- What is Post-Basic B.Sc Nursing?
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Important Dates 2023
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Application Process 2023
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2023
- IGNOU OPENNET 2023 Exam Pattern
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing OPENNET Exam Syllabus:
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Fee 2023
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2023
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result 2023
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Selection Process 2023
- Related Articles
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, or IGNOU, has established itself as the best open university in the country. It offers a plethora of courses to everyone, regardless of age and qualification too for some programs. If any individual wishes to pursue a course, they can easily get enrolled at IGNOU and receive the best course content of that subject. IGNOU PB BSc Nursing exam for January session was successfully held on January 8, 2023. The IGNOU PB BSc Nursing result was declared on March 31. The schedule for the upcoming exam session will be out soon and will be shared on this page as soon as it is released.
One of the most popular courses at IGNOU is the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing programme. Every year, a massive number of candidates apply to seek admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course of IGNOU. This article contains all the information regarding IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admission 2023. Candidates interested in applying for the programme can find all the details regarding the course here.
What is Post-Basic B.Sc Nursing?
The difference between BSc Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is a common confusion that people have. These two courses do not have many differences but their course structure is quite unlike each other. B.Sc Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing, is a graduation-level course the duration of which is four years. The objectives, eligibility criteria, selection process, and job prospects of B.Sc Nursing are quite different from that of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, which is also referred to as P.B.B.Sc Nursing, is an undergraduate course which traverses the same objectives as that of B.Sc Nursing. It is the best choice for candidates who wish to pursue a career as a nurse. The duration of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (P.B.B.Sc Nursing) is two years. This course offers a holistic mixture of proper training and classroom lectures. The aim of this course is to create nurses who are healthcare professionals and possess expertise in working at hospitals or outpatient facilities.
Nurses are two-thirds of the health workforce in India. Their central roles in health care delivery in terms of promotion, prevention, treatment, care, and rehabilitation are highly significant. . It trains students by providing them with experiential learning in order to enhance their skills and help them in gaining mastery in fetching the best care to patients. They are taught to monitor the medical condition of their patients, administer medications, maintain records, communicate with doctors, etc. Students can also pursue higher studies after completing the course of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and go for the masters or doctoral level too.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Important Dates 2023
Students who are interested in Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course at IGNOU must keep track of the important dates regarding IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions 2023. The January session important dates regarding the admissions are given in the table below.
January Session Dates
Commencement of IGNOU OPENNET Application Process
Last day for submission of application forms
December 25, 2022, upto 6 PM
Release of OPENNET admit card
|January 3, 2023|
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Entrance Exam
|January 8, 2023|
Declaration of results
March 31, 2023
To be Announced
Completion of the admission process
|To be Announced|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Application Process 2023
The application process for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course 2023 can be carried out in online mode. Students have to complete the registration process of OPENNET exam 2023 in order to be considered for admission to the course. Admission to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the OPENNET exam. The steps to apply for the exam are given below. The candidates follow these steps to complete their application.
- Visit the official website of IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University).
- Find the section titled “Alerts” on the home page.
- You will find a link with the title “Online Application Form for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme”.
- Click on the link and you will be taken to a different page.
- Register yourself for OPENNET 2023 by entering your name and password on that page.
- You will register yourself successfully after entering the verification code given on that page.
- Proceed to fill the form after the registration process is over.
- Fill in the personal and academic details of yourself that are asked for.
- Choose the city and centre you wish to make your study centre. Candidates prefer choosing centres that are near to where they reside.
- Upload scanned copies of your academic records, mark sheets, etc.
- Upload your signature and photograph (scanned).
- Make the payment for the form online (through net banking, credit card, or debit card).
- Take a print out of the form.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 are given below. Candidates have to fulfil the conditions that have been set by IGNOU in order to be permitted to sit for the OPENNET 2019 exam. It goes without saying that applicants who fail at fulfilling the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing eligibility criteria 2023 will not be considered for admission, nor will they be allowed to sit for the entrance exam. Therefore, it is highly recommended to go through the eligibility criteria of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing at IGNOU before proceeding with the application process of the exam.
- The applicant must have completed his/ her class 12th (higher secondary) education from a school that comes under a recognised board.
- The applicants who have completed 10 + 1 are also considered eligible to apply for the course.
- The student must belong to the science stream (in class 12th) with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- The applicants should have mandatorily registered themselves in the Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (abbreviated as R.N.R.M.) with the State Nurses Registration Council.
- The candidates must also have obtained a certificate or a diploma, that is of a duration of three years, in GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery).
- The applicants must also have proof of training that is to be given to them by the Indian Nursing Council or its equivalent.
- The male applicants who have not done midwifery in General Nursing and Midwifery must have a certificate in any of the nursing courses. The duration of these courses should be about 6 to 9 months. The courses must be prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) in lieu of midwifery.
- In-service nurses who have cleared class 12th and have a diploma in GNM should have work experience of at least two years and they must come under R.N.R.M.
- The in-service nurses who have cleared class 10th or its equivalent and have a diploma in GNM should have work experience of five years.
IGNOU OPENNET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IGNOU OPENNET 2023 is given below. Candidates planning to appear for the exam can get a fair idea of how the exam is conducted for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions. The details are explained in the table given below.
Mode of exam
Offline (answers to be marked on an OMR sheet)
Type of questions
Objective, Multiple Choice type Questions (MCQs)
+1 for every correct answer, 0 for every wrong answer
2 hours 30 minutes
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing OPENNET Exam Syllabus:
Here is the syllabus of OPENNET entrance exam that will help in getting admission into the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program:
LCM and HCF, Decimals and Fractions, Number System, Simplification, Algebraic Equations, Ratios, Ages, Geometry, Percentage, Sets, Calendar, Time and Work, Profit & Loss, Logarithms, Area and Parameter, Clocks, Permutation and combinations, Volume and Surface Area, Compound Interest
Fill in the blanks, Sentences, Sentence Improvement, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pairing of words, Reading Comprehension – Passages, Idioms and Phrases, Analogous Pair
Diagrams and figures, Direction and distance, Logical reasoning, Analytical reasoning, Blood relations, Number Analogy test, Mixed and Substitution coding, Number series test, Complete word Analogy and Letter series test
World Organizations, General Knowledge, Person, Places, Awards, Sports CE, Countries, General Economic Study, National CE, Democratic Polity, General Science - Biology, Physics, Chemistry, History of India
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Fee 2023
The fee for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing at IGNOU can change as per the university. Candidates must check if there have been any alterations in the total amount. The fee structure of the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is given below.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
Rs. 18,000 per annum
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2023
IGNOU is responsible for releasing the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admit card in 2023. The candidates can download the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc nursing hall ticket by entering their username and password and reporting to the examination centre. In case candidates are unable to download the admit card, they can contact the regional centre for the same.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result 2023
IGNOU will release the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Result 2023 anytime soon. Students who have qualified for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing exam will have to undergo a counselling process. The counselling process for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme January session for qualified candidates will take place at the regional centres based on region-wise Rank and availability of the seats.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Selection Process 2023
The admission for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is done region-wise and on the basis of the merit of candidates in the common entrance test, OPENNET. The Regional Centres of IGNOU where the study centres for the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme are responsible for the counselling process of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and admissions to the course.
IGNOU will release merit lists that will be region-based after the OPENNET 2023 results are out. Candidates will then be called for the counselling process of the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course of IGNOU if they clear the cutoff benchmark. Admission to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is done only on the basis of merit and marks scored by the candidate in the OPENNET exam. The work experience of all candidates is also considered while shortlisting them.
Click on the link given below to know more:
CollegeDekho will provide you with more news and updates regarding the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and IGNOU admissions 2023. Stay connected!