- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Admissions 201..
- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Specialisation..
- Shivaji University M.Phil Specialisations
- Shivaji University PhD Specialisations
- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Important Date..
- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Eligibility Cr..
- How to Apply for Shivaji University M. Phil. and P..
- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Application Fe..
- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Selection Proc..
- Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Course Fee 201..
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Established in 1962, Shivaji University is situated in Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India. The university was established with 5 postgraduate departments and around 34 affiliated colleges. Currently, the number has gone up to 34 postgraduate departments and around 293 affiliated colleges. Shivaji University provides various courses in four major sectors such as Commerce and Management, Humanities, Science and Technology and Interdisciplinary Studies.
Besides this, the university also provides admission in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master in Philosophy (M.Phil) programs. This article will provide all the information required for admission to these two courses.
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Admissions 2019-20
Admission to Shivaji University is done on the basis of common entrance test, viva-voice/ common interview conducted by Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Seat allocation will be divided into two categories, home and other university categories. Candidates can check out the other details such as eligibility criteria mentioned below before proceeding for admissions.
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Specialisations 2019-20
Shivaji University, Maharashtra offers M.Phil as well as PhD degrees in various specialisations. Candidates can check the few specialisations mentioned below. Additional specialisations are available on the official website which candidates can check by visiting the official website.
Shivaji University M.Phil Specialisations
Some of the M.Phil specialisations are mentioned below:
- Business Economics
- Business Management
Shivaji University PhD Specialisations
Some of the PhD specialisations are mentioned below.
- Business Economics
- Computer Science
- Electronics Engineering
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Important Dates 2019-20
The application dates for M.Phil and PhD programs are mentioned below. Candidates can check out the important dates mentioned in the table below:
15th Aug 2019 (12:00 Noon onwards)
Last Date of Application Submission
31st Aug 2019 (till 6:00 p.m)
|Entrance Exam||September 18, 19 and 20, 2019|
Note: These dates are tentative, the university can change these without any prior notice.
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Eligibility Criteria 2019-20
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria for M.Phil and PhD degrees decided by Shivaji University in order to get admission.
- Candidates must have passed master degree program or any a professional degree equivalent to a master degree program with a minimum of 55% aggregate or grade equivalent to ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
- Candidates belonging from any of reserved categories(SC/ ST) need to score at least 50% aggregate in the master degree program in relevant discipline.
- Candidates must have passed M. Phil course at Shivaji University with at least 55% aggregate or grade equivalent to ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale to be eligible for admission in PhD degree.
- If a candidate's M.Phil dissertation has been assessed and the viva is pending, the candidate having the M.Phil degree from Shivaji University or any other degree equivalent to the M.Phil degree of an Indian institution or from a foreign institute/university are eligible for PhD admissions.
How to Apply for Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Admissions 2019-20?
Candidates who wish to take admission in any of these two programs need to follow the detailed application process given below to fill the application form:
- Candidates will have to fill the application form available online on the official website latest by August 31, 2019.
- Candidates will then have to fill the mandatory fields available on the application form.
- Once done, candidates may then take a print out of the payment slip as proof.
- The entrance test fee decided by the university is Rs.850 for open category candidates while the fee for the reserved categories is Rs. 600. The fee needs to be submitted online.
- If any candidate needs to apply for both the programs, he/she will have to submit a separate application fee for both programs.
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Application Fee 2019-20
The registration fee for the entrance test conducted for both M.Phil and PhD programs is mentioned below:
Reserved(Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes)
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Selection Process 2019-20
Selection for both the programs will be done on the basis of entrance test conducted by the University. The entrance test will be conducted for 2 hours with 50 questions from Research Methodology and 50 questions from the concerned subject. The test will be conducted at three centres namely (i) Shivaji University, Kolhapur (ii) Yashwantrao Chavan Institute of Science, Satara (iii) Smt. Mathubai Garware Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Sangli.
(Qualification marks for the entrance test is 50% for candidates from open categories and 45% marks for candidates from reserved categories. There will be no negative marks for incorrect responses/answers). Apart from this, the university will further conduct a personal interview/ viva voice. Only candidates who qualified the first round will be called for the second round. The final selection will be done on the basis of the overall performance of the candidate in the entrance test, viva voice/ personal interview.
Seat allocation will be divided between two categories, Home university students and other categories. Candidates who have cleared the master degree from Shivaji University will fall in the home university category while the remaining candidates will fall in other categories. Seats will be divided in the 90:10 ratio. Reservation will be applicable for 90% quota and 10% quota.
Shivaji University M. Phil. and PhD Course Fee 2019-20
Candidates need to submit the course fee once selected. The fee must be submitted before the deadline or the seat will be transferred to some other candidates. The table below has information about the fee.
Registration Fee (One time)
Library Deposit (One time)
Lab- Fees. (Sci/Engg.)
Lab. Dev Fee
Note: The fee structure can be changed by the university without any prior notice.
Admission to Shivaji University will be undertaken as per the University Grants Commission. Candidates can go through all the information provided above and then send an offline copy of the filled application to the university to be eligible for the selection round.
Stay tuned to Collegedekho for more admission news and updates!