Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
SRM University offers MA, MSc, MCom, MCA, M.Tech etc. at the postgraduate level. In this private university, the PG admissions are offered based on both the national level entrance test and qualifying exam marks. Admission to the M.Tech is done based on the SRMJEEE (PG) scores while M.Arch is done based on the scores of the previous qualifying examinations. Admission to MBA programmes are done based on the SRMJEEM. For the admission of MD and MS, NEET PG marks are considered.
SRM University is a place for learning and innovation. It offers teaching through four major campuses across the nation. Chennai, Delhi, Haryana, Sikkim, Tiruchirappalli are the locations where SRM University campuses are built up. By offering education through cutting-edge teaching methods, this deemed-to-be university has won the trust of the nation.
SRM University Counselling Phase III dates are released. The choice filling session is also over. The scheduled date of admission fee payment was August 3 to August 7, 2022. This article will discuss the SRM University PG Admission 2022 and its related concerns like dates, courses, eligibility criteria, application and admission process.
SRM University Admission Important Dates 2022
Check the following dates for SRM University Admission 2022:
SRMJEEE PG (Phase II) Exam Date
July 23, 2022
July 22, 2022
Application Deadline for Each Phase
July 21, 2022
Programme Allocation for SRMJEEE ( PG) Phase II
July 30 to August 4, 2022
Also read: SRM University MBA Admission 2022
SRM University PG Admission Courses 2022
Several Postgraduate courses are offered for SRM University PG Admission. All the SRM University PG courses are offered under various specializations. Details including courses, specializations and selection criteria are tabulated below:
Computer Science and Engineering
SRMJEEE (PG) Scores/ GATE scores
Medical and Health Sciences
NEET ( PG) Scores
SRMJEEM (PG) Vaild Score in GMAT, CAT, TANCET, MAT,NMAT, ATMA.
Science and Humanities
Accounting and Finance
Specified minimum marks in the qualifying examination
Biotechnology, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Atmospheric Science, Biochemistry, Applied Data Science, Disaster Management, Organic Chemistry, Yoga, Visual Communication.
Minimum Marks in the previous qualifying exam
English, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Relations, Tamil, Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
Minimum Marks in the previous qualifying exam
Hotel and Catering Management
Minimum Cutoff for Eligibility
Direct admission is offered for those who secures 60% and those who have secured below that will have to undergo the interview selection process
SRMJEEL Score+ Interview
SRM University PG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
Eligibility criteria of SRM University PG courses are the important factors for candidates’ selection. While selecting the candidates for counselling, the applications are assessed based on the eligibility norms. Below-mentioned are the eligibility criteria for SRM University PG Admission 2022:
- For the M.Tech Courses, B.E and B.Tech is compulsory. Apart from that, candidates need to have valid SRMJEEE (PG) Score.
- For MD and MS candidates need to be MBBS degree or its equivalent.
- Candidates who want to pursue M.Arch should have B.Arch degree with 50% marks.
- SRM University PG Admission for M.Com in Commerce and Accounting & Finance requires requires any undergraduate degree with commerce and accountancy as major subject. Apart from that, the degrees like BBA, BBM and BCS are also accepted. Minimum aggregate marks should be 50%.
- To pursue SRM Universiy MSc courses, candidates need to have BSc in relevant specializations and must have scored minimum 50% marks.
- For SRM University MA courses, a Bachelor’s degree in Arts with a minimum of 50% in the relevant stream is required.
- PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication requires minimum 50% marks in any UG degree.
- Candidates intend to enroll in MCA should have B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Technology / BCA / UG Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent from a UGC-recognized university. Candidates need to have the minimum percentage of marks as specified by SRMIST.
How to Apply for SRM University PG Admission 2022
The application process for SRM University admission for PG courses goes by the following process:
Step 1: In the first stage, candidates need to visit https://applications.srmist.edu.in/ for online registration.
Step 2: Enter valid details like email address and password.
Step 3: Enter the necessary details in the SRM university application form 2022.
Step 4: Upload the self-attested documents as specified by the university. Ensure the documents are uploaded as per the size and specifications mentioned.
Step 5: Scanned photograph and signature needs to be uploaded as per the size and format specifications.
Step 6: On the completion of the documents upload, candidates will have to submit SRM University application form for PG courses.
Step 7: Take a printout copy of the application form and save it.
Documents Required for SRM University PG Application 2022
- Marksheet and Certificate of Class 10
- Marksheet and Certificate of Class 12
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
Candidates can send the filled-in application form along with a DD of Rs 1200/- (in favour of SRMIST), payable at Chennai to the following address:
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Kattankulathur,
Chengalpattu District, Tamil Nadu 603203.
SRM University Application Fees 2022
To apply for the SRM university PG admission, Rs 1200/- has to be paid. To pay online candidates can use the same website they have used for registration.
SRM University PG Admission Process 2022
After the completion of the application stage, the admission process for SRM University PG courses goes in the following order:
- At first, the applications are preliminary verified based on the eligibility criteria, entrance exam scores, and academic scores. And then an e-counselling process is executed by the exam authority.
- Once the eligibility is confirmed, the documents in support of their candidature are verified.
- On the approval of the SRM university application form 2022 for PG courses, the applicants need to deposit the tuition fees.
- After the payment process, candidates are offered with PAL or provisional admission letter.
- For the confirmation of the admission, candidates need to ensure that the enrolment process is completed.
- At the end of the admission process ID Card and registration number are generated and provided to the candidates
SRM University E-Counselling Process 2022
Please check the e-counselling process below:
Step 1: Candidates need to login to the Application Portal
Step 2: Then click on the admission portal
Step 3: Next enter the educational details and upload the documents
Step 4: Enter the course preferences
Step 5: Candidates now need to confirm and submit
Step 6: Then the document verification and programme allocation are done by the admission committee.
Step 7: Candidates need to accept the allocation offered to them
Step 8: Next, the fees need to be paid online.
Step 9: Ensure to download the provisional allotment letter.
For more information on SRM University PG Admission, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!