- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Admission 2019
- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Specialisations 2019
- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Important Dates 2019
- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Eligibility Criteria 2019
- How to Apply for IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Admission 2019?
- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Application Fee 2019
- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Selection Process 2019
- IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Fee 2019
The International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) was formerly known as the Demographic Training and Research Centre (DTRC). IIPS Mumbai offers an MA in Population Studies in distance mode. Candidates who are looking for admission in this program can check all the information about the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) Distance Admission 2019 here. The college serves as a regional Institute for Training and Research in Population Studies for the ESCAP region. IIPS was declared as a “Deemed University” in August 1985 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development( Government of India). It offers many regular as well as a distance program in the field of population studies.
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Admission 2019
Admission to the distance program at IIPS is done on the basis of the candidate's percentage in the bachelor degree. Candidates who hold some experience in addition to the master's degree in relevant discipline will be given weightage as per the criteria decided by the institute. All other important criteria for distance admission at IIPS are mentioned below. Candidates can check out the criteria before applying for admission.
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Specialisations 2019
International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) provides various specialisations for the distance program. Candidates can check all the specialisations available for M.A in Population Studies mentioned below.
- Sociology, Psychology, and Anthropology
- Advanced Statistical Packages and their Application in Large-scale Data
- Mortality, morbidity and Public Health
- Population Ageing and Health Transition
- Economics and Geography
- Statistical Methods
- Migration & Urbanisation
- Historical Demography
- Gender and Reproductive Health
- Population & Development
- Research Methodology
- Fertility and Nuptiality
- Evaluation, Adjustment of Demographic Data and Population Projection
- Introduction to Demography and History of Demographic Data
- Introduction to Demographic and Statistical Software
- Population Policies, Programme Evaluation of Health & Family Welfare Program
- Concepts and Measures of Global Health
- Urbanisation, Space and Planning
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Important Dates 2019
Candidates can check out the application dates before applying to the distance program admission at IIPS Mumbai:
Last Date of Submitting Application
August 31, 2019
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates who wish to apply for admission in the distance mode at the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) need to fulfil all the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates belonging to general category must have qualified any of the bachelor’s degree in any of the subjects including statistics/ mathematics/ health or social science recognised by any of the foreign or Indian university with at least 50% aggregate.
- Other candidates belonging from any of the reserved categories including Scheduled Tribes/ Scheduled Caste or Other backward classes must have scored at least 45% aggregate.
- Candidates who cleared the master’s degree and who hold some work experience will be given priority.
- The cut-off percentage can further be decreased by the admission committee for candidates with any additional qualifications.
How to Apply for IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Admission 2019?
Candidates who are looking at applying for admission in the distance program at the institute need to submit the application form before the deadline. The application process for IIPS Mumbai distance course admission is as follows:
- Candidates can visit the official website of International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), www.iipsindia.org.
- Candidates will then have to visit the Department of Extra Mural Studies & Distance Education section available on the page.
- Then candidates will have to fill up all the required details mentioned in the application form.
- Candidates will have to send the completed form along with the required documents.
- The form should reach the Department of Extra Mural Studies and Distance Education on or before August 31st 2019.
- Candidates must note that the registration fee must be submitted online and the payment slip should be reached at the campus along with the documents.
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Application Fee 2019
The registration fee for the distance program at IIPS Mumbai is given below:
OBC(Other Backward Classes)-non-creamy layer
Scheduled Caste(SC)/ Scheduled Tribes(ST) and PwD(Persons with Disabilities)
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Selection Process 2019
Candidates who have submitted the application will be selected on the basis of the percentage scored in the eligible degree. Final admission will be done by the selection committee duly created by the Director of the college. The selection committee will consider various factors for selecting candidates for admission. Around 100 seats will be filled as per the number of application received and the criteria decided by the institute for selecting candidates.
Note: Reservation for OBC/PWD SC/ST/candidates will be granted as per the Government of India norms.
IIPS Mumbai Distance Course Fee 2019
Candidates will have to submit the tuition fee after they get selected. Candidates can check out the fee structure for distance admission in M.A in population studies program below
Fee for Indian students
Tuition Fee (Course Fee)*
Contact Programme Fee
Examination Fee (per paper)
Degree Certificate Fee
Course extension fee
Fee for Re-examination (per paper)
Fee for Re-evaluation (per paper)
Provisional Certificate Fee
Duplicate Certificate Fee
Duplicate ID Card Fee
Note: The fee structure mentioned above is decided by the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS). Further, the institute may change the fee structure without any prior notice.
As there are only 100 seats available for the program, candidates are recommended to fill the application form as soon as possible. Candidates who are facing any issue while downloading the application form can also collect it directly from the college and then send it to the college with the payment slip of registration fee mentioned in the table provided above.
MA in Population Studies at IIPS is designed to meet the training needs of government as well as non-government officials. The course looks at enhancing the skills of the working professionals and imparting them the knowledge in the field of population studies and demography.
Also Read: IIPS Mumbai PhD and M.Phil Admission