- Articles byStream
Everything You Need to know About a Customer Care/Service Executive
A customer care executive usually interacts with customers. Most of the companies hire customer care executives. The nature of the job is same for the customer service executives working in various companies. They clear doubts of the customers regarding a product or service of the concerned company. For example, we find customer care executives in telecom companies. They usually clarify various doubts raised by customers. It is one of the best career paths for those who are good at communication skills.
Also read:- Career Guide to become a Strategic Planner
Responsibilities of a Customer Care Executive:-
- They usually interact with the customers either by Telephone, online or face to face.
- It is the prior responsibility of a customer service executive to respond promptly to the queries raised by customers.
- They need to handle and resolve various complaints of the customers.
- They need to cultivate basic knowledge and obtain relevant information about the product or service.
- They need to provide information about pricing and delivery information if they are working in an online retail store or ordinary retail stores.
- They need to perform customer verifications.
- They can also provide services like setting up new accounts for customers in their company’s portal.
- A customer care executive plays an important role in processing applications, forms, and orders.
- It is the prior responsibility to organize workflow to meet customer’s timeframe.
- They need to keep records of interactions and transactions with customers.
- They also need to keep records of complaints, comments, and inquiries.
- Maintenance of customer database is mandatory.
- They need to communicate with the internal departments.
- Follow up on customer interactions is an important task.
Also read:- A Career in Operations Management
How to become a Customer Care Executive?
- If a person is willing to become a customer care executive, he/she must pass in +2 or degree or equivalent.
- He/she must have knowledge of principles of customer service.
- He/she must be proficient in handling a computer.
- Ability in typing is mandatory.
- If a person wants to join in a call center which deals with computers, mobiles, and others, he/she must be proficient in English.
- If a person wants to become a customer care executive in a telecom company, he/she must have proficiency in regional knowledge. Most of the telecom companies hire customer care executives who are proficient in regional languages.
Also read:- Career Guide to become an Android Developer
- Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Proper listening skills. This is the most important skill required for a customer care executive.
- Analysis and Solving skills of a particular problem are necessary.
- Customer service orientation.
- Capability to handle stress.
- Last and foremost skill is ‘Patience’. A customer service executive must have the patience to solve the issues of customers smoothly.
Advancement of Career:-
- The advancement of a career in this field depends on the experience and skills.
- One can become a team leader and manager if they gain more experience. However, the advancement of career is limited in this field.
How much salary does a Customer Service Executive earn?
- Usually, the basic pay offered for a customer service executive ranges from Rs.9,000 to Rs.12,000 per month.
- However, companies like HP, Dell, Lenovo and other companies which manufacture electrical products offer good salaries ranging from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 18,000 per month.
To conclude, it is one of the best career options for those who do not wish to go for higher studies. If you have extraordinary communication skills and command over language(s), this is one of the best fields.
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...
In a jolt to the ad-hoc teachers' community, the Delhi University's Scrutiny Committee has rejected the ...