Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Mumbai University is considered as one of the largest universities in the country with more than 700 affiliated colleges. The colleges affiliated to Mumbai University not only offer a wide range of courses in different streams at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels (UG, PG, M.Phil and PhD) but also equip students with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure. The faculty at Mumbai University colleges is well experienced and have held several top positions in the past.
Year after year, a large number of students seek admission in the top colleges affiliated to Mumbai University. Some appear for entrance tests for admissions at MU or grab a seat on the basis of their score in the Maharashtra state board exams. However, admission to UG courses offered by the university are done on the basis of merit lists. Aspirants from other states also apply in large numbers at the prestigious colleges of Mumbai University. The Mumbai University admission process 2020 is going on and students are confused about which MU affiliated college to choose.
CollegeDekho brings you a list of the popular colleges affiliated to Mumbai University along with an in-depth understanding of Mumbai University admission process below.
Popular Colleges Affiliated to Mumbai University
Name of the College
Popular UG Courses
Popular PG Courses
N.R Swamy College of Commerce and Economics
Sonubhau Baswant College of Arts & Commerce
Kinhavalis Arts, Commerce & Science College
R. K. Talreja College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Abhinav College of Arts, Commerce and Science
Royal College of Arts, Science & Commerce
Shankar Narayan College of Arts & Commerce
B.N. Bandookar College of Science
Mumbai University UG & PG Admission Process
- The admission to UG & PG courses offered by Mumbai University is mostly based on merit.
- After the issue of official notification, students will have to submit the pre-admission form through the official website.
- After filling the admission form, the candidates will have to take the printout of admission form and submit it to the respective college.
- Mumbai University will declare the first cut-off list for various courses in June. Please note that the cut-off is not same in all the colleges.
- If the candidates satisfy the cut-off prescribed by the specific college, he/ she can visit the college and seek admission.
- Students will have to get their certificates and relevant documents verified while seeking admission.
- The varsity will prescribe a specific deadline for the remittance of fee and confirmation of admission.
- The candidates will have to complete the admission formations before the stipulated deadline.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the remittance of the course fee.
- For some PG courses, affiliated colleges may conduct interviews or written test. The admission will be granted based on the percentage of UG, performance in interview/written test.
- If the candidates do not get admission based on the first cut-off, they can wait for the second cut-off list which will be released in the last week of June.
- The varsity will release the third, fourth, fifth and sixth cut-off lists subsequently depending on the number of seats left vacant after each round of admission.
So, if you have completed your class 12th and are now seeking admission in Mumbai University affiliated colleges, we hope that the above information is helpful for you. If you need any admissions-related guidance, please fill out our CAF (Common Application Form) and our experts will help you throughout the process. Good luck!