Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CPET 2022 - On July 25, the Odisha Higher Education Department released the Odisha CPET admit card 2022 online at pg.samsodisha.gov.in. The Odisha State Higher Education Council's Higher Authority will hold the Odisha CPET exam 2022 from August 1 to 13. On August 25, the CPET subject-wise state wide merit list 2022 will be released. From August 25 to 30, the CPET 2022 choice filling facility will be available. Candidates interested in admission to affiliated colleges should complete and submit the CPET 2022 application form by July 17. Candidates who pass the Odisha CPET 2022 exam will be admitted to a variety of postgraduate courses.
MSc Zoology is a two-year postgraduate degree programme devoted to the study of animals. The programme delves deeply into animal biology, behaviour, and structure. A bachelor's degree in Medical Sciences, Allied Sciences, Biosciences, or any Life Sciences specialisation is required for candidates interested in pursuing a Master of Science in Zoology. They must have received at least 50% of their undergraduate marks from a recognised university. It is a two-year programme with four semesters. Admission is either based on merit or through university-level entrance exams. As part of the admissions process, some institutes conduct personal interviews.
Odisha CPET 2022 for MSc Zoology once conducted, the merit list is about to release. Candidates who will be featured in the merit list for the MSc Zoology course will be eligible to take admitted to any of the participating colleges mentioned on this page. After the merit list is out, the candidates will have to participate in the counselling process and fill out the college options from the list mentioned below. The seat allotment process follows next where the candidates need to report to the allotted college. As the number of seats offered in MSc Zoology course through CPET is limited, the competition for admission will be high. Apart from the CPET participating institutes, direct admission without CPET scores is possible. The list of colleges that accept direct admission in MSc Zoology without CPET can also be checked on this page.
MSc Zoology Eligibility Criteria
To apply for admission, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria established by the institutes. The following are the general criteria followed by most institutes:
- A BSc degree in Zoology or other Allied Medical Sciences with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognised institute is required
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 exams from a state-recognized board
List of MSc Zoology Colleges Offering Admission Through Odisha CPET 2022
The list of Odisha CPET MSc Zoology colleges along with their seat matrix have been provided in the table below -
Name of Institution/College
Annual Intake Capacity
North Orissa University
Government (Autonomous) College, Angul
Samanta Chandra Sekhar (Autonomous) College
Rayagada (Autonomous) College
Government (Autonomous) College
List of MSc Zoology Colleges for Direct Admission without Odisha CPET 2022
Here is the list of popular colleges that accept direct admission in MSc Zoology course without Odisha CPET score -
|Centurion University of Technology & Management, Bhubaneswar||Centurion University, Balangir|
MSc Zoology Admission Process
The top institutes in the country that offer MSc Zoology admit students based on an entrance examination or previous academic records. The entrance exam dates are announced much earlier. The following steps can be taken to secure admission to MSc Zoology.
- Step 1: Track down the entrance examination notice for the institute to which you wish to apply. The institutes will announce registration dates in advance
- Step 2: Register for and take the examination. Look for the syllabus and, if available, past papers. Timely practise will be beneficial for the final examination
- Step 3: If the candidate passes the examination and scores higher than the minimum cut-off, they will be invited to an interview
- Step 4: Attend your personal interview. Interviews are usually conducted with the institute or college's department heads
- Step 5: Candidates who have passed the personal interview round will be given an admission offer letter. To reserve their seat in the programme, they must pay the admission fee within the time frame specified
CPET 2022 Spot Admission
- The admission authority will hold CPET spot admission 2022 after the announcement of vacant seats
- Selected candidates must pay the admission fee to secure their seat
- The spot merit list will be published on September 23
- All CPET qualified candidates who were unable to gain admission to any course will be given the opportunity to participate in the CPET 2022 spot selection
- All 'non-admitted' candidates are eligible to participate in the spot selection round
CPET 2022 Merit List
The first merit list for CPET 2022 will be released online on August 25. The names of those candidates who have been shortlisted for counselling will appear on the CPET merit list. After the university level merit list is released, the candidates will be contacted for counselling/admission procedures. The official CPET authorities will compile a CPET 2022 merit list for applicants based on the admission test and GD/PI rounds results (Group Discussions and Personal Interviews).
Scope of Pursuing MSc Zoology
Students who pursue a master's degree in zoology may discover that there are numerous advantages to doing so. Among the advantages are:
- Diverse career options: MSc Zoology graduates can find work in a variety of fields after graduation. They can work as zoology professors, researchers, animal trainers, wildlife experts, and so on. There are positions available in both the private and public sectors
- High salary: Because there are so many job opportunities available, the salary offered to candidates is also high. Fresh graduates can earn up to INR 2 lacs per year. The final salary will be determined by the calibre and experience of each candidate
- Animal and human welfare: By studying animal biology, anatomy, physiology, anatomy, and so on, one can begin to understand humans. Observing an animal's interaction with its environment is similar to observing how humans interact. This, in turn, will enable us to make better decisions and develop better solutions for future humans on Earth
- Increased job prospects: The job prospects for zoologists and other similar occupations are improving. With the current state of the environment, it is becoming increasingly important to care for the animals and figure out how to best preserve their habitats. At this time, MSc Zoology graduates have the opportunity to build a successful career in this field
|List of MSc Courses after BSc Zoology||List of MSc Physics Colleges Accepting Odisha CPET 2022 Score|
|List of MSc Chemistry Colleges Accepting Odisha CPET Score||-|
For the latest Odisha CPET updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.