Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
India Post has released official notifications for the recruitment process of the post of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the regions of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh. All candidates who are interested in applying for the Gramin Dak Sevak post and wish to be a part of the India Post can avail this opportunity and apply for the India Post Recruitment 2019. The official notification for the same has been released and the postal recruitment 2019-20 has started already.
The details of India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019 are provided in this article. The candidates who are looking forward to apply for recruitment to the post can find all relevant information regarding India Post recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak here. The eligibility criteria, selection process, and application process with respect to the Gramin Dak Sevak recruitments of India Post are provided to assist the interested candidates. The Gramin Dak Sevak application process is done in the online mode only and has already started. There are a total of 5,476 vacancies combined in the Andhra Pradesh circle, Chhattisgarh circle, and Telangana circle. The India Post recruitment 2019 will be done for the posts of Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster (BPM), and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM).
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Vacancies 2019
There are a total of 5,476 vacancies solely for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in India for the recruitment process of 2019. These vacancies are divided in the circles of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh. The total vacancies in all these states are given below.
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment Application Process 2019
The application process of Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019 is given below. All candidates interested in applying for the post must keep in mind that the application forms will be submitted in the online mode only. Those who are interested in applying for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak posts in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Chhattisgarh can follow the steps given below to complete their application process.
- Go to the official website of India Post.
- You will find the link to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak post for the recruitment of 2019 on the home page.
- Click on the link and you will be redirected to another page.
- Register yourself for the application process.
- Enter your name, date of birth, and set up a strong password.
- After creating your portal, proceed to fill the application form.
- Enter all of your personal details that are asked for. Make sure the spellings of names you use are the same as that on official and government documents.
- Fill in your academic records wherever they are asked for.
- Upload scanned copies of all the documents which will include the mark sheet of class 10th, mark sheet of class 12th (if applicable), and the caste or disability certificate (if applicable).
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Submit the form.
- Give the application fee through any medium of online payment such as net banking or a credit/ debit card.
- Take a print out of the form and keep it with you for future use.
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in the regions of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Chhattisgarh are the same. Candidates who do not qualify the eligibility criteria for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak will not be considered for the post and their application forms will be rejected. The selection authorities will check the original documents of all applicants before hiring them for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak 2019 and if any discrepancy is found in the documents, they can also take legal action against the candidate. Hence, it is extremely important to check the eligibility criteria for the Gramin Dak Sevak post before applying for the same. The Gramin Dak Sevak eligibility criteria are given below.
- The candidate must have completed his/ her Secondary School Examination (class 10th) and should possess its pass certificate.
- The school from which the candidate has completed the class 10th education must be a recognised board of school education under the government of India/ Union Territories of India/ any state government.
- It is compulsory for the candidate to have cleared the final exams of Mathematics and English in class 10th.
- The candidate must have studied the local language up to at least the 10th standard as a compulsory or an elective subject.
- The candidate must have basic computer training. They will be required to produce a certificate of Basic Computer Training Course which is of a minimum of 60 days duration. The course can be done from any Computer Training Institute that is run by the Central Government/ Universities/ State Government / Boards / Private Institutions or organisations. If an applicant has studied computer as a subject in class 10th or 12th, he/ she does not need to provide this certificate.
The age limit set for the candidates applying for the Gramin Dak Sevak post is set between 18 and 40 years. However, relaxation in age is given to some candidates on the basis of their category. The age relaxation for India Post Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019 is explained below.
Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Person with Disabilities (PwD)
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates
|No Relaxation Given|
Person with Disabilities + OBC
Person with Disabilities + SC/ ST
India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment Selection Process 2019
The selection process of Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019 will commence a few after the application process of the same has closed. The authorities responsible for shortlisting all applicants have to follow a set of rules and regulations while selecting the candidates for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak. The selection process of candidates for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak is given below.
- Selection of candidates will be done strictly according to the automatically generated merit list as per the rules and based on the online application submitted by the candidates.
- No special weightage will be given to candidates for higher educational qualification during their selection.
- The marks obtained by candidates in class 10th of the approved boards will only be considered for selection. The criteria for the final selection of the candidates will be their aggregate percentage of 10th standard taken to the accuracy of four decimals.
- Preference will be given to the candidates who have cleared class 10th examination in the first attempt. They will be treated as meritorious against those applicants who clear the exam compartmentally.
For more news and updates regarding Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment or India Post recruitment 2019, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!