- AP B.Tech Admission Process 2021 Video
- Entrance Exams Accepted by Andhra Pradesh Engineering Colleges 2021
- Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Andhra Pradesh 2021
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering Admission Dates 2021
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) Admission Procedure 2021
- AP B.Tech Counselling Process 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Selection Process 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Seat Allotment 2021
- Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2021
- Top B.Tech Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2021
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
AP B.Tech Admission 2021 - Andhra Pradesh is one of the states in India where UG engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) admissions are purely based on merit in the entrance exam. Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE) is responsible for conducting the Andhra Pradesh B.Tech admission process while the entrance test for engineering courses is conducted by JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) Kakinada. Every year, lakhs of students compete for B.Tech admission in Andhra Pradesh. Second-year intermediate (Class 12) students who are aspiring to join B. Tech course in Andhra Pradesh must clear the entrance exam in order to secure admission. The entrance exam is conducted for Engineering, Agriculture and Pharma courses. All the details about Andhra Pradesh engineering admissions, B.Tech admission dates of Andhra Pradesh, B.Tech eligibility criteria, the selection procedure for B.Tech courses in Andhra Pradesh and the application form can be checked here.
AP B.Tech Admission Process 2021 Video
Entrance Exams Accepted by Andhra Pradesh Engineering Colleges 2021
Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh accept AP EAMCET score for B.Tech admissions. There are only a limited number of colleges that consider JEE Main score for UG engineering admissions. Therefore, Andhra Pradesh engineering aspirants must appear and clear AP EAMCET in order to secure engineering admission.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Andhra Pradesh 2021
Engineering aspirants with the following requirements are eligible for B.Tech admission in Andhra Pradesh –
Basic Requirements: The applicants must be citizens of India and must belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Age Limit: In order to secure engineering admission in Andhra Pradesh, the candidates must have completed 16 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission. For B. Tech admissions in Andhra Pradesh, there is no upper age limit.
Academic Qualification: The candidates must have passed Intermediate (Class 12) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (MPC) as the main subjects with at least 40 – 45% of marks. Students pursuing final-year intermediate or waiting for results can also register for AP EAMCET exam.
Local Status of Students Migrated from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh: A candidate who migrates to Andhra Pradesh from Telangana within a period of five years from June 02, 2015, shall be regarded as the local candidatein the state of Andhra Pradesh. This particular rule is applicable until July 01, 2022. Migrated students must note that the rule is applicable for Andhra Pradesh B.Tech admissions 2021 and 2022. These candidates must submit the documents prescribed by APSCHE. The proforma or soft copy of Form I, Form II, and Form III will be available on the official website of AP EAMCET.
|AP EAMCET Eligibility (Detailed)|
Andhra Pradesh Engineering Admission Dates 2021
The process usually begins a few days after the announcement of AP EAMCET results. The Centralised Admission Process (CAP) is conducted by APSCHE and candidates can take a look at the AP B.Tech admission dates 2021 here:
|AP EAMCET Exam Date 2021||August 19 to 25, 2021|
The official notification for AP EAMCET counselling 2021
|Online registration for AP EAMCET counselling 2021||TBA|
|Option filling (first round)||TBA|
|Round 1 seat allotment||TBA|
|Rond 2 counselling||TBA|
Andhra Pradesh Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) Admission Procedure 2021
All the candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in AP EAMCET are considered for Andhra Pradesh B.Tech admission procedure. More details with regard to B.Tech admission process in Andhra Pradesh are elaborated below.
Qualifying Marks for AP EAMCET 2021: Candidates belonging to General Category must score a minimum 25% of the maximum marks in order to secure eligibility for engineering admission in Andhra Pradesh. For SC and ST category students, there is no minimum qualifying mark in AP EAMCET prescribed. These candidates must secure a non-zero score in AP EAMCET.
AP EAMCET Ranking Procedure: The candidates must have an EAMCET rank in order to register for the counselling process. The admission authority shall rank the candidates based on their AP EAMCET normalised marks. During the normalised process, 75% of weightage is given for AP EAMCET score and 25% of weightage is given for Intermediate (+2) percentage. Rank obtained in AP EAMCET is valid for engineering admission in Andhra Pradesh.
Preparation of Merit List: APSCHE will prepare a merit list that includes the names of all the candidates who qualified AP EAMCET as per the minimum eligibility marks prescribed by the admission authority. While preparing the merit list, rank and normalised score of the candidates will be considered.
If more than one student secures the same combined score, the admission authority will resolve the tie as follows –
The total score secured in AP EAMCET
The total marks scored in Mathematics at Intermediate level.
The total marks scored in Physics at Intermediate level.
Aggregate marks scored in Intermediate public exams.
If the tie persists after considering the above factors, the older candidate (based on the date of birth) will be given preference over the younger.
AP B.Tech Counselling Process 2021
All the candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in AP EAMCET and have a valid AP EAMCET rank are eligible to take part in the Andhra Pradesh B.Tech counselling process.
The B.Tech counselling procedure of Andhra Pradesh has different stages and the entire counselling process is centralised. The Centralised Admission Process (CAP) begins in the last week of May or first week of June. All the details are elaborated below.
Payment of Counselling (CAP) Processing Fee: The first stage in the Andhra Pradesh B.Tech counselling process is the payment of CAP (counselling) processing fee. BC/ OC category candidates must pay Rs. 1,200 while for ST/ SC candidates the counselling processing fee is Rs. 600. The counselling fee can be paid online by using a credit card/ debit card/ internet banking. The counselling fee can be paid by following the steps below –
- The candidates must visit the official website of AP EAMCET (a separate website will be made available for the counselling process, and it is different from the AP EAMCET exam website).
- Click on the ‘Processing Fee Payment’ link on the website.
- Enter your AP EAMCET Hall Ticket Number and AP EAMCET Rank.
- Enter the Captcha
- Click on ‘Pay Fee Online’ option.
- You will be directed to the payment gateway.
- The counselling fee can be paid online by using a credit card/ debit card/ internet banking.
- After the successful payment of counselling fee, the candidates will receive an SMS. Please DO NOT DELETE the SMS, as it will be important for the document verification process.
- Take the printout of the Fee Payment Receipt (important).
Document Verification: Mostly, the admission authority through data obtained from various government departments will verify the data of the candidates. Such candidates will immediately receive Registration ID and Login ID for option entry. These candidates are not required to go for document verification that will take place at Helpline Centres.
Candidates who do not receive Registration ID and Login ID must proceed to Helpline Centre for document verification. The entire process takes place as follows –
Activity at Helpline Centre:-
- It is mandatory to present at the nearest helpline centre on the stipulated date and time.
- At the entrance, you will find an officer for whom you must handover your AP EAMCET rank card.
- Wait for your turn. Meanwhile, you can be seated in the registration hall.
- When your rank/name is announced, proceed to the registration desk.
- You must show the counselling fee payment SMS or receipt to the registration officer.
- The computer operator will give you a Registration-cum-Verification form. Verify whether your mobile number printed on the form is correct or not.
- You must enter some details in the Registration-cum-Verification form such as Hall Ticket Number, Rank etc. You must sign in the prescribed column.
- Submit the form and wait for the next announcement.
- After the announcement, report to the prescribed counter for certificate verification.
Verification of Certificates: You must proceed to the Certificate Verification Officer as per your rank. The officer will verify all your original certificates. After certificate verification, the officer will issue a receipt cum acknowledgement. The candidates will receive Registration ID and Login ID to their mobile phones via SMS.
Exercising Options: Exercising options also involve different stages, and the students must follow each instruction carefully. The stages involved in option entry are given below –
Candidate Registration: After the payment of counselling fee/ certificate verification, the candidates will receive Registration ID on their mobile phones via SMS. Now, visit the official AP EAMCET counselling website to register on the official website. You can register by using the following details –
- Registration ID
- AP EAMCET Hall Ticket Number
- AP EAMCET Rank
- Date of Birth
After entering the above details, click on the ‘Generate Password’ link. The online password will be sent to your Mobile Phone via SMS and the candidates can log in for option entry by entering Registration ID and Password.
- After login, the candidates will receive a One Time Password (OTP). Enter the OTP to proceed for Option Entry.
- Selected at least one or more districts to see the list of engineering colleges in those districts
- Now, click on the button that indicates ‘Display Option Entry Form’.
- A new page will be displayed with the list of colleges and preference columns
- You will have to enter AP EAMCET Hall Ticket number
- You can give preference to colleges and courses by giving them numbers like 1,2,3,4 etc.
- After the completion of option-entry, click on the ‘Logout’ button.
- Three options will be displayed now.
- If you want to confirm the option entry, click on ‘Confirm and Logout’.
The counselling process ends here, and the selection process follows next.
Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Selection Process 2021
The selection of candidates for B.Tech admission in Andhra Pradesh is completely based on the rank and normalised score secured in AP EAMCET. The reservation policies of the state government will be applicable to reserved category candidates, and equal preference is given to them during the selection process. The selection is based on the order of merit of candidates (refer admission procedure section above for more details).
Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Seat Allotment 2021
The B.Tech seat allotment in Andhra Pradesh is as follows –
- The allotment of seats to the eligible candidates is based on the Options entered by the candidates in the option entry form.
- The seat allotment for B.Tech admission in Andhra Pradesh is based on the option numbers exercised by the candidates in the option entry form.
- All the options given by the candidates will be considered for allotment until an option or seat is allotted are exhausted.
- If the candidates do not secure a seat as per their preference, they can wait for second round counselling.
- Candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotment must accept the allotment and download the seat allotment letter from the official website.
- Report the respective college with the seat allotment letter on the stipulated date to confirm admission.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the payment of the first-year engineering course fee.
Note: The Andhra Pradesh B.Tech counselling process, admission procedure, selection process and seat allotment procedure mentioned above is applicable for Category – A seats, i.e., seats that are applicable for Centralised Admission Process (CAP). Category – B seats are filled by respective college managements under Management Quota.
Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2021
The Andhra Pradesh B.Tech admissions are strictly bound to the reservation policies of the state government. Candidates belonging to reserved categories will have a specific number of seats reserved for them during the admission process. Equal representation is given for General and Reserved category candidates during the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). The admission authority, i.e., APSCHE fills only 70% of seats in B.Tech courses available in all engineering colleges across the state. Respective college managements under Management Quota or NRI Quota fill the rest of the 30% seats.
Top B.Tech Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2021
There are around 370 B.Tech colleges in Andhra Pradesh that part in Centralised Admission Process on the basis of AP EAMCET. Here is the list of some of the top engineering colleges across 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Name of the College
Course Fee (Per Annum)
Adi Kavi Nannaya University College of Engineering
ANU College of Engineering Technology
Krishna University College of Engineering and Technology
Lingaya’s Institute of Management and Technology
Sri Vidyaniketan Engineering College
For more colleges, click on the link below
For the latest Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Admissions 2021 updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho. If you have any doubts pertaining to Andhra Pradesh B.Tech admissions, please post your query at Q & A section of CollegeDekho.
All the Best!