- Vel Tech University B tech Admission 2020
- Vel Tech University B tech Specialisations 2020
- Vel Tech University Important Dates 2020
- Vel Tech University B tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
- How to Apply for Vel Tech B tech Admission 2020
- Vel Tech University B tech Application Fee 2020
- Documents Required for Vel Tech University Application Form 2020
- Vel Tech University B tech Selection Process 2020
- Vel Tech University B tech Counselling 2020
- Vel Tech University B tech Course Fees 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology, earlier known as Veltech Dr. RR & Dr. SR University is commonly known as Vel Tech University now. It is situated in Avadi, Chennai. The University offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in engineering and technology apart from offering an MBA. The University also has other campuses like the Multi-tech, High tech, VTRS and arts, and science.
This article has all the information regarding Vel Tech University’s B.Tech admission 2020, the eligibility criteria, important dates, selection process, etc.
Vel Tech University B tech Admission 2020
Admission to the B tech program at Vel Tech is on the basis of the entrance examination known as the Vel Tech University Engineering Entrance Examination (VTUEEE). This exam will take place in two phases. Candidates who are interested in seeking admission in the B.Tech course at Vel Tech can take a look at the eligibility criteria, important dates, and selection process in the article.
Vel Tech University B tech Specialisations 2020
Vel Tech University offers a number of B.Tech specialisations that candidates can choose from. Given below are the list of B.Tech specialisations offered at Vel Tech:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering-Networking and Cyber Security
- Computer Science and Engineering-Data Analytics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Vel Tech University Important Dates 2020
Given below are the important dates for the VTUEEE exam for B.Tech admission at Vel Tech University:
|Result Release Date|
VTUEEE Phase I paper and pen test (PPT)
January 22 to January 26, 2020
|February 15, 2020|
VTUEEE Phase II
April 23 to April 26, 2020
|May 6, 2020|
Vel Tech University B tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
Those who are seeking admission in the B.Tech program at Vel Tech need to meet the eligibility criteria before applying for B.Tech admission 2020 at Vel Tech. The eligibility criteria for B.Tech admission is that the candidate should have passed 10+2 or those candidates who are appearing for 10+2 in April/May with subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as compulsory papers from any of the recognized boards can also apply.
How to Apply for Vel Tech B tech Admission 2020
To apply for B.Tech admission 2020 at Vel Tech, candidates will have to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the B.Tech admission portal
- Fill all the details correctly
- There are two modes-offline and offline for making payment
- For online payment, candidates will have to pay Rs.750 as application fee using net banking/credit card/debit card.
- For offline payment, candidates will have to send a demand draft of Rs.750 in favour of Vel Tech Dr. RR and Dr. SR University, payable at Chennai.
- The DD and the filled application form have to be sent to the address given below
Director, UG admission, Vel Tech Dr. RR and Dr. SR Technical University, #42 Avadi-Vel Tech Road, Avadi, Chennai-600062, Tamil Nadu
- Candidates can also choose to pay cash at the specified branch of the post offices/book shops or by giving a DD for Rs.750 in person at Vel Tech University, Avadi, Chennai or the administrative offices.
Vel Tech University B tech Application Fee 2020
Candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs.750 either online or offline to apply for B.Tech admission at Vel Tech University.
Documents Required for Vel Tech University Application Form 2020
Given below is the list of documents that candidates need to apply for B.Tech admission 2020 at Vel Tech University:
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Mark sheet of class 12th
- Transfer/migration certificate
- Photocopy of Aadhar/Ration card
- Community certificate (for all categories other than general)
- Six copies of recent passport size coloured photographs of the candidate with white background dress in formal wear with the name and date printed
- Nativity certificate ((for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, and the north-eastern states)
- Two sets of photocopies of all the original documents
- Undertaking for good behavior in the prescribed form (will be given at the time of admission)
- Undertaking for industrial visits
- An anti-ragging joint undertaking by parent/guardian and the student
- Four copies of passport size photographs of parent/guardian
- Any other undertaking or declaration which may be required at the time of admission or counselling
Vel Tech University B tech Selection Process 2020
The selection for B.Tech admission 2019 at Vel Tech will be through a merit list which will be prepared on the basis of total marks scored in VTUEEE. There will also be reservation for the reserved categories/physically challenged candidates as per the rules of the government of India.
VTUEEE evaluates a candidate’s knowledge of the subject, comprehension and critical analysis skills. The questions are multiple-choice and the paper will have three parts with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the sections. The marks for the Math section is 50 while for the other two sections, it is 25. Each question will have one mark and there will be no negative marking for the wrong answers. The duration of the test will be 2.5 hours.
Vel Tech University B tech Counselling 2020
VTUEEE 2019 counselling is done for all the qualified candidates’ basis their ranks. For VTUEEE phase 1, a counselling session will take place in the first week of May 2019 at the Vel Tech University campus. The University will also conduct open counselling in May or June 2019 for phase 2. The candidates who are applying directly for admission to VTU may also get a call for the counselling process if they meet the eligibility criteria. Given below is the list of documents which candidates will need to carry for VelTech B.Tech counselling:
- VTUEEE 2020 hall ticket
- Original mark sheets of class 12th
- Original and one photocopy of board certificates of class 10 and 12
- Nativity and domicile certificates (for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, and north-eastern states)
- Reserved category candidates will have to bring their SC/ST category certificates
- A DD against the total fee as mentioned in the brochure of VTUEEE 2020. It must be in favour of Vel Tech Dr. RR and Dr. SR Technical University, payable at Chennai.
Those candidates who are not able to attend the counselling at the University may also do so online by clicking on the link given on the official website of Vel Tech University. Candidates will have to pay an initial deposit of Rs.10, 000 for provisional branch allotment online.
Vel Tech University B tech Course Fees 2020
Given below is the course fees for B.Tech at Vel Tech University
Annual Tuition Fee
Annual Program Fee
Note: Candidates will have to pay a caution deposit of Rs.5000 payable once during the admission, and it will be refunded at the end of the course. Exam fee will be applicable for all the subjects for every semester for only the first attempt.
In November 2014, Veltech got Tier I accreditation from the National Board of Accreditation for its mechanical engineering and aeronautical engineering undergraduate programs.