Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Law is a popular and reputed course field to choose from. Law courses are offered at all levels; undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, certificate and doctoral. Law as a career is prestigious and is popular among students worldwide.
The scope of law is immense and with a lot of opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Law degree offers reputed positions and high salary packages. Students from any background can pursue law after completing Class XII or Graduation Degree.
In India, both 3-years and 5-years LLB courses are offered to students at both government and private universities. Apart from that, integrated law courses are also opted by students these days with specialisations in different subjects.
India has around 23 National Law Universities and 500+ colleges offering various law courses at bachelor's, masters and doctoral levels.
Law can be pursued either by giving a law entrance exam or on the basis of merit. Popular law entrance exams include CLAT, AILET, LSAT, AIBE etc.
In India, fees for law courses depend from college to college, university to university. The average amount ranges between INR 50,00,000-5,00,000 LPA.
Top colleges offering varied law courses include NLU Delhi, NLSIU Bangalore, WBNUJS Kolkata, NALSAR University of Law, CLC Delhi University, Symbiosis Pune etc.
Students wanting to pursue law courses in India now have many opportunities as the law has emerged as one of the most prominent career options in recent times. In this era of the rat race, students look for options where the level of competition is less as compared to the rest and the students get maximum exposure. BA LLB is the undergraduate course that can be done by students wanting to pursue a career in the field of law. Many institutes also offer 5 years integrated law courses to the students. The first thing which the students notice while looking for a college is the fee structure. It is considered to be a major factor that the students keep in mind before choosing any institute.
CollegeDekho has prepared a list of the top colleges in India which offer B.A. LLB courses along with the fee structure of the respective institutions. Going through this section might help the students to get a better idea about the course structure which in turn will help them to choose the college wisely.
Also Read: Best Law Schools and Colleges in India 2022
Important Points to Remember While Selecting A Law College
A lot of factors are to be considered when selecting a law college, some of the determinants are mentioned below. It is important to be aware of such determinants to avoid later hassles.
- Before selecting a particular law college, it is very essential for a candidate to know everything about their desired law college in detail.
- Candidates may download the brochure of each college and check out all the details of the college which will help them to find out the services offered by them as well as the merits of choosing that college.
- Students must have a knowledge of the college rankings. It's always better to check the latest edition of NIRF Rankings and NAAC Grade.
- Candidates must also know the cut-off, eligibility criteria and selection process of that particular college/institute where they've applied. The cut-off of every participating institute varies from each other.
- Candidates should select the college after checking the placement history of past seasons, facilities provided and other important details.
- Students should also be aware of the faculty, the teachers, and their achievements to understand the teaching quality of the college and should also note that the college pedagogy is updated.
- Candidates must check out the fee structure prepared by each of the colleges and then finalise the college falling under their budget.
- Law college should also be determined based on the infrastructure, which is also a very important factor.
- Candidates must note that different colleges will have their own selection process to enrol the candidates in the law undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Candidates who fail to turn up for the final admission procedure will automatically lose their candidature.
- Applicants may compare two colleges to find out the better one between them.
Fees Structure of Top B.A. LL.B Colleges in India
Given below is the fee structure of some of the most popular BA LLB colleges. Along with the fee structure, the duration of the course is also mentioned.
Name of the College
Duration of the Course (Years)
Course Fees (INR) approx per year
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
University Law College, Bangalore
Faculty of Law Mumbai University, Mumbai
Faculty of Law (BHU), Varanasi
It is advisable to go through the course structure of the different law colleges before shortlisting any one college for pursuing law education. Also, it is recommended that students should keep options and not just go with one college. That can help them increase their chances of getting admission in a good law school.
In order to find the best BA LLB college for yourself, fill our Common Application Form (CAF). You can also give a call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877 to speak to our counsellors directly.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more law-related news and articles.
|How to Choose the Best NLU after CLAT 2022?|
|CLAT 2022 College Predictor|
|Colleges Accepting CLAT 2022 Score and Seat Matrix|