to a different page.
- Register yourself for OPENNET 2020 by entering your name and password on that page.
- You will register yourself successfully after entering the verification code given on that page.
- Proceed to fill the form after the registration process is over.
- Fill in the personal and academic details of yourself that are asked for.
- Choose the city and center you wish to make your study center. Candidates prefer choosing centres that are near to where they reside.
- Upload scanned copies of your academic records, mark sheets, etc.
- Upload your signature and photograph (scanned).
- Make the payment for the form online (through net banking, credit card, or debit card).
- Take a print out of the form.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2020 are given below. Candidates have to fulfil the conditions that have been set by IGNOU in order to be permitted to sit for the OPENNET 2019 exam. It goes without saying that applicants who fail at fulfilling the IGNOU Post basic B.Sc Nursing eligibility criteria 2020 will not be considered for admission, nor will they be allowed to sit for the entrance exam. Therefore, it is highly recommended to go through the eligibility criteria of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing at IGNOU before proceeding with the application process of OPENNET 2020.
- The applicant must have completed his/ her class 12th (higher secondary) education from a school that comes under a recognised board.
- The applicants who have completed 10 + 1 are also considered eligible to apply for the course.
- The student must belong to the science stream (in class 12th) with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- The applicants should have mandatorily registered themselves in the Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (abbreviated as R.N.R.M.) with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- The candidates must also have obtained a certificate or a diploma, that is of a duration of three years, in GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery).
- The applicants must also have a proof of training that is to be given to them by the Indian Nursing Council or its equivalent.
- The male applicants who have not done midwifery in General Nursing and Midwifery must have a certificate in any of the nursing courses. The duration of these courses should be about 6 to 9 months. The courses must be prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) in lieu of midwifery.
- In-service nurses who have cleared class 12th and have a diploma in GNM should have work experience of at least two years and they must come under R.N.R.M.
- The in-service nurses who have cleared class 10th or its equivalent and have a diploma in GNM should have work experience of five years.
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IGNOU OPENNET 2020 is given below. Candidates planning to appear for the exam can get a fair idea of how the exam is conducted for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions 2020. The details of IGNOU OPENNET 2020 are explained in the table given below.
Mode of exam
Offline (answers to be marked on an OMR sheet)
Type of questions
Objective, Multiple Choice type Questions (MCQs)
+1 for every correct answer, 0 for every wrong answer
2 hours 30 minutes
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Fee 2020
The fee of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing at IGNOU can change as per the university. Candidates must check if there have been any alterations in the total amount. The fee structure of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is given below.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
Rs. 18,000 per annum
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2020
IGNOU will release the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admit card 2020. The candidates can download the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc nursing hall ticket by entering their username and password and report to the examination center. In case candidates are unable to download the admit card, they can contact the regional center for the same.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result 2020
IGNOU will release the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result 2020. Students who have qualified the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing exam will have to undergo counselling process. The counselling process for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme January session for qualified candidates will take place at the regional centres based on region-wise Rank and availability of the seats.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Selection Process 2020
The admission for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is done region-wise and on the basis of the merit of candidates in the common entrance test, OPENNET. The Regional Centres of IGNOU where the study centers for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme are responsible for the counselling process of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and admissions to the course.
IGNOU will release merit lists that will be region-based after the OPENNET 2020 results are out. Candidates will then be called for the counselling process of the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course of IGNOU if they clear the cutoff benchmark. Admission to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is done only on the basis of merit and marks scored by the candidate in the OPENNET exam. The work experience of all candidates is also considered while shortlisting them.
Click on the link given below to know more:
CollegeDekho will provide you with more news and updates regarding the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and IGNOU admissions 2020. Stay connected!