Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
NCHMCT has extended the last date to apply for NHTET May 2020 session to 9th October. The complete schedule for NHTET 2020 including the admit card release date, exam date, result date etc. will be announced soon.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) conducts NHTET to determine the eligibility of the candidates for the position of the Assistant Lecturer & Teaching Associates in NCHMCT and affiliated Institutes of Hotel Management (IHMs). The applicants who clear the NHTET exam will have the opportunity to apply for vacant Assistant Lecturer/ Teaching Associate posts announced by NCHMCT affiliated IHMs, government sector, PSU owned or Private Sector.
The applicants who qualify NHTET will not be eligible for the direct appointment as Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associate posts. Further, the applicants will have to undergo subsequent rounds of the selection process to be appointed as Assistant Lecturer. In all, NHTET is just a qualifying exam, and it does not hold any norms such as the direct appointment. The applicants with NHTET eligibility certificate will be eligible for a regular vacancy in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs.
NHTET May 2020 Important Dates
The application process for NHTET 2020 is over and candidates can check NHTET 2020 important dates here:
|NHTET 2020 application process commencement date||February 10, 2020|
|NHTET 2020 application process closing date||October 9, 2020|
|NHTET 2020 availability of admit card||To be announced|
|NHTET 2020 exam date||To be announced|
|NHTET 2020 answer key release date||To be announced|
|Objections on NHTET 2020 answer key||To be announced|
|NHTET 2020 results announcement date||To be announced|
NHTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Given below is the detailed NHTET eligibility criteria:
- The applicants should hold a full-time bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% marks in Hotel Management or Hospitality Administration from a recognized university. Along with the Bachelor's degree, the candidate must have at least two years industry experience or should hold a full-time master’s degree in hospitality administration or hotel management with 60% marks from a recognized university.
- The applicants who are currently in the final year can also apply. These students must make sure that they should score 60% of marks in the qualifying examinations.
- Candidates pursuing the 2nd second of Bachelor's degree course are not eligible to apply for NHTET.
- The age of applicants should not be above 35 years. However, there is a relaxation of up to three years for the candidates belonging to OBC category and up to five years relaxation for SC/ ST/ PD categories.
- The applicants belonging to the general category should be born on or after 31.12.1989, OBC applicants on or after 31.12.1986 & SC/ST& PD applicants on or after 31.12.1984.
NHTET Exam Limit
There are no restrictions for the number of attempts. A person can appear for the test within the age limit of 30 years, OBC category candidates can appear till the age of 33 and the candidates from SC/ST & PD can appear for the exam till the age of 35.
NHTET 2020 Application Process
The application process for NHTET 2020 is listed below:
- Before filling the online application, the candidates must draw a Demand Draft (DD) from any approved Bank. The DD number will be required to fill in the form.
- The NHTET application fee is Rs. 800 for General/ OBC categories and Rs. 400 for Reserved categories.
- After application fee payment, the candidates can proceed with the submission of online application for NHTET.
- The online application for NHTET 2020 can be filled and submitted only through the official website, i.e., Tourism & Hospitality Institute Management System (THIMS).
- The link to fill the online application form is available on the official website.
- The candidates must fill all the details carefully in the NHTET 2020 application form.
- All the information to be filled should be correct and spelling also be correct
- After filling the online application, the candidates must upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph, valid ID Card (Aadhaar/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Driving License).
- The candidates must take the printout of NHTET filled-in application form, and send it to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) along with DD by Speed Post.
NHTET 2020 Exam Pattern
Take a look at the table below to understand more about NHTET exam pattern.
NHTET 2020 exam is divided into Paper 1, 2 and 3. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions. The detailed NHTET 2020 exam pattern can be checked below:
Total Number of Questions
9:00 am to 11:00 am
1/2 mark for each wrong answer
1/2 mark for each wrong answer
11.30 am to 1.30 pm
|100||200||No Negative Marking|
NHTET 2020 Admit Card
NHTET 2020 admit card release date will be announced soon. Applicants can download the admit card only if they have successfully submitted the application form. The admit card for NHTET 2020 will not be sent to the candidates through post.
NHTET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of NHTET 2020 can be found below:
NHTET 2020 Answer Key
NHTET 2020 answer key release date will be announced soon. The candidates who appeared for NHTET 2020 can check the answer key as it will be very helpful for the candidates to calculate their marks with the answer key.
NHTET 2020 Result
NHTET result will be declared on the official web page of the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology and candidates can check their results. The result will be calculated on the basis of the qualifying marks in the exam.
NHTET 2020 Brochure
The latest updated brochure for NHTET May 2020 released by NCHMCT can be found below.
|NHTET May 2020 Brochure|
For the latest NHTET 2020 news and updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.