Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
SRMJEEE 2021 Phase 2 is scheduled to be conducted on June 29 & 30, and the mode of the exam is Remote Proctored Online Mode (RPOM) Examination, which means that the applicants can take the exam from home by using Computer/ Laptop/ Mobile Phone. However, the candidates will need to download SEB (Safe Examination Browser) to take the test, and the direct link to download the same will be available on the SRM University website one or two days before the exam. SRM University has released the detailed guidelines for RPOM, which the candidates need to follow on the exam day. The mock test for SRMJEEE 2021 will be available 3 days before the exam, and the candidates will need to attempt two mock tests to have an idea of actual exam. SRM University is conducting proctored exam for the first time due to the second wave Covid-19 pandemic. All the details and guidelines of RPOM can be checked on this page.
SRMJEEE 2021 Phase 2 Exam Dates
The exam dates of SRMJEEE 2021 are as follows –
Last date to register
June 20, 2021
Slot booking dates
To be Notified
Download of admit card
To be Notified
June 29 & 30, 2021
What is Remote Proctored Online Mode (RPOM) Examination?
Remote Proctored Online Mode (RPOM) Examination is a process where the test takers are allowed to take the exam from home. The exam authority specifies the number of slots and timings for the same for the exam, and the candidates will need to book the slots as per their convenience. However, the candidates should have a minimum of 512 kbps speed internet to take test without any inconvenience.
Requirements for SRMJEEE 2021 RPOM Exam
As the test takers will be required to take the entrance exam from home, here are the mandatory requirements –
- Desktop/ Laptop with a minimum of 1GB RAM
- The Desktop/ Laptop should have a Web Camera & Microphone
- A stable internet connection with a minimum speed of 512 kbps
- The candidates will need to download and install Safe Exam Browser (SEB) on their Laptop/ Desktop for taking the test
- Candidates using a Mobile Phone to take the exam must note that Internet Pack (2 GB preferred) is mandatory. Also, the mobile should have front camera. The test takers will need to download a software on their mobile to take the rest, and the link to download the same will be available on SRM University website on May 19, 20& 21
- The above requirements are also mandatory for practicing mock test
How to Take SRMJEEE 2021 RPOM Exam?
The candidates will need to follow the simple steps mentioned below to take the exam. The applicants must note that appearing for two mock tests is mandatory to appear for the actual exam. The dates and slots of mock tests and actual exam have already been notified, and the slot booking can be done accordingly.
- Download the Admit Card immediately after the slot booking
- It is advisable to login at least 60 minutes before the exam for pre-verification
- The link to take SRMJEEE 2021 RPOM will be sent to candidate’s E-Mail ID/ Mobile Number on the day of the exam
- The candidates will need to click on the link and login with details that are available on the SRMJEEE 2021 E-Admit Card
- Make sure that the front camera/ web camera of mobile/ laptop/ desktop is working properly.
- The pre-verification will begin 60 minutes before the exam where the photograph of the candidates shall be captured automatically
- The test takers will need to show his/ her ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Ration Card) through front camera, and the same will be verified by the proctor
- The duration of the exam is 150 minutes
SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Day Instructions for Proctored Test
Candidates appearing for SRMJEEE 2021 Remote Proctored Online Mode (RPOM) Examination will need to follow the given instructions on the day of the exam -
- Only the candidates who take the two mock tests shall be allowed to appear for main exam
- The candidates need to download and install Safe Exam Browser (SEB) on their device. The software can be downloaded at free of cost through the link available on SRMJEEE official website
- The room environment from which the candidates are going to take the rest should be calm (disturbance-free)
- The background of the device should be a wall or plain area where no other devices are available
- The candidate’s face should be clearly visible on the camera
- Only the test taker should be visible on the front camera
- The candidates should not use headsets or Bluetooth device. No headsets or Bluetooth should be connected to the device
- The candidate can use mobile phone to contact the proctor (in case of any doubt or inconvenience or technical glitch)
- The test shall be terminated if the candidate turns off the front camera
- The candidate should not leave the workspace till the 90% duration of the exam (120 minutes)
- Only one question appears on the screen. The candidate can either answer it or skip if he/she does not know the answer. Modifying answers to the already answered questions is not allowed. Also, candidates who skipped a question (if he/she did not know the answer) will not be allowed to come back and answer the same
- The test closes automatically after 150 minutes. The candidates can logout after 120 minutes if she/he completes the test
- The candidate will have to call and inform the proctor in case of power outage or internet outage
- It is advisable to have a power backup
- If the candidate faces issue with broadband connection, he/ she can immediately connect with mobile hotspot (if using laptop)
- The candidates should not speak during the test
- In case of any disturbance from candidate’s end, the test will automatically be terminated
- The online test will automatically be terminated if the candidate resorts to any unfair means or malpractice
You can also download the PDF of above guidelines by clicking on the link below –
We hope that the above explanation helped you in understanding the detailed online proctored exam process of SRMJEEE 2021. If you still have any doubts or questions, you can ask the same through our Q & A section.
For the latest SRMJEEE 2021 updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.