Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
IBPS PO Preparation 2017: Banking sector has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options in the recent times. Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for multiple banking exams, which are a gateway to successful banking jobs. The Indian Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts and organises bank recruitment exams, out of which IBPS PO is one of the most sought-after examination. Prepare for Bank Exams with Simple Tips & Tricks!
How to Crack IBPS PO?
Those aiming to crack IBPS PO 2017 must be getting all anxious during this time. Since IBPS PO 2017 is just around the corner, the question that monopolizes every aspirant’s mind is how to clear IBPS PO examination 2017 in the first attempt.
If you are one of those candidates, then this is your chance to enhance your preparation strategy and crack IBPS PO 2017 examination in one go.
Tip Number 1: Optimum Utilization and Management of Time
A quote by Peter Drucker says, "Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed, nothing else can be managed."
Time management is the most important aspect of any exam preparation. Aspirants aiming to qualify in IBPS PO exam must always remember that without an effective time management strategy, scoring well in competitive exams can be a herculean task, Therefore, it becomes all the more necessary to formulate a time management strategy.
You may begin your preparation by creating a 'To Do List' or a 'Day Plan' to jot down tasks and activities you need to focus on a particular day and make sure you stick to your task list. While allocating time to your studies, dig deeper into the subjects and analyze the time required for each chapter or topic.
For instance, if you find a topic complicated, then try to devote more time to it, and on the contrary, less time can be given to the topics that you are confident about. Also, try not to skip any topic/segment during exam preparation. During this process, you will learn:
- To be punctual and disciplined
- To be well organized and a better planner
- To become confident
- To prioritize tasks and activities
- To achieve a favorable outcome
Tip Number 2: Solve Sample Papers/Mock Tests to Build Speed and Accuracy
Aspirants preparing for IBPS PO 2017 must remember that IBPS PO is not an exam that can be cleared with casual preparation. You may have to burn the midnight oil to get through the examination in one go. Apart from creating a time management strategy, practicing sample papers and mock tests is an effective way to crack IBPS PO 2017 examination in the first attempt. Believe it or not, the more you practice sample papers, the more confidence you will have to handle different types of questions in the examination.
Additionally, sample papers are generally subject-specific and give a clear perception about the real question paper. Therefore, regular practice and test taking will help you:
- Get to know about the current marking scheme
- Detect your strong and weak areas
- Improve question-solving speed and accuracy
- Enhance skills to give your best performance in the examination
Thus, sample papers and mock tests are useful learning resources and aspirants are advised to make a good use of them after completing the entire syllabus, in order to be more familiar with the final examination pattern.
Tip Number 3: Update Yourself and Enhance Your Overall Awareness
Staying updated with IBPS PO 2017 examination format is imminent. Aspirants must not only focus on mastering their academic knowledge, they must also try to enhance and develop their overall awareness. Most of the competitive examinations, including IBPS PO, aim to test candidates' knowledge of current affairs. Therefore, one cannot expect to crack IBPS PO 2017 without in-depth knowledge of current affairs.
To enhance your General Awareness:
- Stay updated with the day-to-day news through television, newspapers, Internet, news magazines, business magazines, radio, talk shows.
- Read about what is happening in the world, covering all kinds of topics ranging from business, sports, money, politics, education, employment, crime, ethics, etc.
To enhance your Academic Knowledge:
- Increase your Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking skills and improve your English Grammar.
- Discuss your doubts with teachers and seniors to understand topics that you find complex.
- Try to enhance your vocabulary on a daily basis from every possible source.
Try to regularly get updates on current affairs, as a maximum number of questions come from this section. By using this tip, your preparation plan will definitely go to the next level and you can aim to score higher in the exam.
Tip Number 4: Make an Impeccable Study Plan
After not scoring well in the competitive examinations, most of the candidates tend to say,"Oh! we do study, but do not know why our efforts fail to yield results.” Perhaps, it is because they fail to make a proper study plan/schedule for themselves or may fail to adhere to it.
The biggest challenge of not following your study plan is that, if you don’t follow it, all your efforts go in vain. So, aspirants targeting to score well in IBPS PO 2017 must manage their time well and make it a point to follow the prepared schedule.
A good study plan:
- Helps you monitor your progress
- Imparts a sense of direction
- Increases concentration and will inculcate a sense of discipline
- Helps you stay focused & goal-oriented
- Makes you feel organized and in-command as it will involve thorough understanding of one’s course or syllabus
- Boosts confidence and increases your level of motivation
- Makes your studies a priority
A good study plan is therefore extremely important and must be followed religiously in order to achieve the desired result.
Tip Number 5: Plan Your Exam Taking Strategy
In order to crack IBPS PO 2017, planning for the examination must be done beforehand.
You must know how your examination is going to be, which includes: number of questions, time limit, the importance of chapters, negative marking, etc.
You must also decide the sequence of attempting various questions in the examination, as you do not have to approach the question paper the way it is intended to be. There is no need to waste time over questions that seem difficult; you must focus on finishing the sections that you are really good at so that you can dedicate more time to the difficult ones.
It is important to train your mind and body for IBPS PO 2017 examination so that you are in the best of your spirits on the examination day. Exercise daily, eat good food and stay positive!
An ideal strategy will help you:
- Prepare well and easily understand the core areas of all the subjects.
- Assess yourself at regular intervals.
- Combat self-doubts and will remind you of your strengths, which will, in turn, drive you towards success.
So, here we have it: Five simple Tricks and Tips that will greatly help you in acing IBPS PO 2017 in the first attempt. Make sure you follow these reliable tips, as they will definitely add value to your examination preparation, and will also make you confident for the upcoming IBPS PO 2017 examination.
Just remember to do your best and forget the rest!