Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
NIFT Entrance Exam is conducted to offer admission to various design courses such as B.Des, and B.FTech, for the undergraduate program, M.F.M, M.Des, and M.FTech for the post-graduation programs and doctoral programs in their campuses all over the country. NIFT 2022 exam for UG and PG programs is going to be held on February 6, 2022. The NIFT Entance Exam 2022 will be conducted online proctored mode due to the staggering surge in COVID-19 cases.
Here are some of the particulars regarding the exam:
- The CAT (Creative Ability Test) will be conducted from 10 am to 1 pm, followed by the GAT (General Ability Test) from 2.30 to 4.30 pm.
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Des and M.Des courses should appear for both the written tests (CAT and GAT).
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their scores in CAT and GAT will go through the next level i.e., the Situation Test.
- However, candidates who are seeking admissions for B.FTech, M.F.Tech courses need to only appear in the GAT test.
- The last date to fill the form for NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 is over.
- The NIFT 2022 admit cards with the details like allotted exam centers, roll number, reporting time and date and time of the exam has been issued to the applicants from January 29 onwards
Tips for Effective Time Utilization before NIFT Entrance Exam Result
Now, wondering what to do before the exam results are out? CollegeDekho has listed some of the points that you can go through while anticipating the results.
- After you appear for the NIFT Entrance Exam, you must prepare yourself for the next rounds depending on the program that you have chosen. There are ideally three further rounds conducted for the candidates who have successfully cleared the NIFT Entrance Exam.
- Situation Test
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Refer to the following table for details according to the program that you have opted for:
Type of Exam
B. F. Tech
M. F. Tech
- It is advised that you stay focused and practice regularly to improve upon your presentation skills for the upcoming rounds.
- The candidates who have filled their application form for B. Des should start prepping up for the Situation Test.
- NIFT 2022 Situation Test will be conducted to assess a candidate's skills of creativity and material handling in a particular situation with a given set of materials. This is a competitive level that will hold 20% weightage in the final merit.
- The candidates who have opted for M.Des, M.F.Tech, and MFM should focus on their GD/PI rounds. You should work on improving your communication and presentation skills.
- In the Personal Interview round, the candidates will be assessed by an Interview Panel based on their academic and co-curricular accomplishments, creative and lateral thinking capability, communication skills, career alignment, and suitability for the chosen program.
Also Read:NIFT Entrance Exam Pattern 2022
Hope these tips would help you in planning out your course of action after you appear for the NIFT exam 2022. Refer to CollegeDekho for further updates on the details of the NIFT admission process. All the best!