Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
SBI Clerk Salary: State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest Public Sector Bank of India with around 24000 branches all over India. SBI is the most trusted government bank of India which offers a lot of benefits for all sections of the Society. SBI releases the employment notification for a number of posts like Clerk, PO, SO, CBO, Pharmacist, IT officer and so on. However, SBI, basically, opens the employment for two categories on a regular basis: SBI Clerk and SBI PO. The SBI offers a promising career for its employees. SBI offers more salary than its counterparts bank. A job in SBI is considered as highly respectable. It offers a number of unique emoluments and allowances to its employees adding more to it's lucrative basic salary.
In this article, we will cover all the information related to SBI clerk's Salary from top-to-toe. This will include the details like Basic Salary of clerk in SBI, allowances SBI clerk gets, SBI Clerk Job Profile, Work of SBI Clerk and other important details. So all those who aspire to join the SBI Bank as a clerk would know the integral salary and other benefits that the bank offers, as these factors do serve as a strong motivation to clear the banking exams. Read the article to get all these details.
SBI Clerk Salary (Basic and In-hand Salary)
The payment, which an employee receives is a crucial factor which determines his/her satisfaction. The state Bank of India leaves no room for discontent among it's employee in this field. The Salary of SBI clerk, itself, serves as a motivation for the job seekers, to work hard to get the Job. Along with the diverse opportunities SBI provides, the SBI clerk Salary has been always pin-pointed by the bankers. These factors lead to a large number of applications for the recruitment exams of SBI.
SBI Junior Associates (Clerk) receives ₹19,900, as the basic pay. SBI also has provisions of two advance increment for this entry level post. If we talk about the In-Hand Salary of a SBI Clerk, It can be estimated that an SBI clerk gets approx. ₹25000 - ₹30000 in the staring of his career. The much awaited 11th bipartite settlement has resulted in an increase of 3000 - 4000 in the in-hand salary of an SBI clerk. The SBI clerk salary also depends upon the area of position; Rural or Urban. SBI clerk in the urban area always earns 4000-5000 more than an SBI clerk posted in a rural area. This difference in the SBI clerk salary arises due to the more allowance the clerk posted in Urban area gets.
SBI Clerk Salary structure
The Basic Salary Structure of an SBI Clerk is as followed:
- According to the latest revision in the SBI Clerk Pay scale, the salary of a SBI clerk will be ₹17900-1000/3-₹20900-1230/3-₹24590-1490/4-₹30550-1730/7-₹42600-3270/1-₹45930-1990/1-₹47920. Before the revision, the pay scale used to be ₹11765-655/3-₹13730-815/3-₹16175-980/4-₹20095-1145/7-₹28110- 2120/1-₹30230-1310/1-₹31450.
- The SBI Clerk Salary Structure signifies that the starting basic salary for a candidate is ₹17900 withtwo advance incrementof ₹1000 on the Basic paywhereas the highest Basic Salary offered to an SBI Clerk is ₹47920. Given below is the chart depicting the revised increment and the corresponding salary of an SBI clerk after these increments.
|SBI Clerk Salary Increments||SBI Clerk Salary|
|SBI Clerk Entry Level Salary||₹17,900|
|SBI Clerk Salary after 1st Increment||₹20,900|
|SBI Clerk Salary after 2nd Increment||₹24,590|
|SBI Clerk Salary after 3rd Increment||₹30,550|
|SBI Clerk Salary after 4th Increment||₹42,600|
|SBI Clerk Salary after 5th Increment||₹45,930|
|SBI Clerk Salary after 6th Increment||₹47,920|
SBI Clerk Allowances
The basic salary of an SBI clerk may seem quite regular and equivalent to any governmental job. So, what makes the SBI Clerk a lucrative Job? The answer is the allowances that an SBI Clerk gets in addition to the basic salary adds a lot of value to the profile. These allowances includes the Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Travel Allowance(TA), Leave travel Concession (LTC), Medical Allowance and many other allowances. One will be amazed to know that the SBI also offers its employees some special allowances like Newspaper Allowance, Furniture Allowance, Mobile Bill Reimbursement, etc. Apart from the basic salary of an SBI Clerk, these allowances add about the double of its value. Given below is the in-hand salary of a SBI clerk including various allowances. Check the table:
Dearness Allowance (DA)
₹6,352 (26%) as from 2021
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
Transport Allowance (TA)
It is to be noted that these allowances may differ with respect to the region of posting of an SBI Clerk. SBI Clerk posted in urban cities is always paid more than the SBI clerks posted in Villages. SBI also deducts some part of the SBI clerks' salary under the pension fund. The employee gets this amount along with the interest as the Provident Fund after this retirement.
SBI Clerk Salary Slip
The SBI Salary Slip is displayed below. Candidates can refer to the SBI Clerk Salary Slip to get clear view of the latest SBI Clerk Salary:
SBI Clerk Perks & Benefits
As we have been consistently discussing about the benefits and the emoluments the SBI offers to its Junior Associate (JA), the authority makes its employees happy by adding some more perks above their salary. These perks & benefits includes the performance based incentives, loan facility at minimal interest, financial security, Insurance facility, PF facility. SBI also has provisions for Foreign Leave Travel Concession facility in some special cases. SBI is also known for its fast promotion service. So, on an overall note, the career as an SBI Clerk is quite promising.
SBI Clerk Job Profile: Roles and Responsibilities of Junior Associate
A clerk generally carries out the public dealings in a Public Sector Bank. A clerk looks after the accounts of the bank customers, acknowledge their problems and resolve them. So, all these works makes the post of a clerk quite responsible and important in general perspective. Like every other bank, The SBI Clerk carries out the aforementioned work. SBI clerks are considered to be the main machineries of the SBI banking Institution. An SBI clerk performs out the following activities:
- SBI clerk act as a Single Window Operator (SWO). SBI Clerk performs the regular bank work like opening new accounts for the customers, helping the customers with cheque/ RTGS/ NEFT. He clears cheques, issues Bank Pass Books, Cheque Books, Demand Draft,etc. He also looks after the emails received on the official Bank Id.
- SBI Clerk acts as the Cashier. A Cashier is the person who implements the physical debit as well as credit of the bank. SBI clerk performs the duty of being a cashier, working out the practice of credit and withdrawal for the branch account holders.
- As he is the main face of the bank for the customer, he passes the important information to the customers related to the branch, banking Schemes, government schemes, etc.
- SBI clerks acknowledges the problems of their customers and put in their very efforts to resolve them.