Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The course of BA LL. B is undoubtedly one of the most popular law programmes in India. It is an integrated law course which is covered over a span of 5 years and candidates are given a dual degree of Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Law upon the successful completion of the programme. BA LL. B is among the top course choices of students who aspire to make a career in law.
If you are interested in taking admission to any law college in Punjab for BA LL. B, go through this article to gather all the information about it. The state has many popular law institutes that offer the five year intergated law programme to aspiring candidates.
Highlights of Punjab BA LL. B Admissions 2022
The table given below provides the overview and basic details of Punjab BA LL. B admissions for the academic session 2022-23. Go through the details mentioned here to know all about the admission process of BA LL. B in Punjab.
|Admission Level||State Level|
|Course||Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Law (BA LL. B)|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam or Merit Based|
Punjab BA LL. B Eligibility Criteria 2022
In order to secure admission in a BA LL. B college in Punjab, it is mandatory for the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the course. Those who fail to do so will not be given a seat in their desired college. Check out the details Punjab BA LL. B eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidiate must have completed class 12 or its equivalent from a recognised board of education.
- It is essential for the applicant to have completed the 10+2 level in the regular mode. A few colleges also accept students who have obtained their class 12 degree through distance education and such students must target these colleges for admission.
- There is no age limit to apply for BA LL. B admission in Punjab.
- The student must have scored at least 45 - 50 per cent marks in aggregate in class 12.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to have received passing marks in all the subjects of the 10+2 level.
- If the college in which the candidate seeks admission needs the score of a law entrance exam, he/ she will have to appear for the exam and get a valid score.
Punjab BA LL. B Application Form 2022
The application process for Punjab BA LL. B admissions is mostly carried out in the online mode. Candidates will have to apply to each college separately. The detailed Pubjab BA LL. B application process has been explained in the points given below.
- The candidate will have to visit the official website of the college in which he/ she desires admission.
- He/ she must ensure that the application process is completed before the deadline expires.
- On the official website, the link to the application form will be available either on the home page or under the "Admissions" tab.
- The candidate will have to click on the link in order to access the application form for BA LL. B.
- While filling the application form, some personal and educational details of the applicant will be required.
- He/ she must enter all valid and correct details as any discrepancy will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- Marks of the qualifying exams and identification details will have to be filled in the form.
- After entering all the information asked, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of required documents.
- They might have to upload their passport-sized photograph and signature.
- Once the form is filled with all the information, candidates will have to pay the requisite application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through any online payment gateway like credit card, debit card, net banking, etc.
- If the college accepts offline applications, candidates can pay the fee through a demand draft or visit the college admin office.
Punjab BA LL. B Admission Process 2022
The admission process adopted by law colleges in Punjab for BA LL. B varies from institute to institute. Usually, one of the following ways is used for shortlisting candidates for the BA LL. B programme.
Through National/ State Level Entrance Exam:
Many law colleges accept scores of national-level or state-level entrance exams for selecting candidates for their BA LL. B course. Aspirants have to mandatorily appear for the exams accepted by their desired college in order to be eligible for admission.
|List of National Level Law Entrance Exams in India 2022||List of State Level Law Entrance Exams in India 2022|
Through College Entrance Exams:
Some law institutes in Punjab conduct their own entrance exams to test the aptitude of applicants. The candidates have to take the institute-level exam and score above the decided cutoff in order to be considered for admission. Additionally, further rounds of selection process might also be held to shortlist candidates.
On the Basis of Merit:
There are a few law colleges in the state of Punjab that select candidates on the basis of their marks in the qualifying degree. These institutes consider the class 12 board marks of applicants for shortlisting them. A merit list is prepared in which the applicant who has higher marks is given preference.
Punjab BA LL. B Entrance Exams 2022
There are some popular law entrance exams that are accepted across the law colleges of Punjab for BA LL. B admissions. A few of these exams have been listed below.
Consortium of NLUs
Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
|Panjab University Under Graduate Law Entrance Exam (PU UGLAW)||State Level||Punjab University|
|Army Institute of Law - Law Entrance Test (AIL LET)||Institute Level||Army Institute of Law|
Lovely Professional University
Pearson VUE on behalf of Law School Admission Council (LSAC)
Punjab BA LL. B Top Colleges 2022
Candidates who are hunting for good law colleges in Punjab can go through the table given below to know some options they can consider. The location and fee structure of each college have also been given.
|College Name||Location||BA LL. B Fees|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||Jalandhar, Punjab||Rs. 2.4 lacs per annum|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh, Punjab||Rs. 1.3 lacs per annum|
|Rayat Bahra University||Mohali, Punjab||Rs. 85,000 per annum|
|Chandigarh Group of Colleges||Jhanjeri, Mohali, Punjab||Rs. 69,000 per annum|
|Bhai Gurdas Group of Institutions||Sangrur, Punjab||Rs. 70,000 per annum|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL)||Patiala, Punjab||Rs. 2.06 lacs per annum|
|Army institute of Law (AIL)||Mohali, Punjab||Rs. 1.62 lacs per annum|
|Punjab University||Patiala, Punjab||Rs. 67,300 per annum|
|Amritsar Group of Colleges (AGC)||Amritsar, Punjab||Rs. 1 lac per annum|
|Khalsa College of Law (KLC)||Amritsar, Punjab||-|
If you wish to know anything more about BA LL. B admissions in Punjab, write to us through the QnA Zone or call on the toll free student helpline number 1800-572-9877. You can fill our Common Application Form to speak to our admission experts and avail counselling.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to get more updates and information on law admissions in India.