- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission 2020
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria..
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Application Process ..
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Application Fees 202..
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Selection Process 20..
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Reservation Policy 2020
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Counselling 2020
- Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Documents Required:
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission 2020 has begun. The rank list for AP MBBS Admission 2020 has been released by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. Admission is purely on the basis of candidates' performance in the NEET UG 2020 entrance exam. NEET 2020 Result was released on 16th October 2020. This article will provide you will all the relevant information regarding Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission 2020. The application process for Andhra Prades MBBS admission started on 13th November 2020. The provisional merit list of the candidates who are eligible for document verification has also been released.
|Andhra Pradesh MBBS Rank List 2020||Andhra Pradesh MBBS Provisional Merit List 2020|
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission 2020
Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions are organized by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) Andhra Pradesh. All candidates who qualify for NEET 2020 and have secured the NEET 2020 cut-off percentile set by the CBSE can check the details of Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions 2020 in order to seek admission in the state-based colleges. Native candidates of Andhra Pradesh can take admission under the 85% seats reserved for regional students. Whereas, students from other states who seek admission in AP medical colleges can apply under the all-India quota. Check the details of the AP MBBS admissions below:
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
The important dates for Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission 2020 are as follows:
List of eligible candidates to be announced on
1st November 2020
Notification for Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions to be out on
13th November 2020
Andhra Pradesh MBBS application form will be released online on
13th November 2020
Andhra Pradesh MBBS application form deadline
21st November 2020 (up to 4:00 pm)
Provisional merit list for Andhra Pradesh MBBS to be out on
30th November 2020
Document verification for MBBS admissions to begin from
Final merit list for Andhra Pradesh MBBS to be out on
Seat allotment list for round 1
Beginning of classes
Note: Mop-up round will be conducted only if seats remain vacant in Andhra Pradesh medical colleges after the counselling rounds.
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Education Qualification: Candidates seeking admission in Andhra Pradesh medical colleges MBBS or BDS courses must have passed class 12 (or other equivalent exams) with Biology/ Biotechnology, Chemistry, and Physics in order to appear for the state’s counselling rounds. The minimum aggregate that candidates are required to score in class 12 is as follows:
Marks required in Class 12
General of Unreserved category students
Backward Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Schedule Caste students
General candidates with a physical disability
Native Students of Andhra Pradesh: 85% of the total seats in medical colleges are reserved for candidates belonging to the state. These seats are further divided into 85% seats reserved for local candidates and 15% for local as well as non-local candidates. Following are the criteria for Andhra Pradesh native students:
- Candidates who have studied in local institutes of Andhra Pradesh for at least 4 years consecutive years. The last academic year of the candidates in the institute should be the same as the year of NEET 2020.
- Candidates who have lived in the state for four consecutive years including the year of application of NEET as the last year.
- For candidates who have lived in more than one local region for seven consecutive years with the seventh year as the NEET exam year, then the region where the candidate has spent a maximum number of years will be considered.
- If the number of years spent in all the regions is equal, then the region where the candidate has last studied will be considered.
- The rules will be similar for students who have stayed in either of the Andhra Pradesh regions for seven consecutive years but have not studied in the same region.
Domicile Holders: Candidates seeking admission in Andhra Pradesh MBBS courses under the domicile quota will have to qualify the following criteria for eligibility of AP domicile holders:
- Candidates must be local residents of Andhra Pradesh as defined by the Presidential orders.
- Either the candidate or one of the parents must have lived in the state for at least 10 years.
- Either one of the parents of the candidate or his/ her spouse must be employed either by the Central government, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Universities, Public Sector Corporation Local Bodies or any other similar public institution under the governance of Andhra Pradesh.
Nationality: Only those candidates who are either Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) or Person of Indian Origin (PIO) can apply for Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions
Age: Candidates seeking admission in Andhra Pradesh MBBS colleges must be born between May 7, 1994, and January 1, 2003.
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Application Process 2020
- Candidates will have to apply for Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions 2020 online and the application forms will be provided by the MCC.
- In order to complete the application form, candidates will have to fill in all their personal details, academic details along with the NEET 2020 details.
- The application process for Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions 2020 will be completed only when the candidates pay the application fees.
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
General and Backward Caste Students
SC and ST Students
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
NEET 2020 is the mandatory exam for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in Andhra Pradesh medical colleges for the session 2020-21. Candidates will have to apply for Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions 2020 through their NEET 2020 scores and the basis that they will be allotted state ranks in the AP MBBS merit list. Counselling will be conducted for seats available in different dental and medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh and seats will be allocated on the basis of the state ranks, nativity, nationality, and category of the students. Reservation will be applicable as per the norms set by the Government of India and Andhra Pradesh Government. Check the details of the Andhra Pradesh reservation criteria below.
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Reservation Policy 2020
Social Reservation (Vertical Reservation)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Backward Class Group A
Backward Class Group B
Backward Class Group C
Backward Class Group D
Backward Class Group E
Special Categories (Horizontal Reservation)
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Sports and Games
Police Martyrs Children (PMC)
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Counselling 2020
Andhra Pradesh MBBS counselling takes place after the final merit list has been declared by the MCC Andhra Pradesh. Candidates who will apply for AP medical counselling will be asked to fill their college and course preferences basis which the final admissions will be conducted. If seats remain vacant after the counselling round, they will be filled in the mop-up rounds that will be conducted in August 2020.
Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission Documents Required:
- NEET 2020 admit card
- Aadhaar Card
- NEET 2020 scorecard
- Proof for date of birth i.e. Class 10 or equivalent exam pass certificate
- Class 6 to Class 12 pass certificates
- Class 12 or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate issued by the last institute/ school attended
- Income proof for those seeking fee redemption or fees exemption
- Permanent caste certificate (if required)
- Minority certificate (if applicable)
- Local status certificate
- Residence certificate of 10 years for those students who have studied outside Andhra Pradesh
- Affidavit of INR 100 provided by the parents and candidates mentioning that the caste and area certificates submitted are authentic and if found conflicting then they will be bear the consequences.
- Candidates seeking admission under either of the special category reserved seats are required to submit the respective documents to support their claim.
There are numerous good medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh that candidates can consider for admission to BDS and MBBS courses. Before you apply for the admission process, it is important to understand to get the documents ready in order to get through the document verification round. Stay tuned with CollegeDekho to get updates regarding AP MBBS admission merit lists and counselling 2020!