- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Admission 2021 - Latest Updates
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Admission Highlights
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Admissions Important Dates 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Application Form 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Application Fee 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Counselling Process 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Fee Structure 2021
- Top B.Sc Nursing Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2021
- Related Articles
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The demand for doctors and medical courses has always been on a constant increase and this demand results in an increased requirement for other medical professionals as well. Many roles work together in hospitals to assist the main objective. The role of a nurse is one such extremely important job profile that any hospital cannot do without. The past few years have witnessed a significant increase in the demand for nurses and this demand is only going to keep increasing with every new hospital and clinic that is opened.
Due to the requirement of nurses witnessing a surge every year, students all around the country have started opting for nursing courses after the completion of their higher secondary education. Every year, thousands of students appear for competitive medical exams like the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and the exam for the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to get admission in the courses of nursing at some of the top medical colleges of India. B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and Post Basic B.Sc Nursing are two of the most popular programmes that students opt for if they wish to go in this field. Apart from B.Sc nursing being a four years long course and the Post Basic B.Sc course being only two years long, these programmes have little difference when it comes to eligibility and selection.
This article provides all the information about B.Sc Nursing admissions in Andhra Pradesh for the session of 2021-2022. Candidates who are interested in applying for these courses in the medical colleges of Andhra Pradesh and pursuing the career of a nurse can find the necessary details here. The details of Andhra Pradesh Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions are also given for candidates who wish to pursue the course.
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Admission 2021 - Latest Updates
8th Dec 2021: The NTRUHS B.Sc Nursing application forms 2021 are expected to be released soon. The Counselling Process for the Academic Year 2021-22 may probably commence within 2 or 3 months. Candidates are advised to stay tuned for further updates.
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Admission Highlights
|Admission For||B.Sc Nursing in Andra Pradesh|
|Conducting Authority||Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, AP|
|Short Name for the Conducting Authority||NTRUHS, AP|
|Admission Through||Merit List|
|Periodicity||Once a Year|
|Contact Number||9490332169, 9030732880 and 9392685856|
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Admissions Important Dates 2021
All students who wish to apply for the course of B.Sc in Nursing at the various colleges of Andhra Pradesh have to be very vigilant about the important dates of B.Sc nursing in Andhra Pradesh. This will help the students aspiring to bag a seat at one of the medical colleges of Andhra Pradesh for the course of nursing to complete all admission related formalities without exceeding any deadline. The important dates of Andhra Pradesh B.Sc nursing admissions 2021 are given in the table below.
Release of notification
Commencement of application process
Last day to submit the application forms
Release of merit list
Commencement of classes
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before proceeding to apply for B.Sc nursing admissions in Andhra Pradesh, every candidate must check if he/ she qualifies the Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing eligibility criteria. It is important for all the candidates to clear the eligibility conditions because only then will they be considered for admission. The eligibility criteria for B.Sc nursing in Andhra Pradesh are given below. Some students also seek admission to the Post Basic B.Sc nursing course, hence the eligibility criteria for Andhra Pradesh Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions 2021 are also provided.
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing (Four-Years) Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria for B.Sc nursing admissions to the colleges of Andhra Pradesh are given here.
- The applicant must have successfully completed his/ her higher secondary education (class 12th) in the regular mode.
- The school from which the applicant completed 10+2 must be recognised by any of these boards- ICSE, CBSE, AISSCE, SSCE, NIOS, HSCE, APOSS, any State Board or any other equivalent.
- The student must have completed 10+2 in the science stream with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must not be younger than 17 years of age on the 31st of December (the year in which he/ she is seeking admission).
- The aggregate marks scored by the candidate in all the science subjects of class 12th must not be less than 45 per cent if he/ she comes under the general or unreserved category.
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories of SC, ST, and OBC are given a relaxation of 5 per cent. Therefore, these applicants must have at least 40 per cent marks in the science subjects.
- The students must be medically fit.
- All applicants must bear in mind that 85 per cent of the total B.Sc nursing seats in the colleges of Andhra Pradesh are reserved for those who are the domicile of the state. Hence, the candidates from other states who are applying for admission will get to avail themselves only 15 per cent of the total B.Sc nursing seats in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (Two-Years) Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing admissions in Andhra Pradesh are provided below.
- The candidates must either be of Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian origin (P.I.O) or Foreign Nationals or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders. All the candidates belonging to these categories of OCI cardholders, P.I.O., and Foreign Nationals will be required to submit No Objection Certificates that are issued from the Nursing Council of India for getting admission into the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course in Andhra Pradesh.
- Students seeking admission to the course must have cleared class 12th (10+2) examinations from a school of a recognised board or they must have completed any equivalent exam of the 10+2 pattern which is recognised by at least one of the following: the universities of Andhra Pradesh, APOSS (Andhra Pradesh Open School Society), NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling), as per the regulations of the Indian Nursing Council.
- Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
- The applicant must have completed General Nursing and Midwifery from an institution that has received recognition by the Government of Andhra Pradesh or by the Nursing Council of India. The candidate will be registered with the State Nursing Council.
- The Candidates who have studied the 1.5-year course of MPHW (Multi-Purpose Health Worker) are not considered eligible for admission to the P.B.B.Sc course.
- The Government Service candidates who seek admission to the programme must have completed two years of service as a staff nurse in the Medical and Health Department and the Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad as of the 31st of August of the year in which they seek admission. They must be regular employees and must have a service certificate issued by the respective employer enclosed that proves they worked as a staff nurse.
- The age of the applicant must not be less than 17 years and more than 45 years of age as of the 31st of December (the year he/ she is applying for admission). The age limit for all SC and ST candidates is given a relaxation of three years.
- All applicants must note that 85 per cent of the total Post Basic B.Sc nursing seats in the colleges of Andhra Pradesh are reserved for those who are the domicile of the state. Hence, the candidates from other states who are applying for admission will get to avail only 15 per cent of the total Post Basic B.Sc nursing seats in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Application Form 2021
The application process for B.Sc admissions in Andhra Pradesh is carried out in the online mode. Students can apply for Andhra Pradesh B.Sc admissions 2021 as soon as the application form is released. It is advised that all applicants should use computers while filling the form and not mobile phones and tablets. The steps to be followed for successfully completing the application process of B.Sc in Andhra Pradesh are given below.
- Go to the official website of Dr NTR University of Health Sciences for the application form.
- Go to the link https://paramed.apntruhs.in/ to begin the application process.
- Click on the option of ‘Online Registration’ under ‘Online Application’.
- Fill in your date of birth and mobile number and select the branch you wish to apply for.
- After clicking on ‘Validate’, you will get a message that your registration is successful.
- Proceed to fill in all the other details that are asked for, like your personal information and academic record.
- Review your form once before checking the declaration box.
- Pay for the application form online.
- You can use your debit or credit card for the transaction or the method of net banking.
- Take a printout of the form for future use.
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Application Fee 2021
The application fee of B.Sc in Andhra Pradesh that is required to be submitted by the candidate while filling out the application form is given below. If a student does not submit the application fee, his/ her application form for the B.Sc course is not accepted.
Fee for Unreserved Category
Fee for Reserved Categories
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
Note: An extra 18 per cent of the total application fee is also included in this sum as GST.
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Counselling Process 2021
The dates of counselling and document verification of Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Admissions 2021 will be released by the NTR University of Health Sciences. The documents of candidates will also be verified in the Andhra Pradesh B.Sc admissions 2021 counselling process. The helpline centres for the verification of original documents of all the candidates who have been called for the counselling process of Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Admissions 2021 are given below. Candidates can go to these centres for getting their documents verified at the stipulated time period.
|Visakhapatnam||Opposite School of Distance Education, Andhra University Campus, Visakhapatnam|
|Vijayawada||Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Kurnool||SGPR Government Polytechnic College, Kurnool|
|Tirupati||Old MBA Building, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
Andhra Pradesh B.Sc Nursing Fee Structure 2021
The fee structure of B.Sc Nursing in Andhra Pradesh is given below. This is the basic fee structure of the course. Students have to pay for any additional facility like hostels etc. separately. Check the table below for Andhra Pradesh B.Sc fee structure 2021.
Special Fee (for recreations and all functions)
Clinical Attachment Fee
Health Insurance Hepatitis B and SNA Fund
Caution Money Deposit (Refundable)
Apart from this, a sum of Rs. 5,500 is also to be paid at the time of downloading the allotment letter. This is a one-time fee that every candidate has to pay.
Top B.Sc Nursing Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2021
Some of the Top B.Sc Nursing Colleges in Andhra Pradesh is mentioned below. Candidates who wish to apply to any of the mentioned institutes can simply fill out our Common Application Form and avail expert counselling throughout the admission process.
Name of the College