Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Since there are many MBA offering colleges in India, each college has its own application and admission process. Candidates can apply for MBA admission in India on the official website of the college. They will have to follow the common application process decided by the college. Colleges will provide an online as well as an offline mode for registration and those who want to get admission in any college can apply for admission by visiting the official website of the college or campus.
It must be noted that the application process of a college will include the form filling option along with document verification round. Candidates will have to submit all the required documents while filling the application form. Colleges will call the candidates to verify all the details provided by the candidates before offering admission to them. This article will let you know about all the important documents required for MBA admission.
MBA Admission Process
The majority of the Indian B-schools accept MBA students based on an entrance exam score along with a personality assessment which involves a Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by a Group Discussion (GD) & a Personal Interview(PI) session. A few institutes, however, offer direct admission based on academic scores. The admission process of these institutes thus gets concluded in just 2 steps:
- Filling up the application form, and
- Payment of admission fees.
Documents Required for MBA Admissions
Candidates should keep scanned copies of all the documents provided below while filling the MBA application form of any college.
- 10th Scorecard/ certificate
- 12th Scorecard/ certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- Entrance Exam Scorecard (soft/ hardcopy)
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Proof (Domicile certificate/ Birth certificate/ School LC)
- Work Experience Documents (if applicable)
- Graduation Certificate
- Any other degree/ diploma certificate
- Passport size Photographs
FAQs (Related to Documents)
Should I carry my mark sheet while going for the counselling process?
Document verification round depends upon the college. Every college has its own set of instructions. You can check the selection process of a particular college to see if you have to carry the documents or not.
Should I submit the application fee online?
Colleges provide an offline as well as online option to submit the application fee. You will have to submit the application fee before submitting the completed form. Besides this, for the offline mode, you will have to visit the college to submit the application fee.
I am waiting for my 12th result mark sheet. Can I apply for admission without that?
Yes, you can apply for admission. Colleges will assign you a final date to submit your documents. Any delay in that may result in loss of your seat.
How to Fill an MBA Application Form?
The application process will not be the same for all the colleges. You will have to check the information brochure of the college to know the detailed application process. Some of the major fields available in the application form are the candidate's name, father's name, education qualification, work experience and contact information. You will have to fill all the mandatory details while filling the application form along with submitting the application fee.
Important Instructions for Filling the MBA Application Form
Check out some of the major instructions which you must follow while filling the MBA application form.
- You must keep all the documents along with you while filling the application form. There are some colleges that will offer only few minutes to complete the application process online.
- The size and dimensions of all the required documents can be verified from the admission booklet of the college. You can resize your document accordingly.
- Once the application process has been completed, colleges may ask you to carry all the mark sheets and other documents along with you for verification.
- You must be careful while filling the application form. You will not be considered for admissions in case the college finds out that the information provided by you is incorrect.
If in case you are facing any issue regarding MBA admissions, you can fill the common application form to get guidance related to admission. Our experts will assist you with the MBA admission process.