Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) is a core science degree programme which a student can pursue after completion of Class XII. While most students in India may prefer choosing Engineering and medical courses, the advantages and scope of the B.Sc. course cannot be ignored. B. Sc. course gives students an option to choose a specialized science subject and cover all the theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject.
B. Sc. course can be completed in three years after which the candidate can go for higher studies and research programme. B. Sc. is the right degree to choose for a student who is interested in research work in the future.
B.Sc. Colleges in India- Check Link
|List of B.Sc. Colleges in India|
In India, there are a number of well- established colleges / Institutes/ Universities that offer B.Sc. courses in various specializations. The admission process for B.Sc. courses varies Institute wise. Most of the colleges take admission on merit basis. There are some states in India which conduct centralised B.Sc. admission process while others conduct its own entrance examination for admission.
Also Read: Top B.Sc. and B.A. Courses after XII
Check the list of Entrance examinations conducted for B.Sc.course in India:
|University/ Institute/ College||Entrance Exam Name|
Multiple Agricultural Institute
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV)
Multiple Agriculture Colleges
Multiple Agriculture Colleges
Punjab Agricultural University
Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology/ Banda University of Agriculture and Technology/ Chandra Shekhar Azad University/ Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology
University-level English Language Test
B.Sc 2020 Entrance Exam Dates 2020
Check important dates for B.Sc 2020 Admissions:
30th January 2020
Second week of May 2020
Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Test (AMUEE)
April 12, 2020
IISER Aptitude Test
23rd March 2020
31st May 2020
ICAR AIEEA- UG
1st March 2020
1st June 2020
February 20, 2020
GITAM Aptitude Test
April 11 to 21, 2020
Scope of B.Sc. Courses
Rapid growth in Science, technology, medicine as well as the Agricultural sector in India opens up various opportunities for candidates with an appropriate degree in Science. Check the scope of pursuing a B.Sc. degree:
- After the completion of a B.Sc. degree, a candidate can go for higher studies and make a good career in research. The demand for researchers is high in agriculture, medicine, laboratories etc. Those who are interested in research can pursue a B.Sc. course in relevant discipline from a good college.
- B. Sc. degree followed by an M.Sc. degree can help students pursue a career as a professor or Lecturer in top government or private institutes/ Universities.
- B. Sc. degree in Agriculture can help students choose a good career option in the agriculture sector.
- Demand for Science graduates is high in the R&D sector. It is one of the promising sectors for science graduates.
- B. Sc. graduates can be future scientists. There cannot be a better career option for science students than to become a scientist.
For more News and Updates related to Science Stream, Stay tuned to CollegeDekho!